Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
No idea. Perhaps there was a shortage of baggage belts for offloading, so they decided to skip that bit. It'll be really interesting to see how the compensation request is handled. After all, what's 230€ for a company that loses thousands daily
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by gojko88
Ahhh, to be back to FT after a month, what a refreshing relapse experience.

To make things less OT, after my luggage survived 12 flights and some 25k miles flown in 25 days, here's what OU have managed to do on a 150-mile hop from ZAG to SPU:

Had the exact same (a crashed edge) on last weeks DRS-MUC with LH... Haven't claimed it yet, will happen on a flight where I have some time afterwards to deal with the baggage office. Also, I have a lifetime guarantee with mine, so I am not that worried...
Old Mar 3, 2013, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Nice gesture from Emirates:

"Celebrate your Gold membership with a gift of your choice. Simply click on one of the gifts mentioned below and confirm your postal address to receive your pack. Your new membership pack will be dispatched only after we have received confirmation from you.

- Portable mobile battery charger A charger that can be used for recharging your mobile phone while you are on the go. The lightweight charger comes with four adaptor pins compatible with Apple*, Blackberry, Samsung and Nokia and is also compatible with any other USB-based charging devices that you may have.
* Valid up to iPhone 4S

- Noise-isolating headphones with in-flight adapter High sound-quality, noise-isolating headphones that can be used on any standard device and also included is an adaptor which you can use on-board your flights with Emirates. "
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Ahhh, to be back to FT after a month, what a refreshing relapse experience.

To make things less OT, after my luggage survived 12 flights and some 25k miles flown in 25 days, here's what OU have managed to do on a 150-mile hop from ZAG to SPU:
What a pain! This is why I always try to travel with hand luggage only.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:59 pm

Spiegel Online (sorry in German) is writing that they have those automatic check-in machines in Munich since November and claim that this is something totally new.

I am rubbing my eyes on that one. Aren't they around since Terminal 2 openend? Remember using them for years and was always wondering why they don't have them at the more remote airports!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

This seems to be related to machines that can also be used to check-in your bags.... and that is something of a novelty. With most check-in machines you can only print your BP and baggage label, you still need to get to a drop-off counter.

But they have been experimenting with this type of machine for a while...
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Spiegel Online (sorry in German) is writing that they have those automatic check-in machines in Munich since November and claim that this is something totally new.

I am rubbing my eyes on that one. Aren't they around since Terminal 2 openend? Remember using them for years and was always wondering why they don't have them at the more remote airports!
Spiegel Online isn't a source you can trust. They're about on the "value" of the German Bild Zeitung (For Americans: Printed Fox News)
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
This seems to be related to machines that can also be used to check-in your bags.... and that is something of a novelty. With most check-in machines you can only print your BP and baggage label, you still need to get to a drop-off counter.

But they have been experimenting with this type of machine for a while...
Well, the check-in / BP printer types are around since "forever" and basically at each airport that Lufthansa serves.
I am talking of the baggage self-drop off machines in Munich and they are there since T2 opened which I believe was in 2002.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, the check-in / BP printer types are around since "forever" and basically at each airport that Lufthansa serves.
The first machine at VCE that actually worked for more than one day was installed in 2007- so not exactly forever however certainly a long time (6 years in may).
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I am talking of the baggage self-drop off machines in Munich and they are there since T2 opened which I believe was in 2002.
Even before T2 they had these in the Z area just as you come out of the S-Bahn station, I think those were installed ca. 2001.

SPON is utter crap. Just read and forget.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by totti
What a pain! This is why I always try to travel with hand luggage only.
Yes, I always make great efforts to have hand baggage only. And if my baggage is on the large side I make myself as inconspicuous to airline staff as possible
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:48 am

Small update - they've offered a compensation of an entire 120 USD for a 230 EUR case. Naturally, I politely told them to reconsider, preceded by a few DYKWIA phrases and assertive remarks. We'll see what happens next...
Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Small update - they've offered a compensation of an entire 120 USD for a 230 EUR case. Naturally, I politely told them to reconsider, preceded by a few DYKWIA phrases and assertive remarks. We'll see what happens next...
Good luck! Luckily, I never had any problems with LH regarding reimbursement for torn bags (I tend to use rather cheap duffle bags as checked luggage). Often they offered a slightly higher compensation than the actual value of the bag ^.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If LH had made the damage, you could have gone to the Worldshop in FRA and gotten a replacement (from the picture it seems you bought the case at the WS?)
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:22 am

I wish it were LH that had made the damage! Unfortunately, it was OU, and they're pretty stingy with compensation in general, not to mention the bureaucracy involved I think I have a decent case now though, after all, they are a fully integrated M&M partner...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.