Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

'Baggage Excellence' Campaign: carry on rules check/enforcement [feedback]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Baggage Excellence' Campaign: carry on rules check/enforcement [feedback]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:41 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
But they must have *A priority tags attached.
Yes, but a few times my priority bags came out ahead of HONs! (First onto the carousel at FRA and other places...)
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yes, but a few times my priority bags came out ahead of HONs! (First onto the carousel at FRA and other places...)
So what's the secret?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
So what's the secret?
Luck or last-minute CI, I guess...
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:45 am

Programs: LH HON
That's because baggage handlers knew you were only SEN.
Sounds reasonable
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:03 am

multi-carrier itinerary

One quick question regarding enforcement of carry-on luggage limits on multi-carrier itineraries. Booked an intra-European LH flight followed by a transatlantic AC flight (main segment). The AC carry-on rules (Y) are more generous than what Lufthansa allows, in weight, size and pieces of luggage. Will I have to comply with LH rules or will AC rules (Most Significant Carrier) trump LH restrictions?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:33 pm

For hand luggage long before NEK I saw passengers connecting from US flights denied boarding at FRA on intra-Europe connections with their oversize, American dimension bags unless they gate checked them.

I expect that with NEK it will be similar, but more common, to see gate checking of hand luggage from connecting long haul flights.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by MTGriz
One quick question regarding enforcement of carry-on luggage limits on multi-carrier itineraries. Booked an intra-European LH flight followed by a transatlantic AC flight (main segment). The AC carry-on rules (Y) are more generous than what Lufthansa allows, in weight, size and pieces of luggage. Will I have to comply with LH rules or will AC rules (Most Significant Carrier) trump LH restrictions?
I fear the LH rules may apply. The baggage police were out in force at VIE yesterday (but it was a compeletely full flight) and a couple of passengers were connecting to Mapleflot at London. However, they did have two carry ons each and a shared backpack and two laptop bags and handbags as big as my laptop bag.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Just another reason to avoid LH/OS completely. I've never flown with a more dickish airline ever than OS. Trying to check into a flight on OS at Kiev was a nightmare. Got me an old woman who clearly remembered the Soviet days, implementing Austrian rules.

Worst of all possible combinations.

YOU WILL COMPLY WITH OUR ARBITRARY AND MEANINGLESS RULES EVEN IF THEY DO NOT APPLY TO YOU
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: LH M
Originally Posted by tyberius
Just another reason to avoid LH/OS completely. I've never flown with a more dickish airline ever than OS. Trying to check into a flight on OS at Kiev was a nightmare. Got me an old woman who clearly remembered the Soviet days, implementing Austrian rules.
Every second gate agent at american airports is much like that. So why complain?! Next time comply with rules stated in your terms and conditions.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by LHPII
Every second gate agent at american airports is much like that. So why complain?! Next time comply with rules stated in your terms and conditions.
At least this poster is consistent: this comment has all the credibility of the poster's original claims about the NEK.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:35 am

regardles of cabin class or carrier...

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Mine have consistently coming out first...even without HON tags!
...mine tend to come out without tags which where in place at checkin !
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:14 am

http://www.brookstone.com/Dash-21-Ro...597468p&catId=

Will this comply with their rules?

It is 40.6 cm Wide X 26.67 cm Deep X 53.3 cm Tall.

So it is .6 cm over in width, and 6.67 cm over in depth.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:28 am

Frankly, I wouldn't risk anything which even appears to be over. My Travelite Delite which is one of the lightest carry on in the world still gets hard looks from the carry on checkers. Yesterday it was definitely too heavy and bulging, and I was frankly fully expecting to give it up even though it still fit the size requirements.

Luckily I managed to escape the eye of the checker as they were more interested in people with larger bags.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by exbayern
Frankly, I wouldn't risk anything which even appears to be over. My Travelite Delite which is one of the lightest carry on in the world still gets hard looks from the carry on checkers. Yesterday it was definitely too heavy and bulging, and I was frankly fully expecting to give it up even though it still fit the size requirements.

Luckily I managed to escape the eye of the checker as they were more interested in people with larger bags.
Wow, that strict. Eek.

Anyone have experience with baggage handling at KIX? I'm planning on going to Universal Studios Japan that day and don't want to waste any time, but I mean I don't think it is really worth spending money on new small bags.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by loganleelamson
Wow, that strict. Eek.
My other bag is either a Longchamp tote or a Longchamp flight bag. I cannot get any lighter with my combination of Travelite Delite and Longchamp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.