Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FIRST on the 747 going from 16 to 8 from April 20th 2011?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by SunLover
So no F window seats on the new LH B74P? Not good for those who like to look out the window in flight. I would have preferred a single convertable pod seat next to the window (ala TG and OZ) to this set up; although the new ANA First Square F seat has it, and only allows for only one window...

http://www.ana.co.jp/int/svc/w_en/seat/index_f.html

SunLover
Ok here we go let's start complaining about a concept seat that has not even rolled out...at the end end you cAn not pls everyone....the seat is too old ...there is not enough privacy...it'll never end
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Platinum, AA, AS, DL, NH, QF, QR, UA, USAF
Any updates on the refurbished/new first class seat in the B744 since new years?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by AZ Boomer
Any updates on the refurbished/new first class seat in the B744 since new years?
How about reading this thread first ?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:14 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Rambuster
How about reading this thread first?
In fairness, post 103 above makes it clear that Boomer did just that and more.

That said, I'm sure people will post updates here as soon as they can, without any of us needing to ask.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
A small piece of info for people going in the summer 2011 to BKK;

Have upgraded via MM Belgium line, my 1 jul 2011 LH 782 FRA-BKK from business (Z) to first (O).
Upgrade was directly confirmed and online seat selection showed the altered config of the 747 first class cabin with the 8 aisle seats open for selection and the window grey-unselectable.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by AZ Boomer
Originally Posted by LHPII
......according to new products phase-in chart I have 10 744's should start receiving a new First cabin as of April 2011, so at the beginning you can expect nothing more then a blocked window seat. All 10 aircraft are to receive the new F class by/through the winter 2011/2012. Aircraft will be done also during dummer months.
Originally Posted by IMH
In fairness, post 103 above makes it clear that Boomer did just that and more.

That said, I'm sure people will post updates here as soon as they can, without any of us needing to ask.
That's true, but the thread clearly states that the 747 will go from 16 to 8 end of April and that the re-fitting will mainly be done in the winter of 2011/2012, with the odd aircraft being refitted in the summer.

...we are now in the middle of January ...
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

For me too, I managed to grab a award ticket in First to BKK [LX] continuing on to KUL with [LH] and during seat selection, I noticed that the upperdeck had only 8 seats and not the normal 2-2 seating.

I do really hope that it is not only a online visual change but a reality one :>

Cheers!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:50 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HadesNL
online seat selection showed the altered config of the 747 first class cabin
Originally Posted by nldogbert
me too, [...] I noticed that the upperdeck had only 8 seats
Nothing new or surprising there. Rambuster's polite suggestion is most apt here: reading through this thread will explain all.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Hello all - I have a somewhat strange question that is made relevant due to the new 744 conversions....

I am a UA 1K and have never flown LH before but redeemed a bunch of miles to take my family to Europe this summer. We are going from DEN-FRA in late May on LH447 which is currently scheduled to be a 744.

After reading this thread I realize now why F availability is suddenly so limited as I was only able to book 2 F awards and 1 C. Right now the wife is in 81C and son is 81H. I am in the Capt. Kirk chair downstairs - 4D.

I am hoping that LH will open up some more F award inventory before departure (still F4 at the moment) but if that doesn't happen, I am curious to know if I will be permitted to go upstairs once or twice to visit during the flight or if standard protocol strictly prohibits that.

Secondly (and the reason why this is relevant to this thread), since it is highly unlikely that this plane will have the new F seats by then, I am wondering if I might be allowed to "hang out" in the now blocked window seat next to my wife for some of the flight since we now know that those seats will be unoccupied.

I certainly wouldn't expect F service or amenities in this case- I'm just curious to know if the FAs are typically very strict about staying in your ticketed cabin or if there might be some liberty depending on the flight crew and given the situation where we know that the seat next to my wife will be vacant.

As I said, I've never flown LH before but I hear stories that crew are typically very strict about the rules. On UA at least, the FAs will usually permit you to visit with companions among the cabins as long as you're not being a nuisance.

Otherwise, I am really looking forward to our first International F/C experience on LH.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:33 am

Not to be unfriendly but i hope the FAs will not allow visitors to the F cabin (and they normally don't). Nothing worse than having people walking thru the upstairs aisle and make noise when you try to sleep.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Not to be unfriendly but i hope the FAs will not allow visitors to the F cabin (and they normally don't). Nothing worse than having people walking thru the upstairs aisle and make noise when you try to sleep.
It is actually a difference between visitors and family members.

We had it a couple times, that I only got 2 F awards and 2 C awards for my kids. Of course not an issue at all, that my kids could visit us upstairs (or in the front) and they did not disturb anybody, who was sleeping or trying to sleep.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by mrswirl
I am hoping that LH will open up some more F award inventory before departure (still F4 at the moment) but if that doesn't happen, I am curious to know if I will be permitted to go upstairs once or twice to visit during the flight or if standard protocol strictly prohibits that.

Secondly (and the reason why this is relevant to this thread), since it is highly unlikely that this plane will have the new F seats by then, I am wondering if I might be allowed to "hang out" in the now blocked window seat next to my wife for some of the flight since we now know that those seats will be unoccupied.
From my experience in LH F, they will not allow you to "hang out", and I doubt they would allow much more than a few minutes for you to say hello to your wife in F

They are very much aware of who is supposed to be there and who is not and my guess is that if you are not one of their coveted frequent flyers you will not be allowed into F.

I have seen this happen with a person being stopped whilst coming up the stairs and asked to return to his own cabin, "I'm sorry but you cannot come up here".

They are more rule-oriented than their US counterparts.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by mrswirl
On UA at least, the FAs will usually permit you to visit with companions among the cabins as long as you're not being a nuisance.
Yes, one of the many differences between LH and UA F.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
From my experience in LH F, they will not allow you to "hang out", and I doubt they would allow much more than a few minutes for you to say hello to your wife in F
I believe prisons have a similar rule.

So, from this thread, my understanding is that 10 744s will be retrofitted by Winter 2012. But there are 29 of these planes in LH's fleet. Are they all going to be retrofitted, or are some 744s going to be retired as more A380s and 747-8's are acquired?

Finally, have people found that all 744 flights have only 8 seats in the seatmap now, or only the ones where LH expects they might fly a retrofitted plane?

Last edited by snic; Mar 9, 2011 at 12:22 pm
Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by snic
I believe prisons have a similar rule.
But people don't pay upwards of $10,000 US to spend time in prison.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.