Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Do you mean you are expected to hang your jacket yourself?
No, I don't think so!
Did not have something to hang up but the FA's on this flight were very courteous and tried to take care of everything. And at least I saw that they distributed jackets shortly before landing, so I assume that they helped the other 6 Pax hanging up.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hippo72
No, I don't think so!
Did not have something to hang up but the FA's on this flight were very courteous and tried to take care of everything. And at least I saw that they distributed jackets shortly before landing, so I assume that they helped the other 6 Pax hanging up.
They usually are on flights to/from NRT especially in First - sometimes excessively attentive.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
I've never seen First Class hangers.* In C you have a hanger in the pocket in front of your seat which is a nuisance if you don't need to use it. But in First I thought FAs came to take your coat/jacket away and return it before landing so you don't need to touch any hangers?

However, on the A380 a garment bag or similar for clothes that each guest will be able to take home has been mentioned. Has anyone got hold of one of these? Or perhaps you can take away the bag but not the hanger?

* unless you go to the closet and help yourself to one.
There was a suit garment bag, I did not see if the bag or hanger had a logo on it, (nor did I care)
This was enough to keep me maximized while on board:
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rolov
Did you get the iPad as amenity in F too?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hdogan
Did you get the iPad as amenity in F too?
It had an LH logo so I "borrowed" it from the FCL
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
There was a suit garment bag, I did not see if the bag or hanger had a logo on it, (nor did I care)
So cute! But what happened to the duckies? I have only seen the 'original' yellow duckies in Frankfurt but no special editions and MUC has only very tiny duckies now... Any Christmas duckies back on duty?

Should we warn fellow travelers which lounges not to use in order to avoid any non-ability to maximize? ;-)
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
So cute! But what happened to the duckies? I have only seen the 'original' yellow duckies in Frankfurt but no special editions and MUC has only very tiny duckies now... Any Christmas duckies back on duty?

Should we warn fellow travelers which lounges not to use in order to avoid any non-ability to maximize? ;-)
The Christmas Duckie arrived in late November, I was at the FCL B and they gave one to a little kid, the PA said these aren't available until tomorrow.
So on my next flight (this past weekend) I ordered a special meal in F

*Maximizers should be aware that there are impostor plain duckies are sometimes still being handed out at the lounges by the staff even during this time when the Christmas ones are around.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The Christmas Duckie arrived in late November, I was at the FCL B and they gave one to a little kid, the PA said these aren't available until tomorrow.
Here's one from the FCT a few weeks ago.

Old Dec 22, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
In other words, special meals are another way of maximizing ;-)
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Can they possibly provide hot towels that aren't overly scented with something that smells like cheap cologne? How about just a plain hot towel without any scent at all?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:17 am

Start complaining why F class passengers HAVE to pass through security!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: EK G, BD G, CO G, FB G, LH SEN, IHG Plat Amb, Shangri-La Jade
I've never seen First Class hangers.* In C you have a hanger in the pocket in front of your seat which is a nuisance if you don't need to use it. But in First I thought FAs came to take your coat/jacket away and return it before landing so you don't need to touch any hangers?

However, on the A380 a garment bag or similar for clothes that each guest will be able to take home has been mentioned. Has anyone got hold of one of these? Or perhaps you can take away the bag but not the hanger?

* unless you go to the closet and help yourself to one.
I can confirm this, but want to stress I did have a good reason to take the bag and hanger!
I flew JNB-FRA on a Friday night and was in a suit. Got changed into pyjamas and slept until the seat belt sign had come on, so no time to change back. I did ask if it was ok to take, and was told "of course"
Then had a shower in the FCL and partially changed back (pyjama top was good enough to wear in the day!)
I hadn't thought of ebaying it, until now! Any estimates on what it'll fetch?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFraudster
I can confirm this, but want to stress I did have a good reason to take the bag and hanger!
I flew JNB-FRA on a Friday night and was in a suit. Got changed into pyjamas and slept until the seat belt sign had come on, so no time to change back. I did ask if it was ok to take, and was told "of course"
Then had a shower in the FCL and partially changed back (pyjama top was good enough to wear in the day!)
I hadn't thought of ebaying it, until now! Any estimates on what it'll fetch?
Seatbelt signs DO NOT apply to F pax !
Old Jul 14, 2011, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
yep, i'm usually changing 5 mins before the wheels touch down... all part of F maximizing of course...
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Haha, that's what I was surprised to see on my recent BOS-MUC flight, most pax woke up when the seatbelt sign was turned on and of course a lot of them went to change.

I could not imagine on LX F with one restroom between 8 pax, since each takes more than 5 min.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.