Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I don't think it is surprising to get bad food on LH F. In my experience it varies from great to very poor. The service and cabin/seat are excellent though.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I don't think it is surprising to get bad food on LH F. In my experience it varies from great to very poor. The service and cabin/seat are excellent though.
I was just surprised at how bad it was. Also the food in the MUC lounge was just as terrible, but I guess that is to be expected from LSG SkyChefs.

On the other hand, the food in the LX F Terminal E lounge was incredible. Far better than even the Do & Co food in the FRA FCT.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
Post something in this thread so everyone knows you flew first class...
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dschaimz
Post something in this thread so everyone knows you flew first class...
I'll post my full TR soon.

But I visited the FRA FCT, LX F Terminal E lounge, and new LH F lounge at MUC T2S.

Here's a photo I took of the tea stand at the LH F lounge at MUC T2S. Pretty sure it's only at MUC as I didn't see it at FRA.

Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by daumueller
That will be an interesting Lounge anyway - the way I read it, it is open to all international premium customers? How will they - literally - fit there?
It's being significantly expanded.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Next week I`m arriving in FRA in LH F.
I`m going to book my connecting LH flight (Schengen) on a separate ticket.

Want to access the FCT, but saw in the rules on the website that they only offer FCT access if the connecting flight is on a through ticket.
`Passengers who are catching a connecting flight to their First Class flight have access to the First Class amenities provided that their First Class journey was a through booking`

Anyone an idea how strictly that through ticket rule is enforced?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by fbruno
Next week I`m arriving in FRA in LH F.
I`m going to book my connecting LH flight (Schengen) on a separate ticket.

Want to access the FCT, but saw in the rules on the website that they only offer FCT access if the connecting flight is on a through ticket.
`Passengers who are catching a connecting flight to their First Class flight have access to the First Class amenities provided that their First Class journey was a through booking`

Anyone an idea how strictly that through ticket rule is enforced?
I have done this last time in 2013 and had absolutely no problems. I think you should be fine. Alternately you can always use the FCLs.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I have done this last time in 2013 and had absolutely no problems. I think you should be fine. Alternately you can always use the FCLs.
The language in the FCT T&Cs changed a couple of weeks ago. Therefore it might not work.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by zara
The language in the FCT T&Cs changed a couple of weeks ago. Therefore it might not work.
I flew LH F (after the FCT T&C language change) and had a layover in FRA on a non-through ticket (separate PNRs).

I was still able to access the FCT. YMMV.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:09 pm

Flying LH J BOS<>TXL in mid-December on a UA award, and I'm toying with the idea of blowing the extra miles for F on the return. I had read that LH F was only worthwhile on such a short flight if I use the FCT, but unfortunately the only routing that makes sense with my schedule is via MUC. On the plus side, MUC>BOS generally has great award availability, so that currently seems to be the best option.

I've heard there's a new FCL at MUC that's significantly better than the old one. Can someone point me to a review/comparison? Will I be driven there directly from my TXL>MUC flight? And if that isn't an option, can I walk to the "good" FCL, or is it potentially inaccessible depending on my gate(s)? I know some areas of European airports are off-limits due to Schengen rules that I've never fully understood.

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Flying LH J BOS<>TXL in mid-December on a UA award, and I'm toying with the idea of blowing the extra miles for F on the return. I had read that LH F was only worthwhile on such a short flight if I use the FCT, but unfortunately the only routing that makes sense with my schedule is via MUC. On the plus side, MUC>BOS generally has great award availability, so that currently seems to be the best option.

I've heard there's a new FCL at MUC that's significantly better than the old one. Can someone point me to a review/comparison? Will I be driven there directly from my TXL>MUC flight? And if that isn't an option, can I walk to the "good" FCL, or is it potentially inaccessible depending on my gate(s)? I know some areas of European airports are off-limits due to Schengen rules that I've never fully understood.

Thanks!
I'm going to toot my own horn here and offer my Trip Report which will compare the FCT and T2S LH F lounges.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post27521002

The MUC T2S LH F lounge was thoroughly unspectacular. The food was very disappointing although it was a nice space. The FCT is absolutely worth going to however.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I'm going to toot my own horn here and offer my Trip Report which will compare the FCT and T2S LH F lounges.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post27521002

The MUC T2S LH F lounge was thoroughly unspectacular. The food was very disappointing although it was a nice space. The FCT is absolutely worth going to however.
Thanks very much. I'll hope to see that comparison soon.

Maybe I picked the wrong leg to upgrade. If I can get an F seat BOS>FRA, will I definitely be admitted to the FCT upon arrival, as I await my FRA>TXL connection? It bothers me that LH's own written rules say this isn't allowed, though the consensus seems to be universal that passengers in this situation are admitted.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:08 pm

Thanks very much. I'll hope to see that comparison soon.

Maybe I picked the wrong leg to upgrade. If I can get an F seat BOS>FRA, will I definitely be admitted to the FCT upon arrival, as I await my FRA>TXL connection? It bothers me that LH's own written rules say this isn't allowed, though the consensus seems to be universal that passengers in this situation are admitted.
See my post here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27530293-post368.html

It appears that there's no practical change, but there haven't been any other datapoints besides mine.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: LH HON
It bothers me that LH's own written rules say this isn't allowed, though the consensus seems to be universal that passengers in this situation are admitted.
If FRA-TXL is part of the same ticket as BOS-FRA, then of course you can use the FCT.
The new rule only applies to connecting flights which are booked on seperate tickets
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by zara
If FRA-TXL is part of the same ticket as BOS-FRA, then of course you can use the FCT.
I recognize that's the universal consensus here, as I mentioned, but LH's rules explicitly disallow using the FCT as a transfer lounge between the conclusion of the passenger's segment in F and an intra-European segment in J.

I'm a stickler when it comes to rules -- as are many on FT! -- and so it disturbs me that LH would put passengers in a position in which their own rules are flouted. They should make clear that the FCT can be used in this fashion, as long as the passenger is willing to exit the main terminal and make his/her way there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.