Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by Egor
Well, they are available to *G at OLCI, so little chance anythong left till airport. On the other hand I had no problem reserving exit row seats (including 76 A/K on FRA-JFK) on OLCI as *G
You were right. I was able to grab a seat in row 75 because 76 A and K were already taken. I had my *G card in reservation. These seats are going really fast. I checked in at T-23 and I almost missed a seat in row 75.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 1:40 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
As Silver status member, I was very early at JFK, Y-class check in desks were not open yet, an agent opened First class desk and waived me to come to the desk as I was waiting C desks to open. I asked window seat in front Y cabin of LH A380 and got 51K seat. He said, that front cabin are premium seats mainly for status members with slightly better legroom and is most quite cabin in Y. And it really was. Middle seat was blocked too for me and other better status member seating aisle seat. FYI.

Last edited by Abducted Alien; Sep 22, 2012 at 1:41 am Reason: good customer service, no one was at F desk yet
Old Sep 22, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by LeviFlight
I like the ambiance, seating and entertainment system of the A380. Things I did not like so much in Y:

1) longer queuing to board with a larger crowd
2) not being able to rest/sleep against the wall of the aircraft- there is a wider gap to the window seat.
3) no air vent. The air quality is good but if the flight is warm there is no option to get some cool air.

Overall I prefer to fly a 777.
LH tends to have their flights too warm - I wonder how UA keeps their temps, as I haven't flown them in a few years.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
As Silver status member, I was very early at JFK, Y-class check in desks were not open yet, an agent opened First class desk and waived me to come to the desk as I was waiting C desks to open. I asked window seat in front Y cabin of LH A380 and got 51K seat. He said, that front cabin are premium seats mainly for status members with slightly better legroom and is most quite cabin in Y. And it really was. Middle seat was blocked too for me and other better status member seating aisle seat. FYI.
I just got of LH A380 in IAH. I checked the plane personally and would comment that seats 53 D+G are good also because of position of bulkhead.
and this part of plane is quieter indeed.

To me the LH bulkheads have more space then the usual UA bulkheads.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
I just got of LH A380 in IAH. I checked the plane personally and would comment that seats 53 D+G are good also because of position of bulkhead.
and this part of plane is quieter indeed.
I agree. Those are good seats. Thus I wanted window seat to see those massive engines. Nose section in Y was so quiet that I could hear what songs a passenger seated in bulkhead row was hearing with his iPod during landing. Surprise was that the song was Rick Astley´s one. I hold my laugh
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
You got rickrolled in an A380, impressive
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Is 59C a good seat? It's the only seat I can grab in the first Economy cabin on my MIA-FRA flug as a *G. Otherwise I can grab 61C.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:47 am

Talking Economy seats on Lufthansa A380

Has anyone flown the Lufthansa A380? Was wondering what the economy seats are like, are they real close together. Trying to upgrade to business but no luck so far. If the seats are too close, may want to switch to a different airline.
Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:05 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
dim820, welcome to FlyerTalk. As your question is specific to LH's configuration, I'll move this to the appropriate (Lufthansa) forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by dlm820
Has anyone flown the Lufthansa A380? Was wondering what the economy seats are like, are they real close together. Trying to upgrade to business but no luck so far. If the seats are too close, may want to switch to a different airline.
Thanks
I flew in business to Beijing on the A380 a few weeks ago and was very surprised to see that they still had the old style business seat. I'd be very surprised if the seating in economy is any different on the A380 to their other planes.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:21 am

Moderator,
Thank you. I am new to this and I couldn't find the talks for Lufthansa.
Thanks again

Last edited by dlm820; Oct 4, 2012 at 9:22 am Reason: Add more information
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:50 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Also, for general research, you can review this information from SeatGuru:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Luf...irbus_A380.php
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:46 am

It actually isn't bad UNTIL the guy in front of you leans his seat back!!!! Then your nose is practically touching the front seat and I am a short s***t. There is absolutely no way you can eat if the guy infront doesn't feel like cooprating and puts his seat back upright.

The leg room is fine for me but then as I have already said I am short with 1,63m. I just don't know how anyone with claustrophobia gets on in those seats.

Trying to get up to goo to the loo is also an acrobatic act if the row in front has their seats fully reclined.

Some airline desingers need to be through their own obsticle eh punishment course every single day until they learn......

All that said - you have to bear in mind you are after all flying economy and in this flying age you had beetter start expecting the worst.

One thing it is an incredably quite aircraft I was very suprised just how good that was.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
There is actually a thread on this very topic.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...post-here.html
Old Oct 4, 2012, 4:22 pm

Row 88 questoin on Lufthansa's A380

Can anyone confirm that seats on row 88, economy, in Lufthansa's A380 have individual Video Screen for personal entertainment?

Seatguru says "tray tables are in the armrest" for this row, no mention of personal television. If there is no personal television I will absolutely avoid it.

I have picked a seat on Row 88 ( 88C ) because it is supposed to be better due to "extra legroom." I checked youtube and saw that for LH A380, at row 88, there is a wall in front with a TV mounted in the middle of the wall. I wonder if it is really a good seat when there is a wall in front of me with a TV I cannot control, and I cannot put my feet under the seat in front of me.

This is an upcoming 11 hrs TATL flight in economy so I really appreciate your feedback!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.