Last edit by: NewbieRunner
xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by photographer2012
do you think it's legit (or possible) to just copy paste my trip advisor reviews?
It's possible, but not legit.

First, they have a quality control process where they can randomly select one of your bookings and ask for confirmation etc - this happened to me. You may be caught at this stage.

Second, their terms of use prohibit the uploading of illegal content or content which violates or infringes any law. If you have uploaded an identical review to TripAdvisor, they may now have copyright over it according to their terms and conditions.

Also bear in mind that if Google indexes the TripAdvisor content before it indexes the identical Holidaycheck content, Holidaycheck will be penalised in Google rankings for content duplication. Holidaycheck are unlikely to appreciate this, and may well suspend your account. Probably not worth it considering you can knock up a review in about a minute.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by go_around
It's possible, but not legit.

First, they have a quality control process where they can randomly select one of your bookings and ask for confirmation etc - this happened to me. You may be caught at this stage.

Second, their terms of use prohibit the uploading of illegal content or content which violates or infringes any law. If you have uploaded an identical review to TripAdvisor, they may now have copyright over it according to their terms and conditions.

Also bear in mind that if Google indexes the TripAdvisor content before it indexes the identical Holidaycheck content, Holidaycheck will be penalised in Google rankings for content duplication. Holidaycheck are unlikely to appreciate this, and may well suspend your account. Probably not worth it considering you can knock up a review in about a minute.
Hey,

i mean using my own reviews published on trip advisor and copy them

i dont want to write all my reviews again and just change something in them...it will take too much time

thank's for the help
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by photographer2012
Hey,

i mean using my own reviews published on trip advisor and copy them

i dont want to write all my reviews again and just change something in them...it will take too much time

thank's for the help
Yes, that's what I mean. TripAdvisor's terms and conditions might say they have copyright over your review once published (you can check this). In which case it would then be TripAdvisor's review you're copying, and not your own.

Copying them and then changing the wording should be a different story though.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Yes, that's what I mean. TripAdvisor's terms and conditions might say they have copyright over your review once published (you can check this). In which case it would then be TripAdvisor's review you're copying, and not your own.

Copying them and then changing the wording should be a different story though.
You also have to reply to several other questions. If the stay goes back one or two years, I usually read my TripAdvisor review to remind me about it, but come on, about three lines of text is enough, it will only take one minute of your time, it's not worth copying and pasting and getting into potential trouble.

I have also been asked to send them the hotel folio a couple of times.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:09 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I've checked the T&Cs of both websites (holidaycheck and tripadvisor). Both essentially request that you give them a license to use your reviews in any way they please. Tripadvisor mentions "non-exclusive", holidaycheck doesn't mention anything. So it's still not an "exclusive" right.

When you go to the FAQ/guidelines, however, both sites forbid to upload own reviews already published on a different website, even though their legal T&Cs do not mention anything about this...

HTB.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
DKB is sending me 12500 miles: ^

Mit dem leistungsstarken DKB-Broker Miles & More Prämienmeilen sammeln!

Sehr geehrter Herr xxxx,

mit dem leistungsstarken DKB-Broker können Sie bequem online Geld anlegen und gleichzeitig viele
Miles & More Prämienmeilen sammeln. Finden Sie mit der umfangreichen Fondssuche einfach
und schnell Ihre passende Finanzanlage. Alle Fonds und Fondssparpläne stehen Ihnen ohne Ausgabeaufschlag zur Auswahl bereit.

Im Aktionszeitraum vom 01.08. – 31.10.2013 füllen Sie Ihr Meilenkonto einmalig mit:
12.500 Meilen für die Eröffnung des DKB-Broker

Eröffnen Sie im Internet-Banking unter dem Menüpunkt „Produkte“ jetzt Ihren DKB-Broker.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass dieses Angebot nur für den Adressaten gilt. Die Gutschrift der Miles & More Prämienmeilen erfolgt 6-8 Wochen nach Eröffnung. Wird der DKB-Broker bis zum 31.10.2014 rückabgewickelt, so erfolgt eine Abbuchung der bereits gutgeschriebenen Prämienmeilen vom Meilenkonto bzw. eine Verrechnung mit auf dem Konto vorhandenen Meilen.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: LH HON
Targeted: get 14100 mi for flying 47000 status miles between 15 Aug. and 15 Oct.
Strange enough, that Swiss flights do not count. Only LH, OS, Germanwings and Air Dolomiti.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Am I right in thinking that there's 1,000 miles up for grabs if you sign up for Miles & More through the link provided here?

http://ebs10.telekom.de/mmi/

Look on the right hand side.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
Am I right in thinking that there's 1,000 miles up for grabs if you sign up for Miles & More through the link provided here?

http://ebs10.telekom.de/mmi/

Look on the right hand side.
haven't you got an account already? It's 1000 miles if you open a new account I'm afraid...
Old Aug 13, 2013, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those who are looking to open a new account with an incentive, or who know somebody who wants to open a new account.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

6x points and various nice things at the ingolstadt village on 14SEP13:
http://www.miles-and-more-kreditkart...age/index.html
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Promo on SN: book between 3 and 10 september on brusselairlines.com, use code "vulcht" or "rijsagentschap" on checkout and get 15% off any European flight.
It's a play on spelling errors made in previous add.
http://ow.ly/i/2VWxr/original
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Um, on second thoughts, I won't go for it..trying to stop spending money just for the sake of points/miles for things I really don't need and won't use. Thanks for posting it, though, and do keep the suggestions coming!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: UAL, AAL, DAL, NKS, JBU
Austrian voucher worth €10:
This is how it works:
Simply enter your personal promotion code AUTgC2fzkaxKn in the "Voucher" field on www.austrian.com. The value will be deducted from the total price automatically.
If you are not booking in Euros, we will credit you with the equivalent value of €10 in your currency. The voucher is valid for bookings made within the next 90 days and for flights within a period of one year from the date of booking.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 3:26 am

20% extra award miles in September for the first 20000:

1. Login to your M&M account
2. Go to this link: https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=de&cid=18002

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.