Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Business Class coming to LH [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:35 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
I think you meant to say, "I sure hope that SN *and its parent company* would expedite both of their plans to upgrade their business class." Certainly there has been no leadership by LH in expediting the business class refit/upgrade, and if anything the parent company has been talking longer about this than SN.
Reading through this thread, I thought LH is at least moving ahead with C class upgrade, right? As for the SN, they were supposed to complete their upgrade ages ago and they only have 5 airplanes.... When I fly their OO-SFV, for example, I feel truly cheated having to spend so much money and still need to fly their old business class seats.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SN is getting some A330s from the LH group (1 from LX, some new) to improve their fleet and then move to upgrade the interiors. Currently they can't pull aircraft from regular rotations for refits because there is no spare capacity.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: *, 1W
Originally Posted by LHPII
That is a complete nonsense.
A great majority of LH crew are still german. LH has never had a point where it decided to be more international and employ other nationalities as cabin crew.
Foreign nationalities have always been welcomed at LH and as Germany became more diverse nation, so did LH.
Really? I mean the majority of the crew are still German, that's obviously correct. But what about the Chinese, the Thais, the Indians and the Japanese that are present on every flight to and from Asia?

LH has made that very decision (to become more international) years ago and at least on Asian flights, 10-20% of the crew are "local". No nonsense here, I'm afraid.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: LH M
Originally Posted by Chopsticks
Really? I mean the majority of the crew are still German, that's obviously correct. But what about the Chinese, the Thais, the Indians and the Japanese that are present on every flight to and from Asia?

LH has made that very decision (to become more international) years ago and at least on Asian flights, 10-20% of the crew are "local". No nonsense here, I'm afraid.
......which doesn't prove the opposite to what I have written. The number of regional FAs + FBs auf Zeit or seasonal FAs should not exceed 10% of overall cabin crew number which is currently around 18 000.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SN is getting some A330s from the LH group (1 from LX, some new) to improve their fleet and then move to upgrade the interiors. Currently they can't pull aircraft from regular rotations for refits because there is no spare capacity.
I understood that SN will get 2 A332s from LX; HB-IQA has already been painted in SN colors and will be delivered next month, HB-IQC should follow next spring (after which TATL flights will be started). As soon as HB-IQA has been delivered, the current A333's will get their upgraded interiors one by one, after which HB-IQA will follow as well.

Didn't know that SN apparently will get new A333's as well
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Now- SN and BRU are in that same category- look at the passengers arriving on JET and imagine their connections with SN.
One of the reasons why I now refuse to fly Jet and transit BRU - the treatment meted out to biz and first pax is ridiculous - it is total chaos over there when our Jet flights all land within minutes of each other and the local airport staff haven't a clue and cannot even speak English or any other language other than their own!

The Jet product is much better than LH's, but I refuse to fly via BRU any longer, as there is zero infrastructure for us there, and everything is overpriced, even if you want to buy some chocolate as a gift.

So FRA or MUC it is - on LH. (Even though the biz/first product is deficient, I still prefer a strong hub to be able to support the flights I'm on)

Waiting to see what biz product LH brings out...
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I refuse to fly via BRU any longer, as there is zero infrastructure for us there, and everything is overpriced, even if you want to buy some chocolate as a gift.
Who is "us"? If Jet takes you where you want to go, why would you trade 2-4 hours of transit through a non-excellent airport with 6-10-14 hours of travel with a non-excellent carrier?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by CAlex
Who is "us"? If Jet takes you where you want to go, why would you trade 2-4 hours of transit through a non-excellent airport with 6-10-14 hours of travel with a non-excellent carrier?
LH also takes me to the same place. It is not an excellent carrier for sure, but adequate enough, with a greater propensity to be able to handle irrops when they occur.

(Us = India-based FF'ers)

(Oh yes, I used to fly SQ from BOM all the time to EWR, so that might seem absurd to you as well, I guess...)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Sep 21, 2011 at 12:24 am
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: *, 1W
No, it doesn't contradict this...

A great majority of LH crew are still german.
But, with all due respect, the following is in my view not the case either. We're not talking about numbers here, we're talking about a change in policy that allowed a sufficient number "local" crews on certain flights and that has happened. That is part of becoming "more international" in my book.

LH has never had a point where it decided to be more international and employ other nationalities as cabin crew.
In any case and back to topic, if the new business class is similar to the new one of CX, it's going to be a big step forward. Then again, it would need to be a 1-2-1 layout on the 330/340's and I don't think that is going to happen, or is it?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Someone (probably inadvertently) used a very scalable image of the new C in slide 7 of todays IR ppt: http://investor-relations.lufthansa....-21-id21id.pdf
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:56 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Someone (probably inadvertently) used a very scalable image of the new C in slide 7 of todays IR ppt: http://investor-relations.lufthansa....-21-id21id.pdf
Interesting! So the seats are slightly angled and it will take up to 5 years to retrofit the whole fleet.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Interesting! So the seats are slightly angled
I was not sure from the picture but it looked a bit so. I hope we are both wrong.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
and it will take up to 5 years to retrofit the whole fleet.
I though that was a bad joke.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saviox
I was not sure from the picture but it looked a bit so so. I hope we are both wrong.
I meant not facing directly forward, not non-horizontal if you see what I mean.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: LH M
http://www.mucforum.de/showthread.ph...eninfos/page60
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:15 pm

That new biz doesn't look too exciting at all, unfortunately.

After lucking out flying a Jet 77w in biz on a domestic sector (India) a few days ago, one realizes how good the Jet seat is - perfect for sleeping/dining/watching AVOD! (AVOD improved from previously horrible selections to becoming quite good! Also airvents available above the seat on the 77w)

Unfortunately, I choose not use them internationally due to the lack of an alliance membership - as well as LH's superior ground facilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.