Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nope, only SEN/HON can select those economy seats before OLCI starts....
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yul36
Have 2 NRT flights coming up this month. The first on Tue. Does LH not allow star gold advance selection of premium seating. The will not allow selection lower than 56 in the front Y cabin, and claim the 76s can only be selected at the airport when u have no chance of getting them at flight time.
As RTW1 says those seats near the front of the cabin can only be pre-selected by M&M's own *G (SEN/HON). Try when OLCI starts T-23.

FRA-NRT flights are often full of Japanese tour groups/tourists who don't seem to covet exit seats as much as most FTers. I was on LH710/711 earlier in the year in Business and had 27A both ways. 27C was blocked but 27H/K remained empty throughout. You may still be able to get a seat in row 76 at the airport.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
A380 missing rows

Seat guru and expert flyer show rows 50 and 88 as bulk heads. On my seat selection chart from NRT, rows 51 and 89 are showing as the first rows in the two cabins. Which is right.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yul36
Seat guru and expert flyer show rows 50 and 88 as bulk heads. On my seat selection chart from NRT, rows 51 and 89 are showing as the first rows in the two cabins. Which is right.
According to the seatmap on lufthansa.com rows 50 and 88 are also the first rows of the respective cabins. It's possible that seats in those rows are blocked and not available for selection.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
LH A380 (IAH to FRA)...exit row, or front of plane?

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, but I'm hoping a mod will move it if need be...anyway, I'm trying to determine my seat (in Y class) for an upcoming flight on LH from IAH to FRA. Right now there's an exit row window seat (76A) without a seat in front of it, but I've also heard that seats in rows 50-59 are nice because they're in the front of the plane. I realize this isn't going to be as nice as a C or F seat, but my business cannot afford to seat me "up" there. So, would you recommend 76A, or something like 58A? Anyone have any recommendations one way or another? I went ahead and grabbed 76A for now, thinking it may be easier to move to the front later.

According to the Seat Guru map (http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Luf...irbus_A380.php) it looks like 76A is a good seat, but I'm not sure if sitting toward the front of the plane in front of the engines would really make a big deal. I've got a long layover in FRA (4.5 hrs) so I don't need to worry about hurrying off the plane. I also have a good set of Bose noise cancelling headphones (as well as earplugs) so noise isn't really an issue either. Thoughts? The sooner the better, as the seats just opened up because the flight is 48 hours from now!

Anyway, thanks for your info!

Matt
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I'm trying to determine my seat (in Y class) for an upcoming flight on LH from IAH to FRA. R
IMHO, 76A,K are the seats you want. If you want more opinions, follow the links from here.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:52 pm

Thanks for the input...I'm still booked for 76A so that's what I'm gonna stick with.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by N1003U
IMHO, 76A,K are the seats you want. If you want more opinions, follow the links from here.
+1. The only drawback of 76AK is the fact that you can't really see much due to the MASSIVE wing even though there is a window next to you. Was really a bit overwhelming feeling being able to see only the tall tails of 380s, 747s, 777s and 340s while taxiing in FRA
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, MR Platinum, BW Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by N1003U
+1
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
The only drawback of 76AK is the fact that you can't really see much due to the MASSIVE wing even though there is a window next to you.
Yep, "MASSIVE" is just about right. That wing is utterly gigantic! I still definitely enjoyed (and would highly recommend) 76A (and K), though!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:31 pm

Yesterday I flew FRA-PVG on the A380, after being rebooked from a cancelled flight. I was very excited to try this aircraft for the first time!
These are my impressions:

- The cabin is amazingy quiet. I was absolutely stunned by the low low noise. It makes the flight much more relaxing.
- The IFE is very slow, and can be infuriating at times. However, following take-off and landing from the tail camera is pretty cool!
- The personal space is absolutely insufficient. While the 3-4-3 configuration is not a major issue, the pitch is just disgraceful. When the person ahead of you reclines, the IFE screen is literally in your face (1.82m tall person here, not particularly slouchy when sitting down).
- The seats are actually OK, even if they are pretty thin.
- The cabin crew is spread really thin. 500 passengers are a big task from boarding to disembarking.
- Finally, silverware in economy? Fancy fancy Lufthansa!

All in all it was an OK flight, but the cramped seat pitch will make me want to fly an A380 again only on the upper deck. When LH changes the seats, obviously .
Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I also flew this route in October (I posted a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E4oF6eCy7w).
Overall a very nice experience, especially when having three seats just for myself.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: VS Gold
Are rows 51-57 premium economy?

Expertflyer shows them marked with a "P" and none of them appear to be booked...

I'm about to book a flight on lufhtansa.com but I want to find four middle seats together for my family. Alas only rows 77 and 93 appear to be free (plus 51-57).

Another peculiarity is that 67-70G appear to be blocked in otherwise available rows of four.

Thanks all!

Last edited by maxmin; Jan 18, 2014 at 2:14 am
Old Feb 26, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Asiana Gold, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Hi,
I am soon travelling from FRA to SIN and I managed to change my seat to 76A. Does anyone know if I will have to pay anything later for this seat ? I am not willing to pay anything so it would be a bad surprise to discover when checking in that I have to pay something !
Does anyone have a recent experience with this seat ?
Thanks !
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why do you assume you have to pay extra? If that was the case they would have charged you at the time of booking.... and it's a great seat, one where you should pay extra for if that was offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.