Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Asiana Gold, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Well, on the seat map this seat is indicated with extra legroom, and I was initially booked with another seat. Having read good reviews about seats 76A/K, I went back on my booking and managed to book those and as I also read that LH was now charging extra legroom seats, I find it a bit strange that I was not charged !
Let's hope for the best then !
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by RTW1
... and it's a great seat, one where you should pay extra for if that was offered.
this is 76K, which is the right-side version of 76A...

The seat to the left is 75J, and in front of Row 75 is the aisle to the emergency door and a FA emergency (take-off/landing) station. You can stretch you legs and get up without disturbing anyone (as long as you are careful not to trip over feet of the folks in Row 75). Sometimes clueless people congregating in the aisle and next to the lavs (out of picture to right) can be annoying, but in general it is a good seat.

Last edited by N1003U; Feb 28, 2014 at 7:11 am
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
From what I can tell, the new booking engine still has some flaws.

While the website does allow you to reserve some chargeable exit row seats at apparently now charge, I would not expect this to stick.

Behind the scenes Amadeus, any seat Reservation that is chargeable is actually dealt with as such.

The chargeable seat (which can be reserved for a limited period of time to allow issuance of the EMD for the seat Charge) is indicated with a "/" before the SSR in Amadeus, while a seat that can be reserved free of charge does not carry the "/".

Code:
  1.FLYER/TALK MR                                                               
  2  LH 778 Y 10MAY 6 FRASIN HK1       1  2135 1555+1 388 E 0 M                 
     PLS INSERT PSGR CTC ALSO FOR RETURN FLIGHT                                 
     SEE RTSVC                                                                  
  3  LH 779 Y 15MAY 4 SINFRA HK1       2  2305 0540+1 388 E 0 M                 
     PLS INSERT PSGR CTC ALSO FOR RETURN FLIGHT                                 
     SEE RTSVC                                                                  
  4 /SSR RQST LH HK1 FRASIN/76KN,P1/S2   SEE RTSTR                              
  5 SSR RQST LH HK1 SINFRA/56AN,P1/S3   SEE RTSTR                               
  6 OPW-28FEB:1642/1C14/LH REQUIRES DOCUMENT ON OR BEFORE                       
         03MAR:1642/E4                                                          
  7 OPC-03MAR:1642/1C16/LH CANCELLATION DUE TO NO DOCUMENT/E4
As you can see from lines 6 + 7 in the PNR, there is a "hold" period of up to 3 days to issue the EMD required to make the chargeable seat stick. The entry in line 7 (which can only be removed by issuing the EMD) automatically cancels the seat reservation once the "hold" period is over.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:11 am

The number EmEx seats on my FRA-SIN flight went from having 5/6 available to 1/6 available over the past few days. Perhaps it's because the website is not correctly charging for the seats?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Asiana Gold, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
My seat booking has disappeared as of today, so I guess they have sorted things out ! Back to square one !
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
A380 Y Armrest Release?

Just flew for the first time on the 380 from IAH-FRA. Overall I found it to be quite pleasant except for the cattle call boarding procedure.

I had an A-side window as I typically like to lean against the window panel to sleep. On the 380 however the distance from the seat to the window is much greater than any other aircraft so my question is - is there some hidden release button somewhere that can be pressed to raise the window side armrest to allow for me to get closer to the window for better sleep? I have seen this on aisle side armrests on othe aircraft but despite my searching couldn't find it here.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AFAIK the aisle arm rests can be modified with the hidden button in order to allow PRMs better access. No need to do this on the window...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
AFAIK the aisle arm rests can be modified with the hidden button in order to allow PRMs better access. No need to do this on the window...
Last week I was in the A380 to JNB but could not find any mechanism a la A330 or A340 to lift the arm rest. There are various movable "things" on the internal part of the arm rest that connects to the seat but none worked (69G)

Your feedback greatly appreaciated
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

These are only on designated PRM seats, not on all seats.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:51 pm

Question IAH-FRA : A380 inflight power plug/usb & WiFi

Hi,
I am planning to fly the [Houston] IAH-FRA [Frankfurt] on Lufthansa A380 economy. Had a query about power plug/usb & wifi.

1. Does the A380 economy seat on this flight have a USB port or a power plug in - for your phones/laptops ? Website & seatguru say it has usb ports but when I called LH and asked - they said it had a power plug in but no USB .

2. Does this flight has Wifi ? Again Seatguru & website say it has no Wifi but LH customer service said they had Wifi on this flight ?

Can you please clarify / confirm ?

Thank you.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:40 am

First up, don't even go to seatguru, their info on LH aircraft is woefully inaccurate.

A380 have Flynet for internet connectivity, but not all aircraft are connecting properly. More here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...lh-flynet.html
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:57 am

Thanks for the info. So, LH agents have the most accurate info then ??
Also, does every economy seat on this A380 from IAH-FRA have a USB port or a power plug so that I can atleast use my ipad ?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deltheking
Also, does every economy seat on this A380 from IAH-FRA have a USB port or a power plug so that I can atleast use my ipad ?
Why would you even need to worry about that when your iPad is fully charged at the start? Even if you would be using it for the whole flight your battery wouldn't run out...
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Booked on FRA-JFK.
I have already chosen the seats, but which is better?
We are 4 people and I chose row 92.
Is there economy on the upper deck?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

This is pretty accurate: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Luf...irbus_A380.php
Not much difference in about all eco seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.