Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 3:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The staff were at wits end.
They attempted to manage the situation.
Some customers create the problem. It is inappropriate. I would have said something, however my travelling companion said "Don't" in a way that led me to believe it was better just to leave the lounge You can win the battle but lose the war....
Or try the Rambuster way of things: if soeone talks on the cellphone beside you, experiment with your ringtone selection till he gets irritated.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Or try the Rambuster way of things: if soeone talks on the cellphone beside you, experiment with your ringtone selection till he gets irritated.
Oh... wow... I was thinking of booting up my laptop and listening to Michael Boulton videos at high volume- however you may have a winner here with the Rambuster comment...
Of course- what I really want is just the "direct connect" flights.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:17 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
I am just catching this thread for the first time and having a fit, with my morning cuppa tea coming out of my nose as I realize I have not laughed this much at an FT thread in a very long time! Kudos to all the posts and of course, especially to the OP.

Make me wonder if I should spend my hard earned Dividend Miles on a LH First experience...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
Make me wonder if I should spend my hard earned Dividend Miles on a LH First experience...
Welcome to the "Maximiser Club™" ^
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:55 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
This didn't happen in the F lounge but at check-in in PRG last week -

Get in line at the C/F check in desk, bring a long a colleague flying in Y, and then very loudly in German (substitue any other language) assuming either that the staff (Czeck) or other pax even understand you " can't understand why people would fly in holzklasse (wood class)," then complain loudly that you have to wait, and it turns out the pax was burning miles PRG MUC.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by nswat
Get in line at the C/F check in desk, bring a long a colleague flying in Y, and then very loudly in German (substitue any other language) assuming either that the staff (Czeck) or other pax even understand you " can't understand why people would fly in holzklasse (wood class)," then complain loudly that you have to wait, and it turns out the pax was burning miles PRG MUC.
So basically, this was an idiot on ALL accounts. ^
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by flysurfer
So basically, this was an idiot on ALL accounts. ^
A "believer' perhaps, not an outright demented person. Having faith that C or F on PRG-FRA will differ substantially from Y is at very best naive.
Old May 1, 2010, 4:19 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome to the "Maximiser Club™" ^
I have no regrets. I can add another thing to do to maximize the experience.

Have a long bath and forget about the next flight until they bang on the door to get you!

Was inadvertently guilty of that due to the mixup over times a couple of trips ago. 1045 AM flight was told 1045 pickup, resulted in a near miss experience!

Still it was frightening at first to be driven to the apron after security away from all the parked planes (thought we were going to a German cell for delaying the plane) until I realized that we were the last to board. The feeling of getting to the plane at 10.42, climbing the steps with the door closing and the engines starting at once and taking off made up for it.
Old May 4, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
- complain about the FA's English.
- complain that the FAs do not want to listen to your full life story.
- complain about the poor selection of US newspapers
- wonder why your partner travelling Y is not allowed to join you in F
Ich weiss nicht. I lerne gern Deutsch und das Reden mit der FAs auf Deutsch gef:allt mir. (I don't know. I like studying German and the speaking with the FAs in German pleases me.) ^
Old May 30, 2010, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Steal all the Champagne glasses in the lounges for your home.
(As can be seen in STR where all the Champagne glasses have been stolen one by one and have now been enhanced).

Thanks tcswede for highlighting this one.
Old May 30, 2010, 5:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
(As can be seen in STR where all the Champagne glasses have been stolen one by one and have now been enhanced).
Enhanced in what way? Plastic cups?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:35 pm

Complain that the FA uses a metal spoon to dish out the caviar, then complain that mother of pearl spoons are not provided to each passenger for it.
Hey, if Air Tahiti Nui can do it (and a matching mother of pearl spoon rest and dish for the caviar), why can't LH?

Also , complain that there are no proper martini glasses onboard!

Last edited by Flyingfox; Jun 29, 2010 at 2:41 pm
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Complain that the FA uses a metal spoon to dish out the caviar, then complain that mother of pearl spoons are not provided to each passenger for it.
Hey, if Air Tahiti Nui can do it (and a matching mother of pearl spoon rest and dish for the caviar), why can't LH?

we had this discussion already and we came to the conclusion that mop spoons are for sissies, or do i recall this wrong?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by mamb0
we had this discussion already and we came to the conclusion that mop spoons are for sissies, or do i recall this wrong?
What is a mop?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingfox

LH uses plastic spoons to serve caviar in order to prevent the alleged oxidation.
However, to out oneself as a true maximimiser ask for a metal spoon !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.