Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Perhaps you do the Sheraton after complaining that your Schnitzel or Leberkäs is undercooked and thus you cannot fly on the same day, so then LH must book you a room at the Kempinski, and then demand that since it is only a day room they must book you a suite at the Sheraton for the night. You can then arrive back at the FCT at 0530 for the following day's flight and repeat the enhancement process.

Last edited by Jgish; Jan 18, 2010 at 12:21 pm
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Thanks Rambuster
- Complain about not getting 83a
Careful. Some people worship a deity. Others have 83A (or K).
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold, UA 1P , Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
we forgot:
  • once you made your way into the FCT start a loudish webcam conference on skype and let all your friend know about the experience.
  • Forget your suitcase at the FCT, go back and do the car ride twice @:-). Don't forget to complain about the S Class and let the driver know that even Air Asia offers its passengers the same service with a Maybach
  • Walk down from F to the Y section wearing your favorite t-shirt labelled "Eure Armut kotzt mich an"
  • Take at least one F blanket home with you
  • Please also put HON priority tags on your handluggage. Better take 2 per item, you never know.
Dankeschoen, sie haben mich gerade herzlich zum Lachen gebracht./ Thanks, you just made me lough hard!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Not sure why everyone is making up stories here... I always have a good time...

- Upon arrival at the FCT, I shout "Where the hell is my glass of champagne? Has anyone died?". I then proceed to the screening where
- I usually fight with the screening guys over my baby food glasses (filled with champagne....)Once in the FCT,
- I insist on sitting in an armchair that’s already occupied.
- After the vacate the Cigar Lounge for my personal use, I complain about the smoke.
- I have dayrooms blocked for all duckies traveling with me
- I demand "Please rebook my ticket!" and whenever they ask me "What would you like to change, sir?", I shout back: "Don't bother me with the details of your incompetency!"
- I tell all staff - and I mean all - that Wolfgang M. is totally in love with me and would leave his wife any second for me.
- I pick up the doggy bags with six bottles of champagne - "My cats will be so grateful!"
- Once on the way to the aircraft, I let the driver know that I am allergic to Macadamia nuts and expect a nut-free environment on board.
- After boarding, I take my favourite seat 2A muttering something about a National Disgrace and will only switch off my mobile after I complained to Wolfgang about another sub-standard experience.

Love my Lufthansa...
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I nearly forgot about this one:
On last weeks flight the guy sitting next to me (SEN on F award) asked the FA for TOMORROWs newspaper - not today's, as he had already read that one !

The silly excuse that tomorrows paper had not been printed yet was not accepted by this chap and he shook his head and mumbled something.

I subsequently asked the FA for next week's lottery numbers. However they turned out to be wrong too. A disgrace !
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:00 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I subsequently asked the FA for next week's lottery numbers. However they turned out to be wrong too. A disgrace !
Nuke 'em!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
On last weeks flight the guy sitting next to me (SEN on F award) asked the FA for TOMORROWs newspaper - not today's, as he had already read that one !
Hey, no need to belittle SEN on F award! Sometimes they have yesterday's newspaper so why not tomorrow's ?

So HON on €1000 F tix > SEN on F award ?

Nuke 'em!
Watch your language on the internet.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Hey, no need to belittle SEN on F award! Sometimes they have yesterday's newspaper so why not tomorrow's ?

So HON on €1000 F tix > SEN on F award ?
Not belittling SENs - only this nutter!

...my own customer attractiveness factor will probably soon be negative !
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
...my own customer attractiveness factor will probably soon be negative !
Good to know you are still positively attractive. ^

How about:

- Ask for the type of tix each pax in the F cabin is travelling on (with price paid if appropriate, or FFP miles used) so you can ensure you receive the level of service appropriate for the tix you hold.
- The information should also include their FFP and status.
- Ask for a list of pecking order, e.g. F&F > HON on full fare revenue tix > SEN on M&M award tix > *G on US Dividend Miles award ...

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 19, 2010 at 1:33 am
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Too much Krug champagne?

pd I swear, it was not me!!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:08 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Well, I have to say I was offered Tomorrow's newspaper (SZ) on my last MUC-HKG flight. P1 walked through F and C and offered it to everybody there. I could hear her asking: "Süddeutsche von morgen" and then she came into Y and offered it to selected people only (most of them I had discovered to be status customers as well, she had a little list and just a few left)

Basically, we left on a Monday night, so everybody had gotten the Monday issue before the flight and into the flight she had the first issue (this is like a 8 pm print) of the Tuesday SZ.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:33 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Well, I have to say I was offered Tomorrow's newspaper (SZ) on my last MUC-HKG flight. P1 walked through F and C and offered it to everybody there. I could hear her asking: "Süddeutsche von morgen" and then she came into Y and offered it to selected people only (most of them I had discovered to be status customers as well, she had a little list and just a few left)

Basically, we left on a Monday night, so everybody had gotten the Monday issue before the flight and into the flight she had the first issue (this is like a 8 pm print) of the Tuesday SZ.
Can often happen in this region of the planet, too where flying across the dateline provides wonderful stories like this, especially on short flights just across.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Can often happen in this region of the planet, too where flying across the dateline provides wonderful stories like this, especially on short flights just across.
Here you do not need to cross the dateline. Tomorrows FAZ or SZ on a late flight ex FRA or MUC is not a really big deal. I am surprised that Rambuster was so surprised.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:54 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Here you do not need to cross the dateline. Tomorrows FAZ or SZ on a late flight ex FRA or MUC is not a really big deal. I am surprised that Rambuster was so surprised.
Same here. I rarely fly east from Germany, but my two or three BKK departures ex FRA indeed had next day newspapers on board. Rambuster is that much in love with the LH F seat, he starts sleeping as soon on board.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Well, I have to say I was offered Tomorrow's newspaper (SZ) on my last MUC-HKG flight..
This is considered an "enhancement" and maximization of one's experience, as the newspaper is really designed to line the floor to catch the ordure from whichever yacking lap dog has inhabited the cabin. Today's paper would not do, as it would have already been used. Those go to the pax in whY.

It is also intended to enhance one's bedding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.