Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The second 748i (first for LH) has its final body join [the all about LH 748i thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The second 748i (first for LH) has its final body join [the all about LH 748i thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Delivery of D-ABYA is set for January, but as todays news about ANA's 787 shows, some things ('minor issues') do show up in the final walkthrough...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...s-delayed.html

FAA and EASA approval was obtained in time last week.
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2076
Thanks for the heads-up ^
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Nice rendering of D-ABYE visiting in FRA on the corporate homepage:

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/fileadm...e-1kw-2012.jpg

It looks like they took a photo of D-ABYE in the test bay beside the A380 hangar in FRA and rendered the LH logo and titles using photoshop
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
February's Lufthansa Magazin features an article on 747-8's cabin design (p.48-54) with additional photos on the table of contents page (p.8) and p.44-45.

http://www.lhm-lounge.de/lh_1202_int...ter_doppel.pdf
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by seat 1a
To my recollection most airlines flying 747's have F in the nose.

I humbly agree that F on 747 is better in the nose.
Much quieter , no walk through , lavatory's in galley behind ( great for FA's ), sturdier floor ( no sea sickness ) .
+1. I really loved the old EVA 747s that had the premium economy section in the nose. What a bargain.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

The qatari XXL BBJ is set to be delivered in about two weeks, LH D-ABYA has been pushed back to March 30.

Some semi official news source:
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...livery-368262/
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:48 am

The qatari XXL BBJ is set to be delivered in about two weeks, LH D-ABYA has been pushed back to March 30.

Lh has always said it was planning an april delivery of d-Abya (according to conversations that I've had with them along the way)
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:51 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Interesting link with number of LH seats.

Thank you for the link! Besides the information of the VIP customer in Quatar they disclose the number of seats of the first Lufthansa B747-800 ^

"The first airline passenger configured 747-8 for Lufthansa with 386 seats is expected to be delivered in March."

So everyone can make an educated guess about the configuration with (according to FT) the new Business Class with the requirement of approx.
8 % more space, First in the nose and the traditional Y seating. @:-)

76,4m length (instead of 70,66 m of the B747-400)

http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...M%29%20-%20NEU

Means: approx. 5,7 m more length in the Upper and Main Deck

Educated guess of the seat numbers
F: (nose): 7-8
C: (Upper Deck): 36
C: (Main Deck): approx. 32
Y: approx. 310
Total: 386

What do you think about that configuration ? Or has someone press releases stating the correct and official number ?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
I remember reading something in the LH magazine or online about a year ago where they said that the cabin would have the same number of seats as the current 744 (before the 744 refit) and that would open up new possibilities for travellings.

Also, in this months magazine is does say in the print that Economy passengers will have more room in the 748. (I can't remember the exact phrase, but might have been increased pitch).
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith
Also, in this months magazine is does say in the print that Economy passengers will have more room in the 748. (I can't remember the exact phrase, but might have been increased pitch).
The new economy seat will give increased legroom in the same way that NEK gives increased legroom.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Lh has always said it was planning an april delivery of d-Abya (according to conversations that I've had with them along the way)
Nope, delivery was planned for Jan 30, operation in Summer 2012, which starts March 30.

Originally Posted by gum
"The first airline passenger configured 747-8 for Lufthansa with 386 seats is expected to be delivered in March."

So everyone can make an educated guess about the configuration with (according to FT) the new Business Class with the requirement of approx.
8 % more space, First in the nose and the traditional Y seating. @:-)
[...]
What do you think about that configuration ? Or has someone press releases stating the correct and official number ?
The 748i will have 80-92 C seats depending on config and 8 F. There was an article in some aircraft interior magazine where the lady at LH mentioned something about configs and total seats.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:35 am
gum

Do you expect 30'' seating in Y ?

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The new economy seat will give increased legroom in the same way that NEK gives increased legroom.
So do you expect a higher density in Y ?

I am convinced that Lufthansa wonīt make the mistake to bring the service to close to a charter carrier! And the number of 386 seats doesnīt suggest a large increase in Business Class capacity.

Given the latest announcements about increase of space needed for each Business Class seat I donīt see any other configuration than that. The Upper Deck is too far extenden to accomodate First Class. Would mean about 3-4 rows more. But what should Lufthansa do with 14-16 seats First Class ??
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gum
So do you expect a higher density in Y ?

I am convinced that Lufthansa wonīt make the mistake to bring the service to close to a charter carrier! And the number of 386 seats doesnīt suggest a large increase in Business Class capacity.

Given the latest announcements about increase of space needed for each Business Class seat I donīt see any other configuration than that. The Upper Deck is too far extenden to accomodate First Class. Would mean about 3-4 rows more. But what should Lufthansa do with 14-16 seats First Class ??
Hi gum,

Post #115 from oliver2002 has a good overview of number of seats and capacities for F/C.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Upper Deck will be C, Zone A (nose to door 1) will be F, Zone B (Door 1-2) C, Zone C (Door 2-3) sometimes C, rest Y. Zone B & C is the area that is longer in 748i compared to 744s, which means they get more space to put C seats in. However the new seats consume more space, so its even steven.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:54 am
gum

Thanks for the info!

Upper Deck will be C, Zone A (nose to door 1) will be F, Zone B (Door 1-2) C, Zone C (Door 2-3) sometimes C, rest Y. Zone B & C is the area that is longer in 748i compared to 744s, which means they get more space to put C seats in. However the new seats consume more space, so its even steven.
Would be really fine if they would make a special edition of the Lufthansa Magazin. Similar to that of the A380 but only for the B747-8i.

http://a380.lufthansa.com/FASCINATIO...e/p1/LHMagazin

And thanks for sharing the info.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:30 am

Nope, delivery was planned for Jan 30, operation in Summer 2012, which starts March 30.
Maybe that was the case earlier, I only started talking to LH about this in December so maybe at that point the delay had already been factored in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.