Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The second 748i (first for LH) has its final body join [the all about LH 748i thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The second 748i (first for LH) has its final body join [the all about LH 748i thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
Anyone knows whether there's a chance that this beauty will fly to HKG by next summer? I may take my family there in June 2012, and a 748 would be a good reason to fly LH.
Maybe 14,68%
Old Oct 20, 2011, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Love the 748i, looks great from every angle, unlike the A380.

Originally Posted by flyhen
regardless all the hype of A380, I still find 747 be the best looking of them all.
+100%.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Some insider speculation on delivery and deployment: 2 after January, 2 in summer, first commercial flight in Summer 2012 schedule to EZE and HKG.

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...-business.html
Old Oct 29, 2011, 2:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
assuming that the timetable will remain unchanged, those 2 destinations should be doable with 3 planes.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Olip
assuming that the timetable will remain unchanged, those 2 destinations should be doable with 3 planes.
As the Vielflieger post suggested, there will be one of the retrofitted 747-4 to support the routes since obviously the two first 747-8i can't do the job alone.

of course it is nice for the customers to see them on the longest routes but also for LH since these birds will use substantially less fuel compared to the old birds
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

LH is starting to tease...

Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Some insider speculation on delivery and deployment: 2 after January, 2 in summer, first commercial flight in Summer 2012 schedule to EZE and HKG.

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...-business.html
Antinori did not speculate it right last time when the A380 introduced into service so how can we rely on that website
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:42 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental debut landing in Germany expected for Dec. 6. 2011

Boeing [NYSE: BA] and Lufthansa are fast approaching the next major milestone on the 747-8 Intercontinental program with the start of pre-delivery testing of the new 747-8 Intercontinental at Lufthansa's main operations base at Frankfurt Airport Dec. 6 to Dec. 9.

Lufthansa will conduct a number of tests to help ensure a smooth integration of the newest member of the 747 family into Lufthansa operations. Lufthansa maintenance and engineering personnel will rehearse ground-handling processes for the 747-8 Intercontinental within the airline's facilities and on its ramps at the airport. In addition, the crews will check how their ground-support equipment accommodates the airplane. These checks will help Lufthansa ensure a smooth entry into service for crews and passengers in early 2012.

The airplane is scheduled to arrive at Frankfurt Airport late afternoon Central European Time (CET) on Dec. 6 after an approximately 9-hour flight from Seattle. Three Lufthansa pilots will join two Boeing pilots on the flight crew for the flight. The airplane will depart early afternoon CET Dec. 9. Lufthansa will release photographs of the airplane's visit to Frankfurt.

The airplane that will visit, known to Boeing as RC021, is one of three airplanes that have served in the 747-8 Intercontinental flight test fleet. It was specifically used to test interior systems such as heating and air conditioning, cabin lighting and systems, galleys and so on.

It is painted white with a gray belly and a blue tail fin - a basecoat of the Lufthansa livery without decals - the airplane will be the fifth 747-8 Intercontinental to join Lufthansa's fleet when it is delivered in the third quarter 2012. The first 747-8 Intercontinental destined for Lufthansa is completing construction at Boeing's facility at Everett, Wash.

The 747-8 Intercontinental provides double-digit improvements in fuel economy and carbon emissions per passenger and generates a 30 percent smaller noise footprint than the 747-400. The 747-8 Intercontinental applies interior features from the 787 Dreamliner that include a new curved, upswept architecture giving passengers a greater feeling of space and comfort, while adding more room for personal belongings.

Lufthansa has ordered a total of 20 747-8 Intercontinental airplanes. Boeing and Lufthansa share a strong tradition of innovation and partnership that continues with the new 747-8 Intercontinental.

http://presse.lufthansa.com/en/news-...icle/2043.html
Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:30 am
Original Poster

BOE21 just took off this morning (german time):

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE21

This is plain jane no LH logo D-ABYE though, not the D-ABYA featured in this thread. It has the new C installed the upper deck though... B/E is getting the type approval in this aircraft
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:17 am

Programs: their are many of them

This is plain jane no LH logo D-ABYE though, not the D-ABYA featured in this thread. It has the new C installed the upper deck though... B/E is getting the type approval in this aircraft
So then we can assume F will be in the Nose of the aircradr?

And as to speculation why EZE or HKG???? those are interesting possibilites though I am hedging bets it will be somewhee in North America
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:20 am
Original Poster

No F in this particular aircraft, but 8 F seats will be in the nose of all 748i. No fancy bathroom for F, all food will come from the back too.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:23 am
Original Poster

The only other 748 in Europe is about to enter German airspace too

http://www.flightradar24.com/#!/CLX853
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Is that the one we saw (parts of) during SMD2?

I bet we won't see any picture of the upper deck, though.

No F in this particular aircraft, but 8 F seats will be in the nose of all 748i. No fancy bathroom for F, all food will come from the back too.
And there'll be only one bathroom in F.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:18 am

BOE021 about to land in FRA @ 16:06 UTC.

http://www.flightradar24.com/#!/2011-12-06/16:00/BOE021

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 6, 2011 at 9:30 am
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Exclamation

I followed a part of the flight starting Paine field on Flightaware this morning.

Has she not landed in Frankfurt yet?

Good machines but they're all subsonic after all and always so slow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.