Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The second 748i (first for LH) has its final body join [the all about LH 748i thread]

The second 748i (first for LH) has its final body join [the all about LH 748i thread]

Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Cool The second 748i (first for LH) has its final body join [the all about LH 748i thread]

Even with 9 months advance planning going into the Starmegado we missed the final body join of the new LH B748i by a few days.

The first 748i that was already built looked interesting: the new wing is really an interesting design, the stretch makes it look really long, and the longer UD is also a sight. It seems LH plans to fit 32 of the 'new new new' C in there when the time comes.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Even with 9 months advance planning going into the Starmegado we missed the final body join of the new LH B748i by a few days.
So that's what we missed.

It seems LH plans to fit 32 of the 'new new new' C in there when the time comes.
Presumably the LD will have F, C, Y in that order? Any idea how many of each?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
I assume there will be more C downstairs?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
So that's what we missed.

Presumably the LD will have F, C, Y in that order? Any idea how many of each?
8F in the nose, C till door 2 or 3 depending on demand. C till door 2 will bring the total seating to 450
Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
8F in the nose, C till door 2 or 3 depending on demand. C till door 2 will bring the total seating to 450
too bad F is going downstairs, while i didn't really care about the UD in the past it grew on me lately...
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by sentom
too bad F is going downstairs, while i didn't really care about the UD in the past it grew on me lately...
I prefer F in the nose. Far more quiet and less staff traffic!
At the speed Boeing is now progressing, LH won't be ready with a new C seat!!
I bet we'll see the old one on these birds too!?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:51 am
Original Poster

This bird will be the test plane first, Boeing needs approval for the passenger 'modification' of the 747 platform, remember?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
I thought I heard that LH polled current customers who liked the upper deck essentially because it's the upper deck and you get to walk up the stairs and they were going to keep it there (perhaps it was the 388 though ). I don't actually agree with this and would much rather a nose F over a UD F.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by johndeere19
I thought I heard that LH polled current customers who liked the upper deck essentially because it's the upper deck and you get to walk up the stairs and they were going to keep it there (perhaps it was the 388 though ). I don't actually agree with this and would much rather a nose F over a UD F.
No, LH surveyed no one again. There is a simple reason, the UD F is not accessible for some disabled passengers. But each COS should/must be accessible barrier free in the future. So UD F on the 380 is fine due to the separate UD door, a UD F on a 748 is not accessible without an extra door.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
No, LH surveyed no one again. There is a simple reason, the UD F is not accessible for some disabled passengers. But each COS should/must be accessible barrier free in the future. So UD F on the 380 is fine due to the separate UD door, a UD F on a 748 is not accessible without an extra door.
Makes sense...thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 7:28 am
Original Poster

The english version:
Old Feb 13, 2011, 2:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Roll-out of 747-8i

As I posted in the forum lounge thread some pictures of Lufthansa's first 747-8 Intercontinental are available on CNET.

Photos #1, 5 & 9 (and probably others) show Lufthansa's first 747-8i being asssembled.

A live webcast of the roll-out of 747-8 at 19:00 GMT today (Sunday, 13 February).
http://www.newairplane.com/747/incredible/

LH's press release
http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/them...-roll-out.html
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:35 pm

when do you think the a/c will be in the hands of lufthansa? what route do you guys think it will be used?

Any interior shots of the Lufthansa 748?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
At the speed Boeing is now progressing, LH won't be ready with a new C seat!!
I bet we'll see the old one on these birds too!?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by johndeere19
In how many cabins have you flown in F on upper deck versus lower deck?

What do you prefer about the nose?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.