Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I thought the rule was one stopover in each direction of travel.
Thinking isn't really helpful.... just read the membership guide on what's allowed :-).
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
For a while now I've been looking into using my miles for a C award on WAW-FRA-EZE route. I've been reading couple of threads + M&M site but I'm still left with couple of unanswered questions:
1. Is there any difference in availability between what phone agents can see (and offer) and what does the M&M site displays?
2. When do airlines (especially LH) add award seat availability (I know that this might be a tricky question but from what I've been able to find so far - LH adds mileage bargains at the beginning of every month and these usually are for travel within the following month, also I've read somewhere that LH gives some availability to partners 14 days before departure) - are there any other observations like this?
3. What would be the recommended strategy if I want to book a ticket on the route mentioned above, sometime in the November-January period (including X-mas if necessary)? Right now it seems that there is virtually no availability at all. :/
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Cello
1. Is there any difference in availability between what phone agents can see (and offer) and what does the M&M site displays?
Yes, at the website you cannot look up availability on *A partners.

Originally Posted by Cello
2. When do airlines (especially LH) add award seat availability (I know that this might be a tricky question but from what I've been able to find so far - LH adds mileage bargains at the beginning of every month and these usually are for travel within the following month, also I've read somewhere that LH gives some availability to partners 14 days before departure) - are there any other observations like this?
There is no exact answer to this, at least not one that can be useful to you. Award space is released according to expectations of cabin occupancy on the flight. Usually, some seats are made available months in advance (300+ days) and some more before the flight (14, 7, or even closer to take off).

If you plan to book many awards, your best strategy is probably to subscribe to EF and receive alerts as soon as airlines release award space on the flights you want to take.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by RTW1
Thinking isn't really helpful.... just read the membership guide on what's allowed :-).
yes.. I misread it. One blogger also mentioned two stopovers, one in each direction of travel for a RT award.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...ansa-stopover/
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was a bit too quick with that.... there's nothing about this in the T&C's. And I'm so used to some of the other programs that one stopover sounded logical. But for M&M that's different, depending on the regions the award covers.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmff
If you plan to book many awards, your best strategy is probably to subscribe to EF and receive alerts as soon as airlines release award space on the flights you want to take.
Sadly, EF award search and alerts for most *A airlines (all those that they used UA to search for) have been eliminated in November last year, so don't expect too much from EF anymore in this regard.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by volta
LH has availability, but don't have enough miles in account, so calling the SEN desk to use overdraft.
I had no idea that you could use overdraft as SEN/HON. What is the limit?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Who can receive a mileage advance?

Senators and HON Circle Members may overdraw their Miles & More account temporarily:
- Senators can receive an advance of up to 50,000 miles.
- HON Circle Members can receive an advance of up to 100,000 miles.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had no idea that you could use overdraft as SEN/HON. What is the limit?
Yes it is a great benefit. Be aware though of one caveat- you must pay back the overdraft before your status changes as otherwise you will be sent a bill for the mileage and it is quiet expensive apparently. So if you are HON and are dropping to SEN or if you are SEN and dropping to FTL do not be in a position where your mileage balance is negative at the time of the drop or expect an invoice for collection which could be an expensive surprise.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:31 am

Who can receive a mileage advance?

Senators and HON Circle Members may overdraw their Miles & More account temporarily:
- Senators can receive an advance of up to 50,000 miles.
- HON Circle Members can receive an advance of up to 100,000 miles.
Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Yes it is a great benefit. Be aware though of one caveat- you must pay back the overdraft before your status changes as otherwise you will be sent a bill for the mileage and it is quiet expensive apparently. So if you are HON and are dropping to SEN or if you are SEN and dropping to FTL do not be in a position where your mileage balance is negative at the time of the drop or expect an invoice for collection which could be an expensive surprise.
What are the actual charges? Unless they are completely outrageous, this may mean that SEN/HON can still buy miles.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are the actual charges? Unless they are completely outrageous, this may mean that SEN/HON can still buy miles.
I do believe the charges were quite high- if you dig back in Flyertalk you can probably find someone on this forum who got hit with the charges and was surprised how high they were.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:10 pm

Complete newbie here.

How do I actually find award availability for Lufthansa Miles & More please?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Did you think of starting on the M&M website?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:39 pm

Did you think of starting on the M&M website?
I did

Are there other ways?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You need to be a bit more specific what you are looking for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.