Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
I recognize that's the universal consensus here, as I mentioned, but LH's rules explicitly disallow using the FCT as a transfer lounge between the conclusion of the passenger's segment in F and an intra-European segment in J.

I'm a stickler when it comes to rules -- as are many on FT! -- and so it disturbs me that LH would put passengers in a position in which their own rules are flouted. They should make clear that the FCT can be used in this fashion, as long as the passenger is willing to exit the main terminal and make his/her way there.
So that means, you would agree that things, like the following since they are actually laws / rules?

[redacted]
and the list goes on....

All of this to point out that I am sorry but I don't agree with you. You have to use common sense. We're all gifted upon birth with a brain for a reason! And no I refuse to be a sheep and just follow blindly what I am told I should. Whats the problem in going to FCT and asking to get in? if you do, better for you, if you don't tough luck and you'll have done some excercise...

Nothing wrong in asking imo, especially since it was never explicitly disallowed from the opening date of the fct, until recently.

Heck I wouldn't even ask, I would just show my BP's and see their reaction. If they turn me down, no biggie. I will just walk back to the FCL. Personnally imo the FCL's are just as nice as the FCT.

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 29, 2016 at 2:04 am Reason: removed unecessary list of rules
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by synd
All of this to point out that I am sorry but I don't agree with you. You have to use common sense. We're all gifted upon birth with a brain for a reason! And no I refuse to be a sheep and just follow blindly what I am told I should. Whats the problem in going to FCT and asking to get in? if you do, better for you, if you don't tough luck and you'll have done some excercise...
I get the feeling this rant made more sense in the original German.

Suffice it to say I won't be bothering this forum again in the future!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Hi Guys,

Hope to write in the right section...
I have 50000 award miles on A3 and I'd like to book a flight in F (I would never pay for a F ticket and never experienced F before, this flight would cost 10000 euro if paid).
I was considering HKG - MUC - FCO on LH, I called A3 and there's the availability for one of the dates I would consider. I would buy 20000 miles and pay 131 Euro tax.

My concern is... I'd like to experience the first class terminal in MUC (or FRA) and, for what I understood I would not be able to get the F lounge access if I'm on an arrival flight...

Is it worth for you guys pay more tax and book a F ticket FCO-MUC-HKG instead and experience the Lufthansa first class terminal ?

Any suggestions?

Second option...I was considering an award ticket with TG in J on the new a350.. which would only cost me tax plus 5000 miles only ..

How would you guys deal with this?

Thank you very much for your suggestions
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by fedeflyer
My concern is... I'd like to experience the first class terminal in MUC (or FRA) and, for what I understood I would not be able to get the F lounge access if I'm on an arrival flight...
As an arriving passenger in LH F, you can use the LH First Class Lounges in both MUC and FRA.

The First Class Terminal in FRA is meant for departing passengers only, but in my opinion it is not much superior to the First Class Lounges, if at all. In fact, the food is identical and I personally like the lounges better, as there are now FCLs in both MUC and FRA that have a tarmac view, as opposed to the FCT that has only a view of the road leading up to the terminal...

Enjoy!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by worldclubber
As an arriving passenger in LH F, you can use the LH First Class Lounges in both MUC and FRA.

The First Class Terminal in FRA is meant for departing passengers only, but in my opinion it is not much superior to the First Class Lounges, if at all. In fact, the food is identical and I personally like the lounges better, as there are now FCLs in both MUC and FRA that have a tarmac view, as opposed to the FCT that has only a view of the road leading up to the terminal...

Enjoy!
Also as an arriving passenger with a connection, he can use the FCT.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Was flying HND-FRA last week. during meal service, F/A noticed that my rose was a bit dried up (perhaps it had roundtripped). He removed it and brought me a fresh one.

Count me impressed.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Was flying HND-FRA last week. during meal service, F/A noticed that my rose was a bit dried up (perhaps it had roundtripped). He removed it and brought me a fresh one.

Count me impressed.
That's nice
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
Just if the connection flight is on the same day of the trip in F. At least that's what their website says..
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:03 pm

Enjoy!
Actually you are right, I watched some videos online of the First class lounge in Munich and it looks impressive. I would go for that one... :P
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by daumueller
Experience has shown that he can, although the airline discourages the use of the FCT for connecting passengers. On top of that, the new rules implemented late last year only allow access to the FCT during connections if a following short-haul flight is in the same booking as the arriving long-haul flght in First. Would simply go to the FCL instead.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by fedeflyer
Actually you are right, I watched some videos online of the First class lounge in Munich and it looks impressive. I would go for that one... :P
Have been there a couple of times since it opened and found it very nice. Highlights are the view of the apron and the outdoor patio, at least for me. Food and drink are pretty much the same as in the old MUC lounge that lacked any kind of view.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Experience has shown that he can, although the airline discourages the use of the FCT for connecting passengers.
I hope they wouldn't turn you away if you rocked up at FTC [as a connecting passenger entitled to access].
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
I hope they wouldn't turn you away if you rocked up at FTC [as a connecting passenger entitled to access].
If you are entitled to access, i.e. connecting on the same ticket as your F flight, they would not turn you away; if your connecting flight is on a separate ticket, you couldn't blame them to enforce the rules...
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: M&M
Flying FMO-FRA-BLR on LH 63 and LH754 in F. Since LH754 generally leaves from gates C, which F lounge would be more convenient, FCL A or FCL B? Or should I instead walk to FCT, since I have a little under 5 hours between my flights and going to FCT would ensure that I will be driven to the aircraft.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by thirdfromright
Flying FMO-FRA-BLR on LH 63 and LH754 in F. Since LH754 generally leaves from gates C, which F lounge would be more convenient, FCL A or FCL B? Or should I instead walk to FCT, since I have a little under 5 hours between my flights and going to FCT would ensure that I will be driven to the aircraft.
Since this is this Maximize thread, the proper answer is to hit one or both of the FCLs, collect a duck at each, then walk to the FCT and get another duck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.