Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I stil take photos (with my bberry) if I see something unusual, but have no time to write trip reports.

An example:
Great photo oliver!
Next time I am in the FCT I will be sure to get photos of everything missing
Old Jul 20, 2010, 5:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
What I want to film (not only photograph) is some über HONs or maximisers acting out in the FCL/T. That surely has entertainment value. And of course the Rambuster routine of trying out ringtones beside a VVIP who is talking on his phone in the quiet zone.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 6:37 am

Reading out aloud the newspaper is usually quite effective as well.^
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
Thanks for the tips. Now I will look like I belong!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Rambuster routine of trying out ringtones beside a VVIP who is talking on his phone in the quiet zone.
I really have to try this one on my next trip!! ^
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by synd
I really have to try this one on my next trip!! ^
I had to try this today in the muc fcl.
the guy gave me a really mean look, I gave him the "I am so sorry but I really have to do this now"-look back and then he got up and went somewhere else.
Unfortunately, as usual, karma is a b*tch and returned that little nastiness.

In AMS I got so groped by the sec guy. He did not use a wand anymore, he touched, let me rephrase that, groped and fondled me with his bare hands. Pressing hard against all parts of my body, went with his fingers to check the inside of the waist band... The inseam of both legs, starting both times between my crotch and the beginning of my leg.
That left me both confused and a bit sexually disoriented.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by mamb0
I had to try this today in the muc fcl.
the guy gave me a really mean look, I gave him the "I am so sorry but I really have to do this now"-look back and then he got up and went somewhere else.
Unfortunately, as usual, karma is a b*tch and returned that little nastiness.

In AMS I got so groped by the sec guy. He did not use a wand anymore, he touched, let me rephrase that, groped and fondled me with his bare hands. Pressing hard against all parts of my body, went with his fingers to check the inside of the waist band... The inseam of both legs, starting both times between my crotch and the beginning of my leg.
That left me both confused and a bit sexually disoriented.
But at least the phone trick worked !
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:29 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mamb0
In AMS I got so groped by the sec guy.
I thought it only happened in FRA.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
You forgot the mandatory sampling of all 83 varieties of Scotch in the Cigar Lounge.

Other than that, this list can at least be considered a start. Keep it coming, so we can turn this into a sticky! ^
complain that the LH didn't give you a carry on flask for scotch so you can have a nip to while away the hours before customs clearance
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:25 pm

As an LH F pax you should be allowed to set up a Top Gear style race track at the airport and race around in the shuttle vehicle for a few laps. Of couurse the vehicle will need to be a Benz Black edition or a Ferrari.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A new "real life" maximizer situation- apparently, a few passengers are taking the hangers for the clothes from F- presumably because they have the Lufthansa logo on them? No idea, but it is causing problems where there are not enough hangers on the return flights from outstations. Strangest maximizing behaviour I have heard of yet.... A lufthansa hanger??? Really?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
A new "real life" maximizer situation- apparently, a few passengers are taking the hangers for the clothes from F- presumably because they have the Lufthansa logo on them? No idea, but it is causing problems where there are not enough hangers on the return flights from outstations. Strangest maximizing behaviour I have heard of yet.... A lufthansa hanger??? Really?
Come on, all the people that didn't sleep well during the flight will look way better during the long business day if they wear the hangar in their coat that helps them to stand and walk straight until they finally get one with the hotel bed
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I've never seen First Class hangers.* In C you have a hanger in the pocket in front of your seat which is a nuisance if you don't need to use it. But in First I thought FAs came to take your coat/jacket away and return it before landing so you don't need to touch any hangers?

However, on the A380 a garment bag or similar for clothes that each guest will be able to take home has been mentioned. Has anyone got hold of one of these? Or perhaps you can take away the bag but not the hanger?

* unless you go to the closet and help yourself to one.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:41 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
However, on the A380 a garment bag or similar for clothes that each guest will be able to take home has been mentioned. Has anyone got hold of one of these? Or perhaps you can take away the bag but not the hanger?
I was recently in F on D-AIMA.
While exploring the F-Cabin after boarding, the FA told me (without even asking or looking at it), that I could take the garment bag with me if I want (btw. nothing special, just "Lufthansa First Class" written on it).
In the cabinet in front of or behind the seats there're also 2 LH-branded hangers, robust and of good quality. I doubt they're there to be taken home.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Hippo72
I was recently in F on D-AIMA.
While exploring the F-Cabin after boarding, the FA told me (without even asking or looking at it), that I could take the garment bag with me if I want (btw. nothing special, just "Lufthansa First Class" written on it).
In the cabinet in front of or behind the seats there're also 2 LH-branded hangers, robust and of good quality. I doubt they're there to be taken home.
Do you mean you are expected to hang your jacket yourself?

It looks like you have to be a maximiser on the A380 to take away LH-branded hangers. I wonder how long before they start appearing on eBay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.