Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:37 pm

Take the libery to ask the same question as above, which was never answered... :-)

Row 60 - is it restricted leg room due to the wall or is the leg room incresed compared to regular economy sests?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
Take the libery to ask the same question as above, which was never answered... :-)

Row 60 - is it restricted leg room due to the wall or is the leg room incresed compared to regular economy sests?
more “knee room” but limited leg strech space due to the bulkhead... would not recommend it, rather go for 76 A/K or the upper deck first row
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: LH FTL
best seats for family of 4

I will be flying on A380 to and from Delhi with my two kids (8 years and 5 years).

Can you please recommend which seats shall I use for daytime and night time flights ?

During daytime the kids would watch TV throughout the flight. During night time I would prefer seats which are more comfortable for sleeping.

I have Senator status and presently most of the seats (including exit rows) are open.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by oxymoron
I will be flying on A380 to and from Delhi with my two kids (8 years and 5 years).

Can you please recommend which seats shall I use for daytime and night time flights ?

During daytime the kids would watch TV throughout the flight. During night time I would prefer seats which are more comfortable for sleeping.

I have Senator status and presently most of the seats (including exit rows) are open.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:46 am

First row of the UD in the middle block if it is not marked as exit row due to the age of the kids....
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:23 pm

In the upper deck economy cabin (row 97 for example) is it possible to get out of the window seat without the passenger next to you having to get up? My only A380 experience is with Korean Air on the main deck.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by bearchaser303
In the upper deck economy cabin (row 97 for example) is it possible to get out of the window seat without the passenger next to you having to get up? My only A380 experience is with Korean Air on the main deck.
Now that I've taken the flight, I'll answer my own question. No, it's not possible to get out of the window seat without the aisle seat passenger having to get up. If I had to do it over again, I'd book the aisle seat. The guy next to me was a prick, and none too happy with being asked to let me out (even though I only did so one time on the ~8hour flight).
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by bearchaser303
Now that I've taken the flight, I'll answer my own question. No, it's not possible to get out of the window seat without the aisle seat passenger having to get up. If I had to do it over again, I'd book the aisle seat. The guy next to me was a prick, and none too happy with being asked to let me out (even though I only did so one time on the ~8hour flight).
If someone gets moody because they have to let people out of a seat once (or twice for that matter), on an 8 hour flight (or any flight), then they shouldn’t even be on a commercial air plane.... damn idiots !

I agree with bearchaser. Aisle is best for such a flight.
I flew this plane in eco two weeks ago, between iah and fra. I did online check in and chose the upper deck middle aisle seat. During boarding I waited until everyone had board. Then I got lucky and snatched a four middle seat row in lower deck. Slept all the way.
Right before landing I went upper deck and got my original seat for quicker de-boarding...

of course, half full plane is not usual

upper deck eco also has less space for cabin luggage, because of ceiling-curve of fuselage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.