Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FIRST on the 747 going from 16 to 8 from April 20th 2011?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Can some kind person offer an insight into the number of coverted B747s in the fleet by April/May?

I fear this is going to turn into a (slightly) speeded up version of the last C-class upgrade saga.
They are reftiing one in March and starting April its going to be 2 a month. So in April/May 2-3 of 29 are fitted with new old F, ie you have a 1:10 chance.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by oliver2002
They are reftiing one in March and starting April its going to be 2 a month. So in April/May 2-3 of 29 are fitted with new old F, ie you have a 1:10 chance.
Thanks! To be honest, I'm not overly fussed - just happy enough with the firm(ish) promise I will be sans neighbour. SEN+ at last.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Mar 25, 2011 at 2:21 am
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Some lively discussion going on in the BA board about the "new" F seat and bed on the 747.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-dont-get.html
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS Silver, EK
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Some lively discussion going on in the BA board about the "new" F seat and bed on the 747.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-dont-get.html
They seem to be quite jealous of the new product because it's so strange how some of them now say they don't like it when the bed is fully flat and that the idea is stupid
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:11 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by ogepma
They seem to be quite jealous of the new product because it's so strange how some of them now say they don't like it when the bed is fully flat and that the idea is stupid
Haha... they prefer to be able to just recline the seat and go to sleep after a meal rather than having to get up from their seat! I wonder what they do at home?

Why all the complaints when they have no intention of ever flying in LH F? Should we start a thread in the M&M forum about BA F which I believe isn't exactly perfect?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
OK - so then…

What do the LH sages think the most coveted rows/seats will be with the new 744 setup? Has row 83 lost its luster since there will be no further need for the F customer climb over maneuver? It would seem like the 83C/H seat/bed sets would be the least private for sleeping.

And how much recline will there be with the new fixed F seat? Has LH revealed the specifications on that yet?

SunLover
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by SunLover
What do the LH sages think the most coveted rows/seats will be with the new 744 setup? Has row 83 lost its luster since there will be no further need for the F customer climb over maneuver? It would seem like the 83C/H seat/bed sets would be the least private for sleeping.

And how much recline will there be with the new fixed F seat? Has LH revealed the specifications on that yet?
Looking at one of the BT photos it doesn't look as if the seat reclines very far.

If I have a choice I would go for 81C.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Looking at one of the BT photos it doesn't look as if the seat reclines very far.

Actually it looks like the seat *could* recline farther than the guy in the picture has it.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by snic
Actually it looks like the seat *could* recline farther than the guy in the picture has it.
The distance between the back of the seat in front and the partition on which the TV monitor is mounted doesn't look very large. Or do you think 84H can recline more than 83H?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Platinum, AA, AS, DL, NH, QF, QR, UA, USAF
We moved

We were originally in 83A, 83C, and 83H for our flights ORD-FRA & FRA-ORD on 1 & 20 June 2011 when we were first ticketed in July 2010 as all 3 seats were "preferred" in the LH seat map (colored yellow) and to avoid the climb over. When the 747 went to 8 in F, I was moved to 81C which was "preferred" I moved the rest of the family up to 81H and 82C (avoids the drink station in back of 82H). I noted that after making the switch, the exit row is no longer marked as "preferred."

It would be nice if the new F is in place, but with 3 in 30 odds (or 3 in 10 if ORD is a new F route), we will be happy with the extra privacy.

BTW, we are the only 3 in F for now. Private enough for us .
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by AZ Boomer
We were originally in 83A, 83C, and 83H for our flights ORD-FRA & FRA-ORD on 1 & 20 June 2011 when we were first ticketed in July 2010 as all 3 seats were "preferred" in the LH seat map (colored yellow) and to avoid the climb over. When the 747 went to 8 in F, I was moved to 81C which was "preferred" I moved the rest of the family up to 81H and 82C (avoids the drink station in back of 82H). I noted that after making the switch, the exit row is no longer marked as "preferred."

It would be nice if the new F is in place, but with 3 in 30 odds (or 3 in 10 if ORD is a new F route), we will be happy with the extra privacy.

BTW, we are the only 3 in F for now. Private enough for us .
I do this route quite often in F and it usually goes out with 9-10 passengers in F, quite predictably - most of them either being last-minute bookings/upgrades or operational upgrades.

The flights ex-FRA seem to have more than 10 most of the time.

But with only 8 seats to sell, at least it will be "more private".

My next flights are May, July, August, November. Will have to report back on which cabin we get.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Haha... they prefer to be able to just recline the seat and go to sleep after a meal rather than having to get up from their seat! I wonder what they do at home?
I don't go to bed during the day.

Not everyone wants to go to bed on a day flight so all you'll have is a inferior seat to sit on.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I don't go to bed during the day.

Not everyone wants to go to bed on a day flight so all you'll have is a inferior seat to sit on.
LH flights from NRT to FRA/MUC, like most flights from Japan to Europe on European carriers, are day flights, departing mid/late morning and arriving early/mid aftenoon. Last few times I flew this route everyone in F wanted to sleep - except one guy who was working during the first half of the flight and slept during the rest.

It must be something they add to farmed caviar!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:00 pm

The new 747 F seat/bed debate continues passionately in the BA board. People don't like the bed because it's horizontal and too narrow. Or is it?

This is before

And this is after

The seat is basically the same - different material and backrest - and the bulky armrests remain the same. In this picture the bed does look narrow but it will take up the space previously used up by the seat itself, armrest by the window and part of the centre armrest (which in the new configuration seems slightly narrower).

Compared to the width of the existing F seat when fully reclined the new "bed" must be much wider but there's no point in suggesting this in the other place.

Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Compared to the width of the existing F seat when fully reclined the new "bed" must be much wider but there's no point in suggesting this in the other place.
Oh stop being huffy.

It's not really the new bed it's just because it's Lufthansa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.