Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by dre_techie
Haha, that's what I was surprised to see on my recent BOS-MUC flight, most pax woke up when the seatbelt sign was turned on and of course a lot of them went to change.

I could not imagine on LX F with one restroom between 8 pax, since each takes more than 5 min.
I've changed clothes on LX 5 mins to landing too. You just need to be the last one to wake up. (That's my speciality!)
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Seatbelt signs DO NOT apply to F pax !
I have made the same impression. In Y they are really strict about the seatbelt and the recline of your seat. Well, with more than 200 pax, they need to be. In C (at least with United, I do not have too much C experience with LH) and definitly with F, they do not care at all. Use electronics, get up whenever you want, recline your seat for start and landing, they just don't really care.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FTMucGer
...recline your seat for start and landing, they just don't really care.
Recent seats such as LH A380 F have a green light which comes on when the seat is upright for take-off and landing. They may not care but it's hard for them not to notice.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: aeroplan
How about getting all your fellow F class passengers dressed in their Van Laak P.J.'s, then all walk thru. C and Y in a line while sneering at the "lower Class" folks!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by dre_techie
I could not imagine on LX F with one restroom between 8 pax, since each takes more than 5 min.
And if there is a lady inside then double that time
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by LH/LX
And if there is a lady inside then double that time
A lady inside what?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
First (probably only) time in the FCT

Ok, so I'm in the FCT with an intentionally-scheduled 4 hour layover between VIE and ORD... my first time here.

Overall, it's very impressive. The fawning personal assistants are great (although my wife's question was: what are the assisting with? )...
The atmosphere is very lux... and on a Sunday afternoon there is no one here. No gesturing Italians. No Americans speaking loudly about their net worth. No DYKWIA SENs (unless I count) pacing about. A very lovely way to spend 4 hours.

The tub is awesome. Although they were out of Quietschenten! My one chance to score a rubbie duckie lost...

But, as I mentioned elsewhere... not *one* Pinot Noir/Spätburgunder on the wine list! Even the SEN lounge at JFK always has a passable Spätburgunder from Meßmer...

So now that I've been to the mountaintop (well, I still have my flight to go, but...)...

I'd say that anybody who's experience the SEN lounge at JFK (or someplace comparable...) and the Welcome Lounge at FRA has gotten maybe 70% of the feeling of the FCT. To be sure, the FCT is nicer, the food is definitely better, the wines (marginally) better. And I am sure those who are into whiskey will be infinitely happier at the FCT...

Do I wish I could always travel this way? Well, sure, what's not to like?

Is it like eating a starred Michelin restaurant or staying at the Plaza in New York? No, definitely not. At base, it's still an airport lounge, albeit a superb one.

I'm definitely glad I blew the 50K miles to have the experience, though!
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by econprof
The fawning personal assistants are great (although my wife's question was: what are the assisting with? )
So glad you enjoyed it. But I've never thought the PA's are "fawning." Actually, unobtrusive and only appear when needed with documents, limo ride, etc.

They respected my privacy, which I really appreciated.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: Miles & More;
I wasn`t sure where to post this picture i took yesterday - but i guess this is the right thread for it:

Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:07 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
So this is why there were no ducks in FRA yesterday....
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:09 am

Programs: Miles & More;
Originally Posted by econprof
So this is why there were no ducks in FRA yesterday....
Seems like that - they all went to Salzburg. (Hiding in plain sight behind a window)
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Not sure how you get to that conclusion?
It is wide and goes full flat. It is quite comfortable IMO. Good lumbar control and excellent storage in the armrest. It is certainly not a suite, but not sure what is wrong with it
The middle seats are good for traveling as a couple - as good as any airline I can think of including BA or TG.
+1
Perhaps OP should go back to CO or AA.

Last edited by SFO777; Oct 15, 2011 at 1:09 pm
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Not sure how you get to that conclusion?

It is wide and goes full flat. It is quite comfortable IMO. Good lumbar control and excellent storage in the armrest. It is certainly not a suite, but not sure what is wrong with it

The middle seats are good for traveling as a couple - as good as any airline I can think of including BA or TG.
Agreed, it is indeed quite a nice seat if traveling with a companion, all the F products I fly on now are great if you are interested in traveling solo..and no a "buddy" seat for dinner is not an equivalent. The old LH first seat is still very spacious and goes flat, its quite nice for working or relaxing but it just isn't a suite. So tired of these posts about these "maximizer" complaining while stuffing their faces, what is the old saying, money doesn't buy class... No different than when I see people taking photos of the airplane bathroom.... They probably want a suite so they can stuff their faces after asking for seconds of everything on the plane...how embarrassing.

Last edited by BOSton Traveller; Oct 16, 2011 at 9:02 am Reason: pulling it together
Old Oct 15, 2011, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Just to be clear, I was joking about the 3 appetizers. (Well, sort of).

But glad to hear they have flexi-dining.
No joking!
You have a moral obligation to try all three or they will end up in the trash!

You remember what mother always said about wasting food............

Anyone who is skeptical can ask the FA personally on his next flight!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
They load an "etagerie", or 3-tiered rack, or whatever you'd like to call it, for EACH passenger.
It sounds like you haven't been on flights to/from Japan which are étagère-free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.