Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Business Class coming to LH [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by hamallu
OK so just to make things very clear as everyone is speculating.

Here are the facts. The new C seat is not the same as CX's new J as CX uses the Cirrus platform by Sicma -Zodiac Aerospace. LH's new C/cl seat vendor is B/E Aerospace.
I thought so.

LH wouldn't after all these years of research of customer comfort and preferences (as they claim) install seats that already exist in the market for sometime
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

Here are the facts. The new C seat is not the same as CX's new J as CX uses the Cirrus platform by Sicma -Zodiac Aerospace. LH's new C/cl seat vendor is B/E Aerospace.
Those screenshots kind of look like an enhanced version of the CO B/E seats. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 2:27 am

Programs: *, 1W

Thanks for clarifying...
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
So which of these B/E Aerospace's business seats does the new LH C seat resemble? Or will LH go for something completely different?

The seats in the presentation image look more like the UA business seats on the B/E Aerospace website

rather than the CO business seats.

Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1k
Bathroom retrofit

...for 744's I read somewhere that the bathrooms are being retrofited to a larger size as well.

Upcoming trip ORD-FRA. Wondering if there is a decent opportunity for MHC initiation.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by latimeriv
...for 744's I read somewhere that the bathrooms are being retrofited to a larger size as well.

Upcoming trip ORD-FRA. Wondering if there is a decent opportunity for MHC initiation.
380 F would be recommended .
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by seat 1a
380 F would be recommended .
I am sure it would be. Maybe later.

This trip is booked ORD-FRA in 744 C. I am one of the the "anything is better than Y" folk, having done that a time or two. But even in general C cabins loos, it would seem hard to accomplish. But Mrs and I are getting a bit adventurous...
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: their are many of them

I wonder how long the Refit will take on the 747s .... i wonder if LH would slow down the retrofit till after this is announced so that F and C can be done at the same time. it would definetly be more efficent
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
I wonder how long the Refit will take on the 747s .... i wonder if LH would slow down the retrofit till after this is announced so that F and C can be done at the same time. it would definetly be more efficent
Until 2016 at least according to slide #8 of this presentation.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club
Lufthansa confirms new business class for Boeing 747-8 in 2012

http://www.ausbt.com.au/lufthansa-co...-747-8-in-2012
Lufthansa will launch its new business class seat -- a fully flat bed -- in 2012 when it starts flying the new Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental, an airline spokesperson has confirmed to Australian Business Traveller.
The airline appears to be using the Sicma Cirrus angled herringbone layout seat -- already popular with Australian travellers on Cathay Pacific's new business class. US Airways also uses the seat in its Envoy business/first class.

Here are the seats as Lufthansa presented them to investors:

While confirming the new premium cabin, Lufthansa hedged that the photo of the seats shown at the investor presentation last week was "not an official image of our new business class", with an airline spokesperson telling Australian Business Traveller that "the snapshot doesn't show the final version of the seat."

The 747-8 configuration will see Lufthansa's first class relocated from the 'bubble' atop the jumbo into the aircraft's nose, while the new business class will occupy the 747-8's elongated bubble as well as a smaller secondary cabin downstairs.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by g.yau
http://www.ausbt.com.au/lufthansa-co...-747-8-in-2012
Lufthansa will launch its new business class seat -- a fully flat bed -- in 2012 when it starts flying the new Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental, an airline spokesperson has confirmed to Australian Business Traveller.
The airline appears to be using the Sicma Cirrus angled herringbone layout seat -- already popular with Australian travellers on Cathay Pacific's new business class. US Airways also uses the seat in its Envoy business/first class.
These guys obviously haven't been reading FT. The new business seats will not be manufactured by Sicma Cirrus but by B/E Aerospace as announced earlier in the year.

http://investor.beaerospace.com/phoe...008&highlight=
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Be careful guys. This removal does proof that someone from LH is spying on us on a daily basis
Not really, I asked the product manager of the interkont product if they placed a hint for us to discover That probably did the trick. The picture we found is indeed a rendering of the seat for the 748i. Since multiple sources had copied the image and I had secured a copy of the pdf myself I thought it was ok to 'call the airline' as the mistake fare guys call it.

What I find hillarious is the australian article that came out this week. The author obviously copied the image he found on VFT/FT/mucforum but didn't do any research on the seat manufacturer.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:06 am

So it is really the picture someone put into the slides last week...

Now I am wondering how many seats there are in one row!?

It seems the picture shows the upper deck, which will be 2-2?
Will be interesting to see if they have 2-2-2 or 1-2-1 on the lower deck, and how they will proceed with the A388....
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by latimeriv
I am sure it would be. Maybe later.

This trip is booked ORD-FRA in 744 C. I am one of the the "anything is better than Y" folk, having done that a time or two. But even in general C cabins loos, it would seem hard to accomplish. But Mrs and I are getting a bit adventurous...
I was thinking of your MHC introduction
Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:13 am

Programs: UA 1K
I don't think the image is a render of any particular plane. If you look at he window size, it's actually closes to a 787.

I would also assume they Lufthansa wouldn't do a 1-2-1 cabin of this, but rather a 2-2-2.

I look forward to trying this seat, I'm flying a lot more LH this next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.