Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Muaroak
Can anyone confirm that seats on row 88, economy, in Lufthansa's A380 have individual Video Screen for personal entertainment?

Seatguru says "tray tables are in the armrest" for this row, no mention of personal television. If there is no personal television I will absolutely avoid it.

I have picked a seat on Row 88 ( 88C ) because it is supposed to be better due to "extra legroom." I checked youtube and saw that for LH A380, at row 88, there is a wall in front with a TV mounted in the middle of the wall. I wonder if it is really a good seat when there is a wall in front of me with a TV I cannot control, and I cannot put my feet under the seat in front of me.

This is an upcoming 11 hrs TATL flight in economy so I really appreciate your feedback!
Yes, all seats in Economy do have personal video screens. As Seatguru does describe it, you've to "pull it out", to watch it, just as you do with the tray table..
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by Muaroak
Can anyone confirm that seats on row 88, economy, in Lufthansa's A380 have individual Video Screen for personal entertainment?

Seatguru says "tray tables are in the armrest" for this row, no mention of personal television. If there is no personal television I will absolutely avoid it.

I have picked a seat on Row 88 ( 88C ) because it is supposed to be better due to "extra legroom." I checked youtube and saw that for LH A380, at row 88, there is a wall in front with a TV mounted in the middle of the wall. I wonder if it is really a good seat when there is a wall in front of me with a TV I cannot control, and I cannot put my feet under the seat in front of me.

This is an upcoming 11 hrs TATL flight in economy so I really appreciate your feedback!

Row 88 is a bassinet row, which means:

1. Good chance of crying, screaming babies; and

2. A higher than normal chance of having your seat reassigned .
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Row 88 is a bassinet row, which means:

1. Good chance of crying, screaming babies; and

2. A higher than normal chance of having your seat reassigned .

Ok. I changed my seat to 87A.

This seat backs up to the galley wall, can someone confirm that it declines as much as the normal economy seat?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:55 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Flown Fra-Sin on nov 1 at seat 50K (First row in economy; windowside).
Was disappointed about the distance between bulkhead and seat. I am 1.90 meter tall and could not strech my legs for one moment during the flight. The aisle seat at this row let you pass your legs beyond the bulkhead.

Return flight I reserved seat 76K. Hopefully this will be a better experience.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 2:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Only if you are taller than 3,5 meters you will have any problems stretching your legs in 76K. I'm in one tonight :-).
Old Nov 9, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
The A380 economy experience-post it here.

I was in 75B on 1 November....it was a good seat. However when I woke up I found several people standing in front of meet waiting for the lavatories to be free. Nobody stepped on my toes...but it did get a little annoying when a Chinese family decided to "camp" in front of me. Would love to have switched to either 76A or 76K. Must be some of the best seats back in the bus.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes, that's normally what happens. There's so much room that people use the space. And if you are traveling alone also what makes 76A/K even better.

Just got of the plane and was again lucky that the seatblocking also worked, almost completely full but both 76A/K had an empty seat next to them. Almost as good as C.... Although the food was crappy this time, I'm going to order a special meal again when I return.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Any thoughts on the middle section of seats in row 61?

How much better is the legroom? How bad is the noise from the galley? Does anyone know what order LH fills the bassinet seats (as there are 3 sets of them if i read the chart correctly)?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by Furnle
Regarding your first question, I've travelled in that row (50). It's a bulkhead with lots of legroom, little space in the bin, fixed armrests. I believe that the TV is in the armrests, but I didn't use it on that particular flight.

In any case, the armrests are fixed, so, not so good for what you pretend (but an excellent row if you are travelling alone)
Hi Furnle,

Thanks for your reply. So.. row 50: if we sit on the window and middle would it be easy to get in and out past the other passenger in the aisle seat?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: LH FT, IB
Hello, Maxmin

(your nick remembers me of MicroEconomics)

row 50 is quite ok to get out. It's not an exit row, but it shouldn't be hard to past the passenger in the aisle seat. Do not expect the same leg space as in a exit row =)

However, I can only talk for the right side of the plane, not the left one. I can assume it's similar, but no experience to prove it.

To me, the main difference was the air. Sometimes, when I go long-haul, my throat and nose got very dry. With the big wale, that did not happen. And the wings are impressive!

Hope you enjoy the flight!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by Furnle
Hello, Maxmin

(your nick remembers me of MicroEconomics)

row 50 is quite ok to get out. It's not an exit row, but it shouldn't be hard to past the passenger in the aisle seat. Do not expect the same leg space as in a exit row =)

However, I can only talk for the right side of the plane, not the left one. I can assume it's similar, but no experience to prove it.

To me, the main difference was the air. Sometimes, when I go long-haul, my throat and nose got very dry. With the big wale, that did not happen. And the wings are impressive!

Hope you enjoy the flight!
Thank you. I guess the main benefit is that no one can lean into you.. I did read that leg room (specifically foot room) is worse than a standard seat as you can not extend your feet into the space under the seat that would normally be in front.

Did you notice that problem? I'm a mere 5'9"!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: LH FT, IB
Well, we are all different, but I can tell you that leg room is ok, foot room so-so, but, as you said, nobody can lean into you.

The problem you talk about, I felt it in 744, when I had a bulkhead seat. Uncomfortable. A lot. I did not felt that in row 50 on the 380, but if you have longer legs, you can feel that you need more space. But, at least, you will not have to worry with those stupid boxes under the seat in front of you =)

However, if I remember, you are travelling with a kid, and for sure he will not have that kind of problems.

Anyway, on the return leg I was in row 58. Personally, I would favor row 50, but it's me. You can have a different opinion after you try =)
Old May 16, 2013, 4:50 pm

Anyone know if you can use standard headphones on the A380 (SFO-FRA), or do you need a plug adapter for full functionality? (I prefer to use my own earbuds.)
Old May 16, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Sproketz
Anyone know if you can use standard headphones on the A380 (SFO-FRA), or do you need a plug adapter for full functionality? (I prefer to use my own earbuds.)
you need an adaptor, the IFE system in Y uses two pin plugs.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Have 2 NRT flights coming up this month. The first on Tue. Does LH not allow star gold advance selection of premium seating. The will not allow selection lower than 56 in the front Y cabin, and claim the 76s can only be selected at the airport when u have no chance of getting them at flight time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.