Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

BOM Arrivals from UK, ME, Europe, & S. Africa must go into institutional quarantine

BOM Arrivals from UK, ME, Europe, & S. Africa must go into institutional quarantine

Old Feb 11, 21, 6:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN

While preparing for my India trip next month I just noticed that all arrivals from 'Middle East, UK, South Africa and Europe' have now to go into institutional quarantine:

All passengers arriving from UK, Middle East, South Africa and Europe have to undergo a mandatory Institutional quarantine for 7 days in Mumbai at their own cost. Travellers will be kept under institutional quarantine and the RT PCR will be conducted on the 7th day from arrival at their own cost. If the report is found negative, passengers would be allowed to carry onward with 7 days of home quarantine. A home quarantine stamp will be put and an undertaking will be taken from travellers. Travellers found positive will be shifted to designated covid 19 hospitals for further evaluation and treatment.

International passengers arriving from Europe, Middle-East, South Africa and the UK, are allowed exemptions under certain categories.
https://csmia.aero/government-update.aspx

I'm arriving from Germany and continuing to CCU 4hours later. The CSIA website is vague on domestic transfer... anyone have any info?
Old Feb 11, 21, 9:08 am

Transit passenger guidelines are in this document. Basically you will be exempt if you have a negative RT-PCR test result from T-72 hrs of boarding.
Old Feb 11, 21, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! That is the exact document I needed!
superboi likes this.
Old Feb 11, 21, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Thank you! That is the exact document I needed!
Quick question about the self-reporting form. I travel to Mumbai on 3/3 and I have filled out the self-reporting form. Is that OK to do? Only asking as they say fill out the form atleast 72 hours prior to travel (which I am). I will only fill out the exemption form within 72 hours of actual travel. Do they provide separate "approvals" from self-reporting and exemption form? Or is the approval only for the exemption form?
Old Feb 11, 21, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know if this institutional quarantine requirement applies to those transiting the UK en route to BOM?
Old Feb 12, 21, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by superchocobear View Post
Does anyone know if this institutional quarantine requirement applies to those transiting the UK en route to BOM?
in all probability it will however i don't think you will find a definitive answer to your question from the circulars....
Old Feb 12, 21, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123 View Post
Quick question about the self-reporting form. I travel to Mumbai on 3/3 and I have filled out the self-reporting form. Is that OK to do? Only asking as they say fill out the form atleast 72 hours prior to travel (which I am). I will only fill out the exemption form within 72 hours of actual travel. Do they provide separate "approvals" from self-reporting and exemption form? Or is the approval only for the exemption form?
The first form is just to provide them with your details. This form will not be acted upon, you just get an email that the data was received. Upon arrival you have to hand in a copy in some airports (WB health department officials in CCU asked for it), AI handed out a paper version of the form in flight which everyone also filled out

The second form is to get clearance from the local/state health authorities in advance that you tested negative and don't have to do the dreaded institutional quarantine. Some states like Delhi NCR do an almost instant approval and you show a print out of the approval to get thru the arrival screening process faster. In CCU the WB auhorities had my approval in their computer screen, but I never got an email about the approval.

The second part is not required per se, if you have not done it you have to expect a hold up on arrival as they examine your negative test and decide whether to let you in or ask you to do another covid test on arrival.
Old Feb 12, 21, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
in all probability it will however i don't think you will find a definitive answer to your question from the circulars....
thanks!
Old Feb 25, 21, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shukar View Post
Flew ATL-JFK-AMS-BOM three weeks ago and BOM-AMS-ATL yesterday, I am a US citizen with an OCI card. Here are some points of interest,

On check-in at ATL for ATL-JFK leg, they checked my OCI and negative PCR Covid test result.
Upon landing in JFK, I was told that to fly thru AMS I need a rapid antibody Covid test (conveniently available next door to the gate for US $200). DL or KLM did not inform me of any such requirements in advance..
At AMS before boarding for BOM,, there was a local (Netherlands) Indian embassy web page that I had to go to and sign some attestation form - again no prior disclosure of any such things. I was also given some printed forms to fill out that I would need in BOM.

Upon landing at BOM, I was told that there was a mandatory one week institutional (i.e. hotel) quarantine despite negative PCR Covid test. Only way to avoid the quarantine was to leave the airport by another flight. So I booked BOM-HYD-STV flight on the spot - despite my car waiting outside the BOM airport to drive me to Surat (STV). Another Rs. 9000 ($120) unexpected cost and eight hours delay to reach my final destination.
Interesting TR from the other thread in the IbA forum. Indicates that you are allowed to transit to domestic even with a ticket bought after arrival. AI just cancelled my 6am flight and has no nonstop flights that day. Alternatives are:

The other 'nonstop' options are:

The I5 'nonstop' seems to be via HYD.

This will be a curious adventure... either via LKO or a mad rush to get to the SG flight.
Old Feb 26, 21, 2:57 am

Interesting TR from the other thread in the IbA forum. Indicates that you are allowed to transit to domestic even with a ticket bought after arrival. AI just cancelled my 6am flight and has no nonstop flights that day. Alternatives are:

The other 'nonstop' options are:

The I5 'nonstop' seems to be via HYD.

This will be a curious adventure... either via LKO or a mad rush to get to the SG flight.
Won't you have to change terminals for SG? OTOH the AI is so much longer! Are they not offering you a rebooking?
Old Feb 26, 21, 5:31 am
Original Poster

AI is offering a rebooking, but not operating any flights on the BOM-CCU route that day. So the option right now is to fly via DEL or LKO.
Old Feb 26, 21, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superboi View Post
Won't you have to change terminals for SG? OTOH the AI is so much longer! Are they not offering you a rebooking?
All LoCos seem to be using T2 right now...
Old Feb 28, 21, 11:05 pm

All LoCos seem to be using T2 right now...
T1 is reopening from March 10th - https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/...w/81232544.cms
Old Mar 1, 21, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Yes I saw that, SG stays in T2 for now. In any case, there is no nonstop flight to CCU from BOM because the WB govt only allows flights from MH on Mon, Wed and Friday due to Covid19.
Old Mar 7, 21, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Interesting talk with AI today, they can't sell BOM-CCU tickets via LKO/DEL because the WB govt doesn't want to have people from MH fly in. Luckily for me 6E still has flights leaving from T2 which connect in GAU/LKO/DEL/BLR which give me a few options.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: