Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Lufthansa is charging for ALL seats nowadays.

Free seat reservation is (for the moment) available for SEN/HON only (in Economy)
Sorry, thats BS. ASR is free for everyone except the lowest 4 economy booking classes.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
Yes, here's positive reviews of the upper deck economy cabin. I just reserved 96H and K and the agent said these upper deck economy seats were the best on the aircraft. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic..._en_avion.html
Thank you!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:14 am

Can someone please check if LH441 on 13/03 (IAH-FRA) has the upper deck economy seats (and if there's a seat available)?

I'm considering connecting through IAH instead of IAD or ORD, as there are no premium economy seats on basic or basic+ left on these flights.

Thanks,
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Not correct. No charge for Business and First passengers regardless of the status.

Also Economy passengers in booking classes Y B M U H X Q V can reserve non-exit row seats free of charge.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...3&l=en#ancAbT2
Ah! That's why I got it for free: I'm used United miles to book this flight and was booked into class X.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by psampaio
Can someone please check if LH441 on 13/03 (IAH-FRA) has the upper deck economy seats (and if there's a seat available)?

I'm considering connecting through IAH instead of IAD or ORD, as there are no premium economy seats on basic or basic+ left on these flights.

Thanks,
just did a dummy booking and it appears the last economy row is 94, i.e. no upper deck Y.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
just did a dummy booking and it appears the last economy row is 94, i.e. no upper deck Y.
Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: UA
Try my luck here

How full is the plane usually on fra-iah- fra route?

I am debating to myself should I pay 1900 dollar for Pe seat or pay 1200 for typical Econ seT and hoping I have the next seat opened without anyone beside me.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I was only talking about Economy (as stated) - as you've quoted my second part too "(in Economy)" you should have noticed that..
I, like others, also understood your post as "charging everyone, except for SEN/HON in Economy", meaning charging SEN/HON in Business as well as charging FT in BIZ/FC. It can be difficult to admit when our posts are ambiguous and easy to blame others for misreading. I know I don't like admitting it either.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by coolyiu
Try my luck here

I am debating to myself should I pay 1900 dollar for Pe seat or pay 1200 for typical Econ seT and hoping I have the next seat opened without anyone beside me.
Pay $1200 and hope for the empty seat or the op-up. IMO, LH PE is not worth any money unless someone can take advantage of an extra baggage allowance.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by coolyiu
Try my luck here

Hi,

How do you know that there is any PE on this route ?

I read somewhere that they are going to change the 380 for a 748i on this route, but anyway, I have not seen any information on if this route has PE at all…
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Kleffen
Hi,

How do you know that there is any PE on this route ?

I read somewhere that they are going to change the 380 for a 748i on this route, but anyway, I have not seen any information on if this route has PE at all…
I tried to book it for may 2015 and there is Pe fare and I can select the Pe seat, the upper deck e is all filled up or block out currently
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:31 pm

btw another dumb question

In FRA, does A380 unload passenger with both front and back bridge at lower deck?

reason I am asking is if I choose lower deck econ seat and choose seat near row 90 will I be able to offboard earlier than the rest of the lower deck?

I only get 55 minute layover for the next flight.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:33 am

You can ask a flight attendant to be moved to the front of the cabin if there is an empty seat so that you can disembark among the first.

They will not police the whole plane to let you stroll through the cabin and leave first otherwise.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
PE on A380?

So I just made a booking FRA-JFK for April on an A380 and I seem to have landed in a PE seat (I booked economy). Are they using a retrofitted A380 on this route without selling PE seats yet?

Next question is: stay in what looks to be PE (only two seats on the right and left sides, am in 54A) or move to 76A, which is still open?

There are also Y seats on the upper deck available...
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by econprof
So I just made a booking FRA-JFK for April on an A380 and I seem to have landed in a PE seat (I booked economy). Are they using a retrofitted A380 on this route without selling PE seats yet?

Next question is: stay in what looks to be PE (only two seats on the right and left sides, am in 54A) or move to 76A, which is still open?

There are also Y seats on the upper deck available...
I would have called them and confirmed if you actually get a PE seat. Something that sounds a bit weird in the first place since you booked Eco. If you do, then I would have kept the 54A. 76A is a great Eco seat, but I doubt it's as good as a PE window seat...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.