Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Starting this summer LH will install a mini cabin with Y seats on the upper deck of the A380. Enjoy!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Starting this summer LH will install a mini cabin with Y seats on the upper deck of the A380. Enjoy!
Where row 1 and 2 is currently?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
And so goes the last private corner of that huge C cabin
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by gojko88
and say hello to one more exit row in Y, this time with a view
The config in question is F8C78E52M371, seat map is already available on LH.com.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:03 am

I disgust myself by saying this, but that window seat is actually worth paying 90€ for.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
I disgust myself by saying this, but that window seat is actually worth paying 90€ for.
now that I looked at it again, it appears that there is no window in the exit row 95 "window" seat.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Where row 1 and 2 is currently?
An optimization of service based on customer demand...

There was a private corner? Did I miss it, or is it just that the loads were thin back there...
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by N1003U
There was a private corner? Did I miss it, or is it just that the loads were thin back there...
Not when I flew in 26A - everyone and their dog got an op-up from Y+
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Hi,

Do any of you know if premium economy has been installed on any of the A380s yet?
Is there any page on flyertalk that shows LHs progress on installing premium economy across their fleet?
For instance, similar page to the one that shows progress on retrofitting C-seats...
When you look at what they sell and on which routes there are actual seats onboard, it gets confusing...
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Yes, here's positive reviews of the upper deck economy cabin. I just reserved 96H and K and the agent said these upper deck economy seats were the best on the aircraft. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic..._en_avion.html

Originally Posted by Dylanp
Hi All,

I recently booked a flight to Egypt this summer with Lufthansa.
We are flying from JFK to Frankfurt Germany for the first leg.
Which is on a A380-800 Plane (airbus).

The seats I picked at 97H and 97K for my girlfriend and I.
These seats are shown on the Lufthansa website as Upper deck.

Yet, when I did a Google search for the seat layout of a Airbus A380-800, these seats do not exist.
I called Lufthansa to double check that these seats are in fact on the upper deck and are legit. The person I spoke with was very nice, yet was just reading what I see on the Lufthansa website.
**See attached screenshot of the seats i reserved and paid for.

I realize that this could be a newer plane or a different configuration than what is found online by a Google search or the website SeatGuru.

If anyone can confirm these seats are legit that would be great.

First time flying on a plane of this size!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
Yes, here's positive reviews of the upper deck economy cabin. I just reserved 96H and K and the agent said these upper deck economy seats were the best on the aircraft. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic..._en_avion.html
AWESOME! I'm so glad that I obsessively checked and got 96A for my Beijing-Frankfurt leg.

gojko88: Is Lufthansa charging 90€ for this on some routes? I was able to reserve this seat for free.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerJT
AWESOME! I'm so glad that I obsessively checked and got 96A for my Beijing-Frankfurt leg.

gojko88: Is Lufthansa charging 90€ for this on some routes? I was able to reserve this seat for free.
Lufthansa is charging for ALL seats nowadays.

Free seat reservation is (for the moment) available for SEN/HON only (in Economy)
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:59 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Lufthansa is charging for ALL seats nowadays.
Not correct. No charge for Business and First passengers regardless of the status.

Free seat reservation is (for the moment) available for SEN/HON only (in Economy)
Also Economy passengers in booking classes Y B M U H X Q V can reserve non-exit row seats free of charge.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...3&l=en#ancAbT2

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Feb 21, 2015 at 4:16 pm Reason: changed link so it should work when not logged in
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Not correct. No charge for Business and First passengers regardless of the status.

Also Economy passengers in booking classes Y B M U H X Q V can reserve non-exit row seats free of charge.

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...3&l=en#ancAbT2
I was only talking about Economy (as stated) - as you've quoted my second part too "(in Economy)" you should have noticed that..

You're right about Non-Exit row seats being reservable for Non-SEN/HON free of charge in the expensive booking classes.. still, that's not MUCH of a good feature.. getting a aisle seat as a *G does still mean to pony up cash, unless you fancy paying LH as much money as other airlines charge for Business class..

Your link, by the way, isn't working unless you're having a LH account (or whatever they're calling it that day..)
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Your link, by the way, isn't working unless you're having a LH account (or whatever they're calling it that day..)
This should work.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...3&l=en#ancAbT2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.