Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Note that domestic JP flights are priced rather cheap for foreigners, last year I found Okinawa-Tokyo flights for 60-80€/segment. The initially cheap looking domestic awards on M&M and BAEC quickly weren't so cheap.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
12k oneway in Y is not a "mileage bargain" in M&M terms, that is just the regular rate for a domestic award within in any country. You can fly from NYC to LAX for the same price as well (with only about $5 in taxes on top).

17k for a domestic oneway in C. One stop >24h is allowed as well.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That's amazing! You can go transcontinental in the USA for just 12,000 miles and five bucks tax? I have never looked at M&M domestic US awards, so that's interesting to know. Makes sense to just go in Business, although that wouldn't get you lounge access in the US. That much I know.

Change of subject, but referring to M&M award tickets: if I am on a 1st class ticket transiting FRA and connecting onto Thai Airways, would I be allowed access to the First Class Terminal? Or is the FCT reserved for LH passengers only, so even TG 1st pax don't get in?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: LO
Originally Posted by goliath
One stop >24h is allowed as well.
are you sure? Have you done it? Last month when I wanted to book a one way domestic flight on UA with 14h layover, I received an info from M&M team that max3h layover is possible on UA.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Change of subject, but referring to M&M award tickets: if I am on a 1st class ticket transiting FRA and connecting onto Thai Airways, would I be allowed access to the First Class Terminal? Or is the FCT reserved for LH passengers only, so even TG 1st pax don't get in?
FCT is for LH group metal period.
If your connection to TG F is in J or Y then it’s SEN lounge TG use or ACML.
Connecting from LH group F to TG F same day you can use a LH F lounge based on your arrival BP.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Call again, and ask them to change to the the MUC-EWR direct.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Call again, and ask them to change to the the MUC-EWR direct.
THanks. But we would like to be on teh same flight, and MUC to EWR was not an option for award tickets. Should they have issued my wife a business seat on BRU airlines or do you just get what you get when not on LH?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:44 am

SN operates DUS-EWR on behalf of Eurowings. The aircraft have a business section with proper business seats. If you have a business ticket you should get a business seat.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:53 am

SN operates DUS-EWR on behalf of Eurowings. The aircraft have a business section with proper business seats. If you have a business ticket you should get a business seat.
Thanks for the input. I emailed M&M and gave them the story. Hopefully, they will fix it easily. I dont have the patience to wait on the phone again. I'll update this thread when I hear back from them.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:21 am

Email won't work, you have to call in and explain the situation. You can also ask them to change your flight so both are the same.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:46 pm

Email won't work, you have to call in and explain the situation. You can also ask them to change your flight so both are the same.
Thanks, again...I called per your suggestion (or command). I updated my original post so it will be easier for others to follow...should they ever need to follow this or encounter somethign similar.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Maybe I can book TG First and later switch to LH First if it becomes available.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mario_s
are you sure? Have you done it? Last month when I wanted to book a one way domestic flight on UA with 14h layover, I received an info from M&M team that max3h layover is possible on UA.
I think the OP may mean stop <24hrs (under 24hrs) is permitted. YMMV.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Maybe I can book TG First and later switch to LH First if it becomes available.
LH F operates to BKK from October to March.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by chris63

LH F operates to BKK from October to March.
Hence only 10 days left as I presume it is not scheduled (yet) for WFP 19/20?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.