Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
If booked on the phone, these awards should cost:

12.500 miles in X
17.500 miles in I

If booked online, then they should cost:

12.000 in X
17.000 in I

(per the rules, only oneway awards booked online will be rounded down to 1.000 miles, but I have gotten the rounded down prices on the phone as well)

So, I don't know where the additional 4.500 came from. It should be either +5.000 or +5.500.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This is new to me. I booked Japan to Europe recently on the phone and paid 67,000 miles instead of the 67,500 I expected to pay.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Concerto
I misunderstood Asia, thinking for a moment that the whole of Asia was the Southeast Asia zone.
If you think geographical Asia (Ural Mountains to Mariana Trench) its split by M&M into 5 zones: Middle East, South Asia, Central Asia, SE Asia and East Asia.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:05 pm

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already!

I have an award flight booked in September for BHX-FRA-LAX and back in business - some friends of ours are in LAS near the end of our trip, so we'd like to meet them there. Is it possible to add a segment to the return from LAS-LAX (I'm not fussed if it's an award flight, or revenue I'd just like it ticketed all together)

I did call the service centre, and they said no - but I wasn't very confident that the person I spoke to was correct as they seemed very unsure of every answer they gave me!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Moonio; Apr 24, 2019 at 3:06 pm Reason: Updating routing
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you think geographical Asia (Ural Mountains to Mariana Trench) its split by M&M into 5 zones: Middle East, South Asia, Central Asia, SE Asia and East Asia.
I dumbly was thinking of the Pacific Rim part of Asia, down to Thailand and Singapore (and beyond) as I guess most people do. But you're so right, it's mind boggling when you think of the distance of the Urals to the East coast of the Philippines. Did you know that there is a rudimentary Asian Highway system too? For example, the AH6 runs from Minsk (although it technically begins at the Russian border) all the way to Busan in South Korea, doubling the E30 for much of the way through Russia. Not sure how it works transiting North Korea, not to mention China (Harbin). But this is way OT.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Moonio
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already!

I have an award flight booked in September for BHX-FRA-LAX and back in business - some friends of ours are in LAS near the end of our trip, so we'd like to meet them there. Is it possible to add a segment to the return from LAS-LAX (I'm not fussed if it's an award flight, or revenue I'd just like it ticketed all together)

I did call the service centre, and they said no - but I wasn't very confident that the person I spoke to was correct as they seemed very unsure of every answer they gave me!

Thanks in advance!
You can't change the origin or destination of an award ticket once ticketed. It's only possible to cancel the entire ticket, refund it and start fresh after paying the cancellation fee. Which would probably exceed the value of the lax-las ticket.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
... after paying the cancellation fee. Which would probably exceed the value of the lax-las ticket.
The real value is not how much it costs but being on the same PNR which will insure against missing a flight.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Any kind soul can help me with pointers on how to use 300K MnM to find 4 biz tickets one-way, either way North America (PHX) - MAA (Chennai)? I have expertlfyer but I am finding MnM too difficult.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:10 pm

You can't change the origin or destination of an award ticket once ticketed. It's only possible to cancel the entire ticket, refund it and start fresh after paying the cancellation fee. Which would probably exceed the value of the lax-las ticket.
Thanks both for the replies! On reflection, given the fact we can drive it in 4 hours I decided we'll do that, rather than faff on the phone to the senator line for goodness knows how long cancelling and rebooking, or booking a separate ticket and having to go through baggage claim etc at LAX and check in again, we'll just drive!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by FT-hss
Any kind soul can help me with pointers on how to use 300K MnM to find 4 biz tickets one-way, either way North America (PHX) - MAA (Chennai)? I have expertlfyer but I am finding MnM too difficult.
Call in. Be aware that if it touches Europe or east asia the level required is a 3 region award, which means 300k wont be enough for 4 pax.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:43 am

How flexible is M&M nowadays in term of routing and connections? Looking for AAA-XXX-BBB, stop, open jaw CCC-DDD, stop, DDD-EEE stop, EEE-XXX-AAA.
With B through E being in single region of course.
Six segments for multi-zone should be ok.
Two stops and the destination also should be ok.
Potential problem being BBB/CCC open jaw as it's en route to the final destination (DDD). Any experiences with such combinations?
Old May 1, 2019, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Lack
How flexible is M&M nowadays in term of routing and connections? Looking for AAA-XXX-BBB, stop, open jaw CCC-DDD, stop, DDD-EEE stop, EEE-XXX-AAA.
With B through E being in single region of course.
Six segments for multi-zone should be ok.
Two stops and the destination also should be ok.
Potential problem being BBB/CCC open jaw as it's en route to the final destination (DDD). Any experiences with such combinations?
You appear to have a surface segment between BBB and CCC which is not allowed enroute to your destination.

We would need actual airport codes to determine if the rest of the itinerary would work. You intended stopovers might actually become your points of turnaround. As per M&M rules, your point of turnaround is determined as follows: of all the airports where you stay for more than 24 hours, the one furthest from your starting point will be your point of turnaround. So you might run into the problem of having two stopovers on what M&M considers your inbound or outbound and / or too many legs on your inbound or outbound.

For example, you will not be allowed to fly JFK-WAW (stopover)-FRA-MUC (destination)-MAD-ZRH (stopover)-JFK. Although it might seem that you have 3+3 legs and a 1 stopover on your outbound + 1 stsopover on your inbound, M&M will see this as:

Outbound: JFK-WAW (destination)
Inbound: WAW-FRA-MUC (stopover)-MAD-ZRH (stopover)-JFK => too many segments and too many stopovers!

(see the distances in GCMapper for the above example: Link)
Old May 1, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
As stated above surface segment BBB-CCC en route is not allowed.

I once tried to book CPH-HKT/BKK-SGN (and inbound SGN-BKK-CPH - all TG flights) which was refused (or to be more precisely it was priced as CPH-HKT//SGN-CPH + BKK-SGN). I had to book outbound as CPH-HKT (stopover)-BKK-SGN and thus only allowing a stopover at HKT (or BKK).
Old May 1, 2019, 11:33 am

Thank you both for the information.

Managed to get EU-LAX >24h - SFO >24h -BOS >24h - EU, with the point of turnaround by distance being a bit below the first stopover.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:56 am

I am not sure what you mean by "the point of turnaround by distance being a bit below the first stopover", but I guess you were lucky if you got to stop for more than 24h in LAX, SFO and BOS (in this order) on a single M&M roundtrip award starting in Europe.

LAX should gave been your point of turnaround in this routing, since it is further from any airport in Europe than SFO. Thus, you should not have been allowed two stopovers in SFO and BOS on your inbound.

Europe-SFO (stop)-LAX (destination)-BOS (stop)-Europe would have been a valid routing per M&M award rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.