Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Business Class coming to LH [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by more4less
Wi-fi would be nice but please no mobile phones or skype...
LH has done a good job in blocking skype (or Similar) and cell phones from being able to function on their version of wifi. I HOPE THAT DOESNT CHANGE!

Could you imagine 100 people on a 320 chatting all at once trying to "Out-Loud" each other?????
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by Fendant
Guys , did you ever try and work on your notebook in NEK ??
Yeah, you end up sitting at a funny angle and leaning the notebook over the spare seat. Another fine triumph by LH.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:02 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Guys! We are going OT. This is not a thread about NEK.
Let's get back to questions for oliver2002.

The number of seats on 333 according to http://klarhorst.com/Liste.htm suggests the same configuration for the new 333: F8 C48 Y165.

How are they going to fit the same number of new C seats and Y seats in the same amount of space? Whether the C cabin is arranged \\ \/ // or \/ \/ \/ they can only squeeze in the same number of seats by making the aisles narrower. Or are they going to reduce the number of seats?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Guys! We are going OT. This is not a thread about NEK.
Let's get back to questions for oliver2002.

The number of seats on 333 according to http://klarhorst.com/Liste.htm suggests the same configuration for the new 333: F8 C48 Y165.

How are they going to fit the same number of new C seats and Y seats in the same amount of space? Whether the C cabin is arranged \\ \/ // or \/ \/ \/ they can only squeeze in the same number of seats by making the aisles narrower. Or are they going to reduce the number of seats?
Bingo, the config is incorrect hence I said I'd take that list with a pinch of salt here. There is a loss in seat count but it's minimal.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:05 am

So, here's a question,

I'll be travelling LAX-MAN early 2013, should i pick FRA on the 747 or MUC on the A340, which do you think has most chance of these new seats??

Many thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by dannyrado
So, here's a question,

I'll be travelling LAX-MAN early 2013, should i pick FRA on the 747 or MUC on the A340, which do you think has most chance of these new seats??

Many thanks.
Hi,

Do you want to book so much in advance?

I would consider also LX.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

Do you want to book so much in advance?

I would consider also LX.
Got too, it would be a DC miles booking. Well not "got too" but "sensible too", i don't want my miles devalued into Avios.

tbh. I'd want to be travelling NZ, but there's no availabillity, I'd love to travel LX but they charge full YQ for an infant . There's no US availabillity, which would be low taxes, and no CO/UA availabillity apart from F.....

Not that LH is 5th best, i'd still love to fly them, but of coarse if they are going to have a new C seat i may as well try to get it.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by dannyrado
Got too, it would be a DC miles booking. Well not "got too" but "sensible too", i don't want my miles devalued into Avios.

tbh. I'd want to be travelling NZ, but there's no availabillity, I'd love to travel LX but they charge full YQ for an infant . There's no US availabillity, which would be low taxes, and no CO/UA availabillity apart from F.....

Not that LH is 5th best, i'd still love to fly them, but of coarse if they are going to have a new C seat i may as well try to get it.
Fully understand it.

Chances are small in any case, but I guess that there are more possibilities to get the new 747 in this route, with the new C seat, than a refurbished A340.

Good luck!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
According to this post on VFT it looks like the first two destinations (from MUC) for the new A333 will be DXB and TLV (end of May to end of June). Then BOM (from beginning of July to end of August).
The post you quote talks about the 33P, ie the retrofitted F in A330. I was talking about the 33Q, the new A330 with new F and C, that will fly to IAD, NYC, YUL, RUH, TLV, BOM in concert with the 33P.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The post you quote talks about the 33P, ie the retrofitted F in A330. I was talking about the 33Q, the new A330 with new F and C, that will fly to IAD, NYC, YUL, RUH, TLV, BOM in concert with the 33P.
But where are the A330s with the retrofitted F?

So is it going to be a lottery again whether you get the new C (in addition to the new F) on any flight?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The A330s will start to be retrofiited with F this summer, and the newly refitted ones will be stationed in MUC at first. The new C retrofit is yet to be scheduled and we have to manage with the new A330 and 748i deliveries for now
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This can't come soon enough. Just rode TATL in an old A340 - I had forgotten how uncomfortable these seats were for sleeping. The cabin service and food could also use an overhaul, but that's another matter. When the flight leaves at 10pm, people don't want to stay up hours waiting for crappy food to be served.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:07 pm

Please continue the discussion in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-minisite.html

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.