Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you know how to fly from ARN to TXL, this competition is for you: http://forsttillberlin.se/
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you know how to fly from ARN to TXL, this competition is for you: http://forsttillberlin.se/
If only they realized that plenty of Swedes fly from CPH as well...

I am starting to loathe registering for the Danish version of websites so I can get meaningful promos and newsletters. Such a tough life I live

Edit: I cannot seem to login...is the page live yet or just buggy?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

You have to sign up, worked fine for me, yet the lag in the loading of the google maps killed the joy for me
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
You have to sign up, worked fine for me, yet the lag in the loading of the google maps killed the joy for me
Hmmm...where does one sign up? I only see login with Facebook or with Email, but neither link works.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:37 am

Try a different browser?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Hope this is a welcome question here (I did not want to start a new thread).

I will be transiting MUC next week as a *G and United Club member and it looks like I have access to both SEN and Business lounges. I will be connecting to a Schengen flight and just wanted to know which of the lounges was the best for a shower and a meal?

Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I will be transiting MUC next week as a *G and United Club member and it looks like I have access to both SEN and Business lounges. I will be connecting to a Schengen flight and just wanted to know which of the lounges was the best for a shower and a meal?
SEN lounges are generally better in terms of food and they offer showers. Don't know about showers in business lounges. However, depending on the time of the day it might be more comfortable in the business lounge as the SEN lounges tend to get really crowded during peak times and there are people who seek refuge in business lounges in such circumstances.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
SEN lounges are generally better in terms of food and they offer showers. Don't know about showers in business lounges. However, depending on the time of the day it might be more comfortable in the business lounge as the SEN lounges tend to get really crowded during peak times and there are people who seek refuge in business lounges in such circumstances.
LH business lounge in Munich has a shower.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
And the SEN lounge in HAJ doesn't have any.

There is no such rule as SEN=shower and Business=no shower, it's really dependant on the airport.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I would guess than in the new Schengen Sen lounge at Muc, that opened a 2/3 years ago, there must be showers.

Often the showers were in the Biz lounges, and not in the Sen lounges, but I understand it was when both lounges were next to each other.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:26 am

Having a headscratch moment... just tried to checkin for a flight tomorrow night... and behold:

- I was able to check in (BN 10, some some others started the process too)
- It picked up the seat SSR from the codeshare (booked on AI codeshare)
- I could have picked the emergency exit (row 26) in a A346
- the passport data was picked from the booking (the visa data was not)
- it checked me in for a connecting AI domestic flight

I guess I did everything right when entering the details while booking it in Amadeus
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
- I could have picked the emergency exit (row 26) in a A346
sssssssh!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Originally Posted by more4less
I would guess than in the new Schengen Sen lounge at Muc, that opened a 2/3 years ago, there must be showers.

Often the showers were in the Biz lounges, and not in the Sen lounges, but I understand it was when both lounges were next to each other.
Thank you all for the replies.

I'm coming in from IAD connecting to VIE. I'm trying to remember the SEN lounge. It's the one in the basement/dark room correct? The Biz lounge is upstairs and is the "biergarten".
Old Jan 16, 2013, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hartmann
Thank you all for the replies.

I'm coming in from IAD connecting to VIE. I'm trying to remember the SEN lounge. It's the one in the basement/dark room correct? The Biz lounge is upstairs and is the "biergarten".
Personally I prefer the Senator cafe across the hall- but it is a personal preference.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 1:55 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I don't know whether to believe this or not but it's a good story (from the UA forum).

Originally Posted by eap
The Lufthansa ticket stock boarding passes for my United GlobalFirst flight said "C" (the big letter) and "Business". This was not an accident: I was told that it was to prevent accidental access to the first class lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.