Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Well, I did manage to find a very competent agent who helped me the other day to make a really interesting miles redemption. So there still are some good staff about. I'll write about that in the Business and First Class redemptions thread if I don't forget.. scarily busy at the moment (in music there comes a moment when, if you're doing too much, you just don't play well enough any more and you can't give it all your energy).
Yes, there are some fantastic agents who seem to genuinely want to help & are really interested in the most complex routings, of course there are others at the other end of the spectrum....
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, I had about seven of those before I found a decent and competent one.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
Yes, I had about seven of those before I found a decent and competent one.
Wowzers , do dish the dirt when you have a moment
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think it's probably a thankless task, dealing with often disgruntled frequent flyers on the phone. I really did a lot of research for my last redemption and on some routes there was absolutely no miles tickets available in any class. Some countries and regions had nothing whatsoever. I'm sure people get fed up with the lack of availability, along with the ridiculous surcharges. So I think a lot of agents just can't be bothered, just preferring to hang up at the sign of even a slightly complex request, just to avoid conflict if nothing else. I had three agents who somehow got cut off from me. Another one gave me the impression she was just doing nothing, just keeping the line open to let the time pass (and the phone bill mount up). Another one was nyet, nyet, nyet, as the Russians would say, one way tickets were not possible, business class is not possible, you name it. No worries, you just have to keep trying, you need to be hartknäckig, as the Germans would say. It's a bit like the water off a duck's back, you've just got to keep going, you'll get somebody good in the end.

I was looking for 3 seats in Business and I want to feed back that I often saw those 3 seats and the agent couldn't. Then sometimes the agent could see availability and I couldn't. In one case, I could see availability on myAustrian into Vienna and on to Düsseldorf. But when I looked for flights only to Vienna there was no availability, married segments issues, probably. So it's a bit of a lottery getting seats for complex itineraries. I have to say, I managed it though: it's not easy to get 3 seats in the Business cabin and I managed it. I will post about it over in the Business class miles tickets thread.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
Another head scratcher your way @:-)

I'm considering an alternative routing TYO-CDG (SQ currently) week after and I'd like your opinion.

TG NRT-BKK-CDG (J/J) both A380 priced at ~€1,900
First is open on both sectors and I have miles/evouchers to burn.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bowzer91
Another head scratcher your way @:-)
I'm considering an alternative routing TYO-CDG (SQ currently) week after and I'd like your opinion.
TG NRT-BKK-CDG (J/J) both A380 priced at ~€1,900
First is open on both sectors and I have miles/evouchers to burn.
F>J. I think you answered your own question.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
F>J. I think you answered your own question.
Fair, agreed .

Either way, I managed to get HND-FRA-CDG in NH F on miles and I am satisfied with this choice
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
F from ZRH

Maybe I'm doing something completely wrong, but I have been searching for 2 F seats from ZRH to ANYWHERE in the first week of November 2019. Absolutely nothing. Can this really be, or have they not yet added the seats to the inventory, or am I doing something wrong ?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by huegli
Maybe I'm doing something completely wrong, but I have been searching for 2 F seats from ZRH to ANYWHERE in the first week of November 2019. Absolutely nothing. Can this really be, or have they not yet added the seats to the inventory, or am I doing something wrong ?
F seats on LX are for SEN & HON only & you have to call in.

On LH 2 seats is not an easy find, BOG is one of the best usually
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:14 am

I knew about LX, but was surprised to find absolutely nothing on LH (not even to Bogota, and who wants to go there anyway....) or any other of the Airlines which can be booked on the M&M website. I had quite some luck in the past, but I guess that has changed.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I knew about LX, but was surprised to find absolutely nothing on LH (not even to Bogota, and who wants to go there anyway....) or any other of the Airlines which can be booked on the M&M website. I had quite some luck in the past, but I guess that has changed.
Not sure how you are searching, but I have no status and see two FRA-BOG seats 5 of 7 days in the first week of November. Lots of connection options when I try ZRH-BOG as well.

chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tokyo as well...

Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:12 am

I thought there must be something wrong: the M&M Website only Shows me Economy and Business availability, but no First !
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought there must be something wrong: the M&M Website only Shows me Economy and Business availability, but no First !
One of the stupid quirks is that every time you Modify Search, First disappears. You have to reset the Class field by clicking on another class and then clicking back to First. Then First will appear. LH IT at its finest.

Last edited by SFO777; Apr 10, 2019 at 10:27 am
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:29 am

I tried that, doesn't Change a Thing. I also couldn't find those First seats on the United Website...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.