Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It works fine if I start from the snaeppchen page: Miles & More Meilenschnäppchen - Zürich
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks for checking, but I tried that earlier this evening. I wasn’t able to reverse the city pair so that DME is the start point, the fields are greyed out. How did you manage it? Or maybe it’s because I’m doing everything on the iPad, being seriously on the road at the moment, and the iPad is becoming a serious nightmare to use (the Flyertalk site being a case in point, utterly awful on the iPad).
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
"The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once"

Has anyone come across this error message? The complete message is:

The following error occured:
- The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302)

While checking ExpertFlyer I've found a pair of seats nearer the front have become free on my flight. I tried to move my seat from 4A to 2A but after clicking 'Save' the seat went back to 4A. When I checked my passenger details and clicked 'Save' without making any change I got the above error message.

I saw the same message with my last award flight when I also could not change my seat online. I don't know if these two things are connected but I called M&M and an agent was able to change the seat. I mentioned about the error message and she said it was because I had entered a different M&M number (to try and get miles for my award flight! )

She assured me everything should be ok since I wouldn't receive any miles for the award flights anyway.

My return flight is a separate award booking and she told me it also had two M&M numbers. In that case the error message is somewhat misleading as well as incorrect. Since it's unlikely I'll want to change the seats for the return flights (apparently one of the seat reservations had disappeared) I shouldn't have to face the same problem.

Back to my booking to make sure that the seat has actually been changed and I noticed that passenger details show a Miles & More Service Card Number beginning with 9920! My FTL number started with 9922 and I have no idea what the number beginning with 9920 is!

I'm interested to know if anyone else has come across this problem.

P.S. It appears that I reported this same problem back in October. What follows below is new.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 22, 2018 at 3:52 pm
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

While I'm at it here's another.

Trying to enter APIS data and the system seems to expect that the destination is in the US. It is not! There is no postal code for the address and you can only choose a US state (or territory).

After adding data and saving it a message "Data is complete" appears as well as an error message:
"Mandatory information has not be filled yet for the destination address. (4729)"

I have a separate award for returning home from another country. What should I enter as "Destination address". Where I would be departing from or my home address? And I have the same problem of having to choose a state in the US.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
While I'm at it here's another.

Trying to enter APIS data and the system seems to expect that the destination is in the US. It is not! There is no postal code for the address and you can only choose a US state (or territory).

After adding data and saving it a message "Data is complete" appears as well as an error message:
"Mandatory information has not be filled yet for the destination address. (4729)"

I have a separate award for returning home from another country. What should I enter as "Destination address". Where I would be departing from or my home address? And I have the same problem of having to choose a state in the US.
I've had the exact same problem for the last year. On tickets to USA from Germany, I must enter the USA destination address. When leaving the USA to return Germany, I must enter the destination address again, but it only permits a USA address. I reported this error to LH internet support first time about 11 months ago.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
9920 ... should be M&M Basic member I think, I have a 9920 starting number and I hold no M&M elite status these days. Not sure it is the same number from back in the day when I signed up the first time.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:46 am

My FTL number started with 9922 and I have no idea what the number beginning with 9920 is!
The blue/FTL/SEN cards have different numbers which are all linked to your profile, you can use them interchangeably to credit miles, I wonder if being a SEN and putting the blue number would still pop up as SEN on the BP (probably not).
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
The blue/FTL/SEN cards have different numbers which are all linked to your profile, you can use them interchangeably to credit miles, I wonder if being a SEN and putting the blue number would still pop up as SEN on the BP (probably not).
Yes, I am aware that the blue/FTL/SEN/HON card numbers are interchangeable and all linked to the same account. I've even heard that some unscrupulous people changed the number in their award booking and managed to get miles credited for award flights.

But my question is why the number has changed in my booking. I logged in using my SEN card number to book these awards and have not tried to change the number. In any case the 9920 number (the same in both bookings) is something I don't recognise though it could have been my blue card number. Overnight the number in both bookings changed back to my SEN number after calling M&M.

What really annoys me is the inability to change seats without having to call M&M/LH which may or may not be related to the (card number) error message and the input form for the destination address which assumes you are travelling to the US.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 23, 2018 at 2:58 am Reason: clarification
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Has anyone come across this error message? The complete message is:

The following error occured:
- The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302)
Did you have a companion travelling with you? Had the same issue in October last year when trying to change the originally booked seats after equipment change. Had to call SEN hotline, who told me the system assigned my FFP# also to the companion, hence the "double entry". The agent removed the FFP# from my companions record and voila, error disappeared.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Did you have a companion travelling with you? Had the same issue in October last year when trying to change the originally booked seats after equipment change. Had to call SEN hotline, who told me the system assigned my FFP# also to the companion, hence the "double entry". The agent removed the FFP# from my companions record and voila, error disappeared.
No, I was/am travelling by myself. This happened to three recent awards - all booked online.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: Miles & More
Hello all.. Newbie here

I have about 200k miles and 2 evouchers (from my SEN) and am struggling to find the right way to make a booking. I am trying to see if I can travel in Business - 3 ppl (2 adults + 3yr old) from FRA - BLR - FRA. Travel dates are last week of June to 3rd week of july (dates are flexible)

I seem to have a couple of options but none straight forward. I can book an economy and upgrade , I can also try to book prem econ and upgrade but thats expensive. I dont have enough miles to book a flight award for 3 ppl as each is about 105,00 miles. Is there some place I can enter all this information and I can be suggested the cheapest possible option?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Zedd85
Hello all.. Newbie here
Hello Zedd85 and welcome to FT!
Is there some place I can enter all this information and I can be suggested the cheapest possible option?
I guess that place would be this thread

The problem with upgrading from PE to J with eVouchers is that you can only upgrade from expensive booking classes (G and E). Currently around those dates a return ticket in E is about 2000€, while a ticket in P (business class) is 1900€. The cost of the taxes for a J redemption is about 500€, so you're looking at about 3000€ for three people, plus 210k miles. If you have no rush of spending these miles, a R/T ticket in PE is less than 900€ right now, so you'd end up spending less cash and could keep your stash for another occasion.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: LH FTL
I think I already know the answer myself, but looking for a confirmation. M&M terms say, you can book a flight award 361 days before travel commences ("361 Tage vor Reiseantritt"). Speaking of 'commencing' ("Reiseantritt") I would assume this refers to the date of the outbound flight, while the date of the inbound can be later than 361 days. Looking for flights on M&M website, it shows only outbound and inbound within the next 361 days. As far as I know, available flights are loaded into the system around 360 (+/- few days) days ahead, so am I correct that I can book my trip only 361 days prior to the last leg of the itinerary? Or would M&M call center be able to book an outbound 360 days before travel and the inbound let's say 400 days before travel?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Flights only show up in the system 330-360 days before departure, so you have to wait...
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
Or would M&M call center be able to book an outbound 360 days before travel and the inbound let's say 400 days before travel?
No, they wouldn't. Also: ticket validity is one year from date of issue and "360 days before travel" only applies to LH. Some other airlines can only be booked closer in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.