Old Mar 6, 13, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Old Jul 19, 13, 5:05 pm
  #1741  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MXP
Programs: SK*G, Marriott Gold
Posts: 3,165
Perhaps the promo was withdrawn? As I stated in the original post, the page with the details never seems to have went live.
gojko88 is offline  
Old Jul 20, 13, 4:17 am
  #1742  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: BA Bronze
Posts: 1,021
Originally Posted by gojko88 View Post
Perhaps the promo was withdrawn? As I stated in the original post, the page with the details never seems to have went live.
If I remember correctly the 120 point offer page is the one I clicked through from to write the reviews.
go_around is offline  
Old Jul 21, 13, 5:02 am
  #1743  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PRG
Posts: 85
120 miles are mentioned right at the beginning of the review process - https://secure.holidaycheck.com/hotelrate.php (under the "i" icon). It doesn't even say anything about July.
Marr3wk is offline  
Old Jul 22, 13, 5:07 am
  #1744  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: homeless 2.0
Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Posts: 1,065
today I got the +20 miles, appeared next to all the +100 transactions separately
kanor is offline  
Old Jul 22, 13, 6:08 am
  #1745  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: BCN
Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Posts: 924
Originally Posted by kanor View Post
today I got the +20 miles, appeared next to all the +100 transactions separately
Same here! Even if I've flown with *A less than usual lately, I've never had so many entries on my M&M statement...
josmon10 is offline  
Old Jul 22, 13, 3:45 pm
  #1746  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Europe
Programs: AY Plat, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 478
Originally Posted by kanor View Post
today I got the +20 miles, appeared next to all the +100 transactions separately
Same here
mirror74 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 13, 6:17 am
  #1747  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN**
Posts: 45,144
Win 5x 200000 miles with Telekom: https://mobilboxpro.telekom.de/
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 13, 2:17 pm
  #1748  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Posts: 362
Originally Posted by gojko88 View Post
Also, HolidayCheck seems to be giving 20% more miles for hotel reviews in July (120 instead of 100, up to a maximum of 10 reviews), but the detailed info page seems to be broken at the moment.
do you think it's legit (or possible) to just copy paste my trip advisor reviews?
photographer2012 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 13, 2:21 pm
  #1749  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Posts: 362
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
12 weeks FAZ & FAS for 98.10€ and 12000 miles (instead of the usual 10k):

www.faz.net/geburtstagsmeilen

Valid for July 2013 only.
What address do people use if they live outside germany?

should i just give a hotel address?

Is it even possible to get this promo if you dont have a german bank account?

Last edited by photographer2012; Jul 24, 13 at 4:22 pm
photographer2012 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 13, 5:41 pm
  #1750  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: BA Bronze
Posts: 1,021
Originally Posted by photographer2012 View Post
do you think it's legit (or possible) to just copy paste my trip advisor reviews?
It's possible, but not legit.

First, they have a quality control process where they can randomly select one of your bookings and ask for confirmation etc - this happened to me. You may be caught at this stage.

Second, their terms of use prohibit the uploading of illegal content or content which violates or infringes any law. If you have uploaded an identical review to TripAdvisor, they may now have copyright over it according to their terms and conditions.

Also bear in mind that if Google indexes the TripAdvisor content before it indexes the identical Holidaycheck content, Holidaycheck will be penalised in Google rankings for content duplication. Holidaycheck are unlikely to appreciate this, and may well suspend your account. Probably not worth it considering you can knock up a review in about a minute.
go_around is offline  
Old Jul 25, 13, 12:18 am
  #1751  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Posts: 362
Originally Posted by go_around View Post
It's possible, but not legit.

First, they have a quality control process where they can randomly select one of your bookings and ask for confirmation etc - this happened to me. You may be caught at this stage.

Second, their terms of use prohibit the uploading of illegal content or content which violates or infringes any law. If you have uploaded an identical review to TripAdvisor, they may now have copyright over it according to their terms and conditions.

Also bear in mind that if Google indexes the TripAdvisor content before it indexes the identical Holidaycheck content, Holidaycheck will be penalised in Google rankings for content duplication. Holidaycheck are unlikely to appreciate this, and may well suspend your account. Probably not worth it considering you can knock up a review in about a minute.
Hey,

i mean using my own reviews published on trip advisor and copy them

i dont want to write all my reviews again and just change something in them...it will take too much time

thank's for the help
photographer2012 is offline  
Old Jul 25, 13, 4:28 am
  #1752  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: BA Bronze
Posts: 1,021
Originally Posted by photographer2012 View Post
Hey,

i mean using my own reviews published on trip advisor and copy them

i dont want to write all my reviews again and just change something in them...it will take too much time

thank's for the help
Yes, that's what I mean. TripAdvisor's terms and conditions might say they have copyright over your review once published (you can check this). In which case it would then be TripAdvisor's review you're copying, and not your own.

Copying them and then changing the wording should be a different story though.
go_around is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 3:06 am
  #1753  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: BCN
Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Posts: 924
Originally Posted by go_around View Post
Yes, that's what I mean. TripAdvisor's terms and conditions might say they have copyright over your review once published (you can check this). In which case it would then be TripAdvisor's review you're copying, and not your own.

Copying them and then changing the wording should be a different story though.
You also have to reply to several other questions. If the stay goes back one or two years, I usually read my TripAdvisor review to remind me about it, but come on, about three lines of text is enough, it will only take one minute of your time, it's not worth copying and pasting and getting into potential trouble.

I have also been asked to send them the hotel folio a couple of times.
josmon10 is offline  
Old Jul 27, 13, 1:09 am
  #1754  
htb
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Posts: 4,642
Originally Posted by go_around View Post
Yes, that's what I mean. TripAdvisor's terms and conditions might say they have copyright over your review once published (you can check this). In which case it would then be TripAdvisor's review you're copying, and not your own.
I've checked the T&Cs of both websites (holidaycheck and tripadvisor). Both essentially request that you give them a license to use your reviews in any way they please. Tripadvisor mentions "non-exclusive", holidaycheck doesn't mention anything. So it's still not an "exclusive" right.

When you go to the FAQ/guidelines, however, both sites forbid to upload own reviews already published on a different website, even though their legal T&Cs do not mention anything about this...

HTB.
htb is offline  
Old Aug 8, 13, 4:29 am
  #1755  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN**
Posts: 45,144
DKB is sending me 12500 miles: ^

Mit dem leistungsstarken DKB-Broker Miles & More Prmienmeilen sammeln!


Sehr geehrter Herr xxxx,

mit dem leistungsstarken DKB-Broker knnen Sie bequem online Geld anlegen und gleichzeitig viele
Miles & More Prmienmeilen sammeln. Finden Sie mit der umfangreichen Fondssuche einfach
und schnell Ihre passende Finanzanlage. Alle Fonds und Fondssparplne stehen Ihnen ohne Ausgabeaufschlag zur Auswahl bereit.

Im Aktionszeitraum vom 01.08. – 31.10.2013 fllen Sie Ihr Meilenkonto einmalig mit:
12.500 Meilen fr die Erffnung des DKB-Broker


Erffnen Sie im Internet-Banking unter dem Menpunkt „Produkte“ jetzt Ihren DKB-Broker.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass dieses Angebot nur fr den Adressaten gilt. Die Gutschrift der Miles & More Prmienmeilen erfolgt 6-8 Wochen nach Erffnung. Wird der DKB-Broker bis zum 31.10.2014 rckabgewickelt, so erfolgt eine Abbuchung der bereits gutgeschriebenen Prmienmeilen vom Meilenkonto bzw. eine Verrechnung mit auf dem Konto vorhandenen Meilen.
oliver2002 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread