Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FIRST on the 747 going from 16 to 8 from April 20th 2011?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 6:39 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
sfo, lax & bkk (twice)
I think that what we're seeing is just the process of updating seat maps (and seat assignments) taking a day or two. By next week, I'll be surprised if we can still see any LH 744 F cabin maps showing 16 seats.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by LHPII
......according to new products phase-in chart I have 10 744's should start receiving a new First cabin as of April 2011, so at the beginning you can expect nothing more then a blocked window seat. All 10 aircraft are to receive the new F class by/through the winter 2011/2012. Aircraft will be done also during dummer months.
Seats A&C and H&K on the 747 are the very same as D&G on the A34x and A33x. But from April one, LH will tell customers that on the 747, the pair is so bad that the will give both seats for the price of one but for the Airbus fleet they will tell customers who were not able to fetch a window seat that the seat pair on the Airbus is so much better that they can continue selling them one by one... Someone at Lufthansa must be smoking stuff that is not of the highest quality... *eek*
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Yeah, sure - and you've only just brought it up now? How coincidental.
Ha ha ha.
and your problem is exactly WHAT now?!
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
......according to new products phase-in chart I have 10 744's should start receiving a new First cabin as of April 2011, so at the beginning you can expect nothing more then a blocked window seat. All 10 aircraft are to receive the new F class by/through the winter 2011/2012. Aircraft will be done also during dummer months.

No,seat is not the same as on A380s, it is the current seat or better say only platform/ actuator is the same. Everything else is new. New design, padding, and seat shape which is in the line with new First class seat.

Window seat is not made into a bed mode or similar, but it is rather taken out completely and instead LH put in a proper bed.
Thanks for confirming that first bit about blocking-only from April.

Do you know if these new seats will have limited recline/adjustment, or they'll also turn flat like the current ones? I figure there's no reason to limit that if it's the same chassis. I hope I'm not opening Pandora's box here...
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
ORD-FRA on 2 July and return on 16 July now showing only 8 F; 50% of that being occupied by the msp2anywhere crew.

Question: if a particular flight is using an unconverted a/c, will they release the additional seats day of, or day prior when they can designate the inbound a/c?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
Question: if a particular flight is using an unconverted a/c, will they release the additional seats day of, or day prior when they can designate the inbound a/c?
I think LH is looking for international long haul F class consistency, which will mean 8 F seats on their A330/A340/A380/B747 equipment. Not a good development for the F redemption possibilities…

SunLover
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
They should especially for people who are so eager to redeem their vouchers or burn their miles to upgrade from C class to the old LH F seats

Last edited by NA-Flyer; Dec 19, 2010 at 8:45 am
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: LH M
Originally Posted by dre_techie
Thanks for confirming that first bit about blocking-only from April.

Do you know if these new seats will have limited recline/adjustment, or they'll also turn flat like the current ones? I figure there's no reason to limit that if it's the same chassis. I hope I'm not opening Pandora's box here...
It is hard to tell from the pic. To me it looks like the seat itself would also go flat, so you would be able to choose whether to sleep in a seat or bed. (but can not guarantee that). In worst case seat will have a generous recline.
But what I am really excited about is fixed bed, because all current First seats are compromise between seats and beds except for SQ's A380's First.
So I think LH will have on almost all fleet some special feature in its first class so people will not feel like having an inferior product compared to A380's or
B748i's.

Last edited by LHPII; Dec 20, 2010 at 3:13 pm
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
It is hard to tell from the pic. To me it looks like the seat itself would also go flat, so you would be able to choose whether to sleep in a seat or bed. (but can not guarante that). In worst case seat will have a generous recline.
But what I am really excited about is fixed bed, because all current First seats are compromise between seats and beds except for SQ's A380's First.
So I think LH will have on almost all fleet some special feature in its first class so people will not feel like having an inferior product compared to A380's or
B748i's.
Sounds good to me.
Let's see what the availability for poor upgraders like myself will be like from 2011 in day to day operations...
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Sounds good to me.
Let's see what the availability for poor upgraders like myself will be like from 2011 in day to day operations...
4 e-Vouchers each way, since you're getting two seats total :-).
Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:53 pm

It is hard to tell from the pic. To me it looks like the seat itself would also go flat, so you would be able to choose whether to sleep in a seat or bed. (but can not guarante that). In worst case seat will have a generous recline.
B748i's.
And so the colour scheme in the updated 747 F will match that of the A380?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:35 pm

Sounds good to me.
My crystal ball sees a bright future in FIRST for Rambuster! Only the crane is fading and disappears... I see some new things coming up... A flower represents the bright future on the receiving end of eVouchers in 2011 and as the issuer of FIRST Class tickets in 2012... And lot of smiles... And more smiles... Welcome to the City of Angels ;-)
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
And so the colour scheme in the updated 747 F will match that of the A380?
That was already confirmed in an earlier post and makes sense to me...
Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:44 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Sounds good to me.
As I never had an issue for getting a seat on the A330/A340, I guess that it won't really be an issue for a SEN/HON to get a seat on the Jumbo. Or is it usual that more than 8 passengers have a F-ticket nowadays?

Maybe they will change the award rules as they did on the A380.

For me, the introduction of privacy is a great move (let's see how it will be arranged for couples travellig together).
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by SMK77
My crystal ball ...
Surely you mean crystal meth ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.