Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by huegli
I tried that, doesn't Change a Thing. I also couldn't find those First seats on the United Website...
Hmmm. Maybe clear your browser history or try another browser.

You won't see availability on UA or any other partners as LH doesn't typically release First Class award seats to partners until inside 14 days at the earliest.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Tried everything: different computer, Safari/Internet explorer/Chrome, deleting cache/cookies/browser history and i still don't see the flights that you're seeing...
Something is extremely fishy here...
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Tried everything: different computer, Safari/Internet explorer/Chrome, deleting cache/cookies/browser history and i still don't see the flights that you're seeing...
Wow, that's crazy.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Just call the FT line, you might need to do that more than once to find a competent agent but they can sometimes see inventory that’s not online anyway.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Wow, that's crazy.
Indeed but this is M & M we are discussing
SFO777 and The Wolf like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: Quite a few...
Wow - new UI and I can't find any award inventory for direct AV flights in South America. Was there a few days ago and still available on United. Hope they fix this problem soon.
Also searched for Copenhagen-Stockholm and I only get routings via FRA or MUC with LH. Same with BRU-CDG - everything gets routed through Germany.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
It's almost always better to call in. Somehow the inventory online is often quite different from what agents are able to see. Also, HUACA is very much recommended. Try Basel, try Frankfurt. Often completely different results.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Angry

When we changed the domicile from Switzerland to something else, all of a sudden we were able to see the First Awards... Not sure if this is a glitch or deliberate discrimination...
SFO777 and mmff like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When we changed the domicile from Switzerland to something else, all of a sudden we were able to see the First Awards... Not sure if this is a glitch or deliberate discrimination...
LH & M&M excel in glitches & having just made changes might be even more prone.

Since you asked the Lurkers let’s see their opinion.

Did you find what you were looking for though ?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Anyone has these award charts (old and new)? The links don’t seem to work anymore.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Until 8 May 2019:
https://www.miles-and-more.com/conte...lle_EN_ALT.pdf

From 9 May 2019:
https://www.miles-and-more.com/conte...N_NEU_0419.pdf
flyerby likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So what zone does China and Japan fit into? If it is Central Asia / Far East, then the award I am looking at should cost less than before. On the other hand, that can't be right, because a ticket starting in BKK (or SIN) would be starting in Southeast Asia, which is a different zone, and I am looking to fly to Japan from BKK (or SIN, not sure yet). It shows 70,000 for a round trip in the new table:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/conte...N_NEU_0419.pdf

So that would mean there is no change to the price of a one way award between Thailand/Singapore and Japan. But knowing the Beschiss that the new M&M website is, it is difficult to be sure.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
China and Japan are both in Central Asia / Far East. An award Central Asia / Far East to Southeast Asia is 70kin C today and will still be 70k in the new table. Why do you think "it should cost less than before"?

For the old (working) homepage, I could have sent you a link with all the countries and regions, but of course, on the new (not working) homepage I can't find it anymore. But there is still a list on VFT.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I misunderstood Asia, thinking for a moment that the whole of Asia was the Southeast Asia zone. That's what comes of being brought up in Hong Kong in the old days and have a Hong Kong centric vision of things. It was a bit surprise to me that Asia was divided into 2 zones and I had to change all my carefully researched plans for award tickets when the agent told me so. No harm done, you learn as you're going along, even with quite a bit of experience behind you. With the M&M program, it is a story of constant adaptation to their restrictions. But somehow we make it work and there are definitely a number of sweetspots in there.

But thank you for clarifying above that the award amount of 70,000 (or 35,000 one way) does not change within Asia overall. That means I don't have to rush and do it before 8th May.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I got 2 OW X class award tickets PVG-PEK. I ordered on the website for 12K miles each.
Then I decided to change to I class and talked over the phone with LH. They made the changes and I was expecting to add another 5K miles per ticket.
But to my surprise, I add only 4,500 miles for my ticket and 3,375 miles for my child’s >12y ticket.
Anyone understands why?

Last edited by flyerby; Apr 23, 2019 at 6:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.