Anyone booked LH F awards recently?

Old Nov 29, 11, 1:01 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HPN
Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Posts: 3,195
Anyone booked LH F awards recently?

Has anyone been able to successfully book Lufthansa first class award tickets recently, using UA or CO points?

This thread mentions some problems people have had: they see LH F award seats come up on continental.com searches, but can't book them. Interestingly, the ANA tool does not show the F availability.

Using ua.com, I've been finding a fair amount of LH F in mid-December for US east coast to Germany (for instance, IAD-MUC, ORD-MUC, and BOS-MUC on 12/16), but not a single flight shows F availability on the ANA tool.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has had success in the last week or two with LH F award bookings with UA/CO points??
snic is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 2:55 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 248
I booked mine about 4 weeks ago, did the search from continental.com and found 2x saver F space from FRA-SEA. I booked both seats via phone as this was only part of a multi-leg round trip itinerary.
smfnrt is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 3:06 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HPN
Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Posts: 3,195
Thanks. The problems seem to have kicked in about 2 weeks ago - a month or so ago, whatever I saw as available on ua.com also showed up on ANA. No longer. What I'm trying to find out is whether the LH F seats that show up on ua.com are really bookable. (Of course I could call and ask, but the specific flight I'm looking for hasn't popped up yet.)
snic is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 3:48 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: UA 1K/ 1MM, SPG Plat
Posts: 359
I've noticed that there is availability but only for A330/A340 on long-haul flights in F. We know A380 F is blocked, but I personally haven't seen a single 747 F seat available for UA redemption....
uapremier is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 4:48 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by uapremier View Post
I've noticed that there is availability but only for A330/A340 on long-haul flights in F. We know A380 F is blocked, but I personally haven't seen a single 747 F seat available for UA redemption....
Actually, LH A380 F is NOT blocked for CO redemption. Have booked several
this year at the SaverPass rates without any problem. Also, have had no problem in booking F seats on LH 747s either.

Don't know why this perception prevails, but it is simply not true. Limited seats, yes; impossible to book, no.
tanlines is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 4:53 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 11,205
Lucky noted the zeroing out of LH F availability on his blag a few days ago.

Even when you see it on CO.sux the availability isn't really there and you can't book it with CO. It's a glitch.
mduell is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 4:56 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 103
from my understanding,

when I am on CO.com, there are some LH F and C cabin that are visible BEFORE i log in as CO-plat. Ofc when I log in it's gone, but when I call CO award desk the visibility was there.
vindicate is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 5:01 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by mduell View Post
Lucky noted the zeroing out of LH F availability on his blag a few days ago.

Even when you see it on CO.sux the availability isn't really there and you can't book it with CO. It's a glitch.
Sorry, but that is simply not true.
tanlines is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 6:22 pm
  #9  
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,016
Originally Posted by uapremier View Post
I've noticed that there is availability but only for A330/A340 on long-haul flights in F. We know A380 F is blocked, but I personally haven't seen a single 747 F seat available for UA redemption....
+1.
dayone is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 6:37 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 11,205
Originally Posted by tanlines View Post
Sorry, but that is simply not true.
Here's the screenshots full of bitter disappointment: "When you try to make the booking on Continental’s website it brings you all the way to the booking page, and once you hit “purchase” it tells you there has been a change in availability."
mduell is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 6:55 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by mduell View Post
Here's the screenshots full of bitter disappointment: "When you try to make the booking on Continental’s website it brings you all the way to the booking page, and once you hit “purchase” it tells you there has been a change in availability."
Well, I'm sorry that you've not been able to book them.

Personally, I have not had any problems booking (or flying) LH F on either the 747 or the A380 when using CO miles for SaverPass awards.

Hopefully your luck improves, because I'm certain you'll enjoy the
onboard experience on both services.

Best of luck!
tanlines is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 7:20 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HPN
Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Posts: 3,195
Originally Posted by tanlines View Post
Personally, I have not had any problems booking (or flying) LH F on either the 747 or the A380 when using CO miles for SaverPass awards.
Neither did I (with UA miles) - but that was a few months ago. The reports of inability to book are very recent.
snic is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 7:59 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by snic View Post
Neither did I (with UA miles) - but that was a few months ago. The reports of inability to book are very recent.

I've flown 3 separate itineraries in LH F in the past 60 days, and have 3 booked on A380s in Dec. Guess I must just be really lucky.
tanlines is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 8:09 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by tanlines View Post
I've flown 3 separate itineraries in LH F in the past 60 days, and have 3 booked on A380s in Dec. Guess I must just be really lucky.
We need to see your boarding pass as proof (erase all personal info), otherwise we will take it that you mixed up 340/330 for 380.

One more thing, if you have M&M points and elite, then it's true, otherwise your story is bogus without proof.
sillypainter is offline  
Old Nov 29, 11, 8:32 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by sillypainter View Post
We need to see your boarding pass as proof (erase all personal info), otherwise we will take it that you mixed up 340/330 for 380.

One more thing, if you have M&M points and elite, then it's true, otherwise your story is bogus without proof.
A) You're right; I am obviously too stupid to know what type of aircraft I fly on.

B) I didn't book them with M&M points.


none are so blind as those who refuse to see.....
tanlines is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: