Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2021, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I was trying to explain this...
I got you guys, thank you for your messages, just want to confirm that I succesfully upgraded my PE “E” fare to “I” for 30 000 miles.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:45 pm

One more question folks, is it also possible somehow (online or via call center, or at airport) upgrade to the first class from already upgraded to the "I" biz class with miles or cash if "O" available? any experiences about offers? (Mex-Fra)
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No double upgrades possible via M&M into O. You could check if you can do a myoffer bid.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Please help. Never booked with LH miles, gave up many times before when trying on my own
Need to find lowest taxes award from PHX-BOM, OW, any routing is ok. Have 65K miles. October 1/2/3/4 ok must reach Oct 5. PHX-BOM shows 50K + $290 on UA flights OW on some dates, which I thought $290 is excessive. I read that UA wont charge much taxes to MnM. Any suggestions/help appreciated.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
For M/M USD 290 in taxes/surcharges is not excessive for a ex US to India itinerary. The high taxes and surcharges charged by M/M often makes it unattractive to use miles for such flights in Economy.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Make sure to book UA flights that take you from the US to India directly ... pax on flights from Europe (even transit) are subject to quarantine in BOM:

BOM Arrivals from UK, ME, Europe, & S. Africa must go into institutional quarantine
Old Jun 20, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I've just encountered a very bizarre situation with M&M that I'd be grateful to get some input on. I have an open award ticket on LH (after it suffered a schedule change in late 2020) for which I paid some 102 EUR in taxes & fees. I tried to rebook it earlier today to a LO connection for which the M&M website quotes 62 EUR in taxes & fees in the same travel class. My understanding was that any difference in taxes & fees (if negative) would be refunded to the original payment method.

However, when I called in to rebook, two separate agents quoted me an additional payment of 35 EUR needed to complete the transaction, without any refund. When I outlined the above, they told me that the system just automatically recalculates taxes & fees, and that taxes & fees for rebookings don't necessarily have to match those of new bookings. Is there any truth in this? Because frankly I don't understand the logic.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 1:58 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by gojko88
I've just encountered a very bizarre situation with M&M that I'd be grateful to get some input on. I have an open award ticket on LH (after it suffered a schedule change in late 2020) for which I paid some 102 EUR in taxes & fees. I tried to rebook it earlier today to a LO connection for which the M&M website quotes 62 EUR in taxes & fees in the same travel class. My understanding was that any difference in taxes & fees (if negative) would be refunded to the original payment method.

However, when I called in to rebook, two separate agents quoted me an additional payment of 35 EUR needed to complete the transaction, without any refund. When I outlined the above, they told me that the system just automatically recalculates taxes & fees, and that taxes & fees for rebookings don't necessarily have to match those of new bookings. Is there any truth in this? Because frankly I don't understand the logic.
Why don't you try to get a refund on the old ticket and then purchase the new one with miles?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by gojko88

They are going by the 'computer says no' logic. You need to ask them to escalate it to the supervisor, who needs to authorize a manual ticketing.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Looking into booking an OW PMI-BER, and currently, the only option available has a 3-hour layover in FRA. If I book, and a new flight becomes available, would I be able to change my ticket for free?

And if anyone here is familiar with the subject, it seems my only lounge options at FRA are all in the non-Schengen area (AMEX platinum). Can I actually enter that area if I'm on an intra-Schengen itinerary just to visit the lounge?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:29 am

Yes, all awards booked till July 31 can be changed for free.
Deckter likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:26 am

Having trouble with what I thought would be a straightforward change. The route is PMI-BER, I am currently booked with LH via FRA, and I'm looking to change to a flight later in the day, via ZRH which is available on the M&M website (LX8249+LX962).

A couple of agents I spoke to both said they cannot see the flight, another one before that managed somehow to see it, but the call got disconnected before she could rebook me. Do agents not see the same flights that I see on the website, or is this some IT glitch, and that flight is actually not available?

Any advice is welcomed on how to get myself rebooked on that flight.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:42 am

LX8249 is a codeshare, the original flight number is WK249. I don't think M&M has award inventory on LX8xxx flights.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LX8249 is a codeshare, the original flight number is WK249. I don't think M&M has award inventory on LX8xxx flights.
So then, is the below a glitch and cannot actually be booked?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:45 am

WK operated LX8xxx flights have weird rules, so I would defer to others here...
Deckter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.