Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus, Miles and More
Book first award without status

Is it true that you don't need any higher status in the M&M program to be able to book a first class award ticket with Lufthansa? From what I've read you needed that a few years ago but now any M&M member can book a first award ticket?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Granen
Is it true that you don't need any higher status in the M&M program to be able to book a first class award ticket with Lufthansa? From what I've read you needed that a few years ago but now any M&M member can book a first award ticket?
Yes, to book F on LH you don't need status. You need to be SEN/HON to book F on LX (apart from when they make mistakes and release availability to the general public).
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus, Miles and More
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Yes, to book F on LH you don't need status. You need to be SEN/HON to book F on LX (apart from when they make mistakes and release availability to the general public).
Great! Thanks for your answer!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Do they make mistakes and sometimes offer seats to non status pax? Most interesting, I did not know that. Presumably only on the M&M site.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
Do they make mistakes and sometimes offer seats to non status pax? Most interesting, I did not know that. Presumably only on the M&M site.
I believe that happened one time only. It was open to other *A partners as well.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goliath
I believe that happened one time only. It was open to other *A partners as well.
I just don't see the point of excluding all 1st redemptions to normal members. It's not as if there's millions of people trying to book LX 1st class tickets with miles. I just hope Lufty doesn't extend the ban to their flights.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:39 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by frudd38
Is the booking 2+ days before departure requirement a hard requirement? e.g. 10/4 booking for a flight on 10/6? I see that the site shows less than 2 days out as well.. TIA
This rule no longer exists except for awards on Eurowings.

Terms & Conditions - Miles & More flight awards

2.2 Advance booking period and ticket validity
Your flight award can be booked up to 361 days before the departure date required. Flight awards are valid for up to twelve months from the date of issue.

Your flight award can be booked and issued up to two hours before departure (Exception: with Eurowings up to two days before departure).
When you search for an award for today, for example, the award availability display defaults to 2/3 days out with the error message "The Calendar dates had to be shifted so that each day stays within the site travel limits. (7127 - 10031)" but if you click the left arrow next to the earliest date you can actually see awards for today.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
This rule no longer exists except for awards on Eurowings.

When you search for an award for today, for example, the award availability display defaults to 2/3 days out with the error message "The Calendar dates had to be shifted so that each day stays within the site travel limits. (7127 - 10031)" but if you click the left arrow next to the earliest date you can actually see awards for today.
Thanks! I did notice I can just shift the days back, but didn't realize the rule is outdated.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:55 am

Not really about booking as much as canceling. Pardon the rant.

Why o why do we need to call to cancel an award? Even TK manages to do it online, and just like LH, TK collects a separate cancellation fee and refunds all the taxes. It took me 2 minutes on TK, while I had to spend 10 minutes on the phone with LH.

Rant over.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:28 am

I had to spend 10 minutes on the phone with LH.
Did you have to wait on hold? Usually, my conversations go like this:

"Hello, I would like to cancel my award booking with confirmation number ABC123"

"I have found the reservation. The cancellation fee will be EUR xx. Can I have you credit card details, please?"

"Card no. / expiration date / security code"

"Thank you, your miles will be credited back to your account and all taxes & fees will be credited back to the card you initially used for this booking within x days. Is there anything I can help you with today?"

"That was it, thank you. Have a nice day."

"Thank you, you too. Goodbye".

2...3 mins.

I'd rather see the option to book all *A awards online before they implement online cancellations.

Speaking of which - this was apparently announced today. ^ I just don't see it working yet.

Edited to add:

Quote from VFT:

Flight awards for additional airlines are now bookable online via the Miles & More website

Previously, booking flight awards for many airlines was only possible via the local Miles & More Team. To make flight award bookings simpler, the offer of flight awards available online is being gradually expanded to include additional airlines. As of now, you can also book flight awards directly via the local Miles & More website for the following airlines:

United Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Air China, Air Canada, Shenzen Airlines, Aegean Airlines, EVA Air, Asiana Airlines

By the end of 2017, flight awards for all Star Alliance partner airlines will be bookable online.
(I haven't found the news online myself)

Last edited by goliath; Oct 11, 2017 at 1:44 am
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is seriously good news if that is the case, because it's going to save a load of time fiddling around with the ANA tool and calling up. Incidentally, I haven't used the ANA tool for a while, at least a year now.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:01 pm

....this was apparently announced today. ^ I just don't see it working yet.

Edited to add:

Quote from VFT:

(I haven't found the news online myself)
Originally Posted by Concerto
That is seriously good news if that is the case, because it's going to save a load of time fiddling around with the ANA tool and calling up. Incidentally, I haven't used the ANA tool for a while, at least a year now.
HUGE! No more arguing I see it online you don't. Truly great news.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:01 pm

I'd rather see the option to book all *A awards online before they implement online cancellations.

Speaking of which - this was apparently announced today. ^ I just don't see it working yet.
Same for me. In fact the whole M&M website seems to be down. Maybe they're doing maintenance.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's always down. There was a time when it, like the internet, functioned pretty much without problems and bugs. Now it is a major pain to use.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:07 pm

Today's update on the M&M website regarding *A partner bookings online:

19/10/2017

Flight awards for additional airlines are now bookable online via the Miles & More website

Previously, booking flight awards for many airlines was only possible via the local Miles & More Team. To make flight award bookings simpler, the offer of flight awards available online is being gradually expanded to include additional airlines. As of now, you can also book flight awards directly via the Miles & More website for the following airlines:

Aegean Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, All Nippon Airways, EVA Air

Further flight awards for Star Alliance partners will be bookable online by the end of 2017.
And this time it actually works - here's an example of an AC flight:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.