Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: CO, BA, UA, AA, PC, HH, MARRIOT, HYATT, MR, STARWOOD
I was never an elitist till I flew LH home from Paris. Now I won't even look at anyone unless I am getting onboard...
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It sounds like you haven't been on flights to/from Japan which are étagère-free.
Oops!
You're right!

I have done the Japan flights, but forgot about that. I always choose the Japanese meal.

I've also been on a Dubai-Frankfurt 3 AM flight that was etagerie-free!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
I have done the Japan flights, but forgot about that. I always choose the Japanese meal.
If you opt for the Japanese meal caviar is served automatically as the first course (unless you are Shareholder), but if you opt for the Western menu caviar is considered one of the appetizers and you have to ask if you want caviar as well as an appetizer.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by BOSton Traveller
So tired of these posts about these "maximizer" complaining while stuffing their faces ... [rest of tirade deleted]
There is no reason to heap abuse on the OP simply because he expressed an opinion you don't like.

I, for one, value the range of opinions expressed here on LH's (and others') products.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by snic
There is no reason to heap abuse on the OP simply because he expressed an opinion you don't like.

I, for one, value the range of opinions expressed here on LH's (and others') products.
+1

And as mother always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say.........."
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:02 pm

Agreed, it is indeed quite a nice seat if traveling with a companion, all the F products I fly on now are great if you are interested in traveling solo..and no a "buddy" seat for dinner is not an equivalent. The old LH first seat is still very spacious and goes flat, its quite nice for working or relaxing but it just isn't a suite. So tired of these posts about these "maximizer" complaining while stuffing their faces, what is the old saying, money doesn't buy class... No different than when I see people taking photos of the airplane bathroom.... They probably want a suite so they can stuff their faces and keeping farting and shitting themselves after asking for seconds of everything on the plane...how embarrassing.
It's amusing that in the same post you write that "money doesn't buy class", then go on to use vulgar and inappropriate language that lacks any class whatsoever.

I am quite sure this language is not allowed on FT and should be deleted by the mod.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
It's amusing that in the same post you write that "money doesn't buy class", then go on to use vulgar and inappropriate language that lacks any class whatsoever.

I am quite sure this language is not allowed on FT and should be deleted by the mod.
I am sorry, honestly, I was reacting not so much at all to the OP but to this seemingly endless stream of threads about (slight or no exaggeration, but I think many get the point) how many ducks can I take from the FCT, how can I try all the meals instead of just one, is it sauve to wear my PJ top as evening wear so everyone knew I flew LH first, is it ok to go behind a check in desk to get a red boarding sleeve, and how I can have an FT party in the FCT and then refund all the tickets... my ever loving g-d, I love LH, think they have a great product and enjoy reading FT in my limited spare time but quite a bit of content in more recent times couldn't be much tackier.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
....So tired of these posts about these "maximizer" complaining while stuffing their faces, what is the old saying, money doesn't buy class... No different than when I see people taking photos of the airplane bathroom....XXX...how embarrassing.
The first-class cabin is an environment where access is controlled largely by cash, not by social cachet. Sneering at the behaviour of one's fellow passengers is surely the mark of an arriviste.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So tired of these posts about these "maximizer" complaining while stuffing their faces ... [rest of tirade deleted]

oh, I can take it, thanks. Plus it lets me know whose opinions to value and whose not to because clearly they have no concept of quality, are overly defensive or are just a big LH apologist.

Sorry, the "old" LH F seat is not good. It is not wide. The armrests don't go down, so you are semi-trapped in the coffin. There is little separation between your head and the aisle (no privacy). The seat doesn't go full flat, maybe 175 degrees at best. Maybe I had a bum seat but then so did the guy across the aisle. So that's not good. Even if the seat back went 180, you wouldn't have a flat surface because the seat cushion does not articulate (it's slanted slightly backward). And the design of the seat (nothing for the back to "rest" on means it bounces quite a bit in turbulence, amplifying the movement of the cabin. The armrest "storage" is awkward - both inside the armrest and on top of it.

Seriously, go try the CX F suite and then tell me the LH seat is okay. Even AA's FC seat is superior.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Seriously, go try the CX F suite and then tell me the LH seat is okay. Even AA's FC seat is superior.
The CX suite in my opinion is the best F seat around - by a wide margin. It is superior even to the new LH 747 seats or the new LX 330 seats. Mo doubt about this.
But compared to many other seats around the old LH seats (also my opinion) are acceptable, not great. I still prefer them over AA any time. The AA seat goes flat, but not in parallel to the aisle. Your head is very close to the aisle, and because the seat protrudes into the aisle people constantly bump into your seat. And i don't even want to mention the soft product. It is more like premium economy.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
The CX suite in my opinion is the best F seat around - by a wide margin. It is superior even to the new LH 747 seats or the new LX 330 seats. Mo doubt about this.
But compared to many other seats around the old LH seats (also my opinion) are acceptable, not great. I still prefer them over AA any time. The AA seat goes flat, but not in parallel to the aisle. Your head is very close to the aisle, and because the seat protrudes into the aisle people constantly bump into your seat. And i don't even want to mention the soft product. It is more like premium economy.
Yes, we know that the CX First Suite is great, thats not ground shattering information. The old LH first complete product (ground and on board) is superior to any NA airline in every way. In regards to others comments, yes the seat isnt private but when traveling with a business or other companion it is one of the few products left that allows one to travel "together." In the "old" days people did this, they conversed about things other than how to engorge themselves and find ways to dump fuel surcharges and photo shop elite cards to be status matched... the list goes on. I wonder what its like for some of the more professional crew to see these folks flying on their purchased US Airways points in FC and then complain about everything while at the same time trying to stuff a few spoons in their carry on
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:35 am

I am sorry, honestly, I was reacting not so much at all to the OP but to this seemingly endless stream of threads about (slight or no exaggeration, but I think many get the point) how many ducks can I take from the FCT, how can I try all the meals instead of just one, is it sauve to wear my PJ top as evening wear so everyone knew I flew LH first, is it ok to go behind a check in desk to get a red boarding sleeve, and how I can have an FT party in the FCT and then refund all the tickets... my ever loving g-d, I love LH, think they have a great product and enjoy reading FT in my limited spare time but quite a bit of content in more recent times couldn't be much tackier.
First, some (a lot?) of this maximizer conversation is tongue-in-cheek.

Second, the whole spirit of FT is to help one another get the most out of flying. We're people who love flying, probably much more so than the average business traveler. We want the best experience possible. Yet, airlines keep taking away the best parts of the flying experience - it used to be glamorous and enjoyable; now it's a hassle and uncomfortable. Some of the constant, seemingly trivial "maximizer" questions are a result of this transformation: we ask because we want to experience, as closely as possible, flying the way it used to be.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 1:50 pm

Yet, airlines keep taking away the best parts of the flying experience - it used to be glamorous and enjoyable; now it's a hassle and uncomfortable. Some of the constant, seemingly trivial "maximizer" questions are a result of this transformation: we ask because we want to experience, as closely as possible, flying the way it used to be.
this largely is the result of oversees paranoia, implementing more and more absolutely pointless security rules. that's why it's a hassle, for no other reason...
Old Oct 16, 2011, 2:22 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Then a mod decide to merge my thread into this big joke of a thread and perhaps the context was lost.
Excuse me! But this is not a big joke of a thread!
Otherwise it wouldn't have lasted this long.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 3:10 pm

I'd much rather have the option of dining with my companion than being forced to sleep next to a stranger.
I dunno, depends on the stranger!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.