COVID-19 cancellation policy

Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cancelled a BKK-ICN ticket on their app more than 3 weeks ago. They said to expect funds back to my card within a week. I still haven't received the funds. I would prefer not to have to wait on hold for hours to fix this issue. Do you think that I still have a chance to get this money back by waiting or will I need to bite the bullet and call?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:52 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I cancelled a BKK-ICN ticket on their app more than 3 weeks ago. They said to expect funds back to my card within a week. I still haven't received the funds. I would prefer not to have to wait on hold for hours to fix this issue. Do you think that I still have a chance to get this money back by waiting or will I need to bite the bullet and call?
I would wait. So many refunds, as long as you got a message/email anything with "Refund processed." Typically (at least here in Korea) - I got a text message with my Refund Confirmation Number and "refund processing." Then I got a message stating the refund amount of XXX confirmed." Did you get anything like that? I certainly wouldn't call now, especially if you know you will get the refund for sure.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
I would wait. So many refunds, as long as you got a message/email anything with "Refund processed." Typically (at least here in Korea) - I got a text message with my Refund Confirmation Number and "refund processing." Then I got a message stating the refund amount of XXX confirmed." Did you get anything like that? I certainly wouldn't call now, especially if you know you will get the refund for sure.
I've got a screenshot of the cancel/Refund page that lists both the ticket number and a "refund request number". I guess I'll just keep waiting and hope eventually it comes through.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was told 2-4 weeks. It's been just over 2, nothing has shown up.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 10:21 pm

I've got a screenshot of the cancel/Refund page that lists both the ticket number and a "refund request number". I guess I'll just keep waiting and hope eventually it comes through.
Ah yes then you're "good" in the eyes of the system. It will get there eventually.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Diamond
Really confused now-a refund for my travel companion's ticket posted over night to my CC, but is back-dated to the 20th. My ticket on the same PNR hasn't posted yet. Anyone else see this? Maybe I need to call back in to verify both tickets are set to be refunded correctly?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:08 pm

How the heck is anyone getting through to KE?
They finally cancelled one segment of my award ticket, so now I'm trying to get the points refunded without the penalty, but the US line is busy (as it has been for the past month).
Cyberchat is offline.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:22 pm

Yesterday I called it was about 1 hour hold time (I called the Chinese line ,but I think it transfers to Singapore). Pretty crazy, because Delta has had no hold time the 3 times I have called, but Korean you can't get through.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:47 pm

Has anyone actually gotten a refund?
I cancelled 4 weeks ago and they told me it would be 2-4 weeks to process the refund but I still didn't get the refund.
I am wondering if they are actually backlogged or instead short on cash and stalling. At some point I guess I could try a credit card chargeback, but I don't want to do that unless I have to.
Thanks for any insight.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:09 am

I checked with them again and now they are saying it would be 6-8 weeks. Not a good sign...
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:49 am

OK so I tried yesterday (going to get a huge phone bill) as I didn't have international calling on my Verizon "landline". After 10 minutes on hold I hung up ($30 down the drain). I then added the international plan for $10 on my Verizon Digital Voice. Tried again today, from landline this time to the: +33-1-5345-3177 #. After like 1 minute on hold they picked up (this was just now Eastern time). Full refund of points (this was an award ticket) and they said money would take 6-8 weeks. More concerned about the points vs. cash at this point.

Just an FYI. Not sure if it'll help. Agent was very polite and I didn't have to even ask for full (no penalty) refunds/waiver for points reimbursement.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:16 am

FYI there is a chat feature on koreanair.com and it works well. Sorry you spent the money on the phone call.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by sergent
FYI there is a chat feature on koreanair.com and it works well. Sorry you spent the money on the phone call.
Thanks. For me, the chat feature kept saying it was unavailable and that I had to call.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by sergent
Didn't work for me. Said unavailable and needed to call.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
OK so I tried yesterday (going to get a huge phone bill) as I didn't have international calling on my Verizon "landline". After 10 minutes on hold I hung up ($30 down the drain). I then added the international plan for $10 on my Verizon Digital Voice. Tried again today, from landline this time to the: +33-1-5345-3177 #. After like 1 minute on hold they picked up (this was just now Eastern time). Full refund of points (this was an award ticket) and they said money would take 6-8 weeks. More concerned about the points vs. cash at this point.

Just an FYI. Not sure if it'll help. Agent was very polite and I didn't have to even ask for full (no penalty) refunds/waiver for points reimbursement.
FYI in the future - just download Skype and pay 10$ for Skype Credit and you'll have it for YEARS. Then you can call any international number for very cheap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.