Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-19 cancellation policy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by Alfie800
My return portion on a LHR-ICN-SYD-ICN-LHR in March, got cancelled by them, we asked for the refund on the 24th of March, we are still waiting, they just say " we will leave a note to the Refunds Department based in Kuala Lumpur, it is not right. Call us by the end of next week if you don't have the money" . They have been told us that, every week for the last 4 weeks. I am getting very annoyed now....
I don't know how credit card laws work in the UK, but in the US at least, this would be ground for a dispute (if paid by a credit card). Is that something you can pursue?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:28 am

I may look into that, right now, I am waiting to hear the outcome of a chargeback from another airline, Amex has been mediocre, since we explained we booked refundable tkts, flight got cancelled, and the airline said they offered us vouchers! so we had to reopen the case, as we did not agree toi that, we never asked for vouchers, we wanted the money back, even the fare conditions of the tkt said refundable.... but they did not see that the first time . So once thats over, I may think about doing the same with KE.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:06 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
What is the maximum amount of time people have been forced to wait for a KE refund? As I have mentioned previously (#115) I made a refund request on 7th April. KE told me not to call them until June, which I did on 1st June which the phone operator was not happy about. Told to continue to wait - now on 25th June and still no refund from KE. Since I do not have any email traffice with KE then I have no supporting documents to make a chargeback with AMEX UK.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by siw
What is the maximum amount of time people have been forced to wait for a KE refund? As I have mentioned previously (#115) I made a refund request on 7th April. KE told me not to call them until June, which I did on 1st June which the phone operator was not happy about. Told to continue to wait - now on 25th June and still no refund from KE. Since I do not have any email traffice with KE then I have no supporting documents to make a chargeback with AMEX UK.
Many people have said they waited 3 months or so. Just have to keep in mind the sheer volume of cancellations, how many planes and passengers were once in the sky but now are not.....and it keeps growing every single day.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 2:04 am
siw

Out of interest, does FFP status affect refund times and priorities during this massive amount of refund requests? So that top-tier's get refunded faster.

I have AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum (STE+) status and was refunded back to AMEX UK by AF within one week for a flight that AF cancelled at the end of August once I used the simple online AF website refund option. Whereas, I have no status with any other airline and found I've had to wait months (TG), remain waiting for months (KE) or got no response and AMEX UK has won the chargeback request (that was with LH).
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by siw
Out of interest, does FFP status affect refund times and priorities during this massive amount of refund requests? So that top-tier's get refunded faster.

I have AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum (STE+) status and was refunded back to AMEX UK by AF within one week for a flight that AF cancelled at the end of August once I used the simple online AF website refund option. Whereas, I have no status with any other airline and found I've had to wait months (TG), remain waiting for months (KE) or got no response and AMEX UK has won the chargeback request (that was with LH).
I think not at all. I think it's truly just about bank processing systems in each country, their arrangement and processing times, etc. In March AND in April, I received a refund here in Korea in a matter of days, like less than a week with my Korean credit card. Super fast. But it's always that way here honestly thank God haha.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Booked 2 tickets SYD - ICN - LAX and SYD - ICN - CDG both return scheduled for April. Asked for a refund and got a confirmation of a Refund Application on the 20th of March.
Got a refund receipt on the 1st of July and the money came in on the 2nd of July. They sure did take their time but I finally got my money back... Had a flight between CDG and LAX in March but canceled it because of the border closure, Delta refunded me in 2 weeks.
Between this and KE going along with their Skypass changes I think I'm gonna jump ship and switch FFPs.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:51 am
siw

Is KE supposed to give a confirmation email or similar with a reference number whilst a refund is being processed? I had to telephone KE to request a refund and I've not had any email (or refund yet) from KE. Getting anxious that I'm not going to get my +£2,000 back for a flight I cancelled in April that was supposed to fly in May.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by angra
I don't know how credit card laws work in the UK, but in the US at least, this would be ground for a dispute (if paid by a credit card). Is that something you can pursue?
Well, after 3 and 1/2 months, I got my refund.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 5:34 am
siw

Finally got a refund reciept email and then a few days later had the refund back on my AMEX UK account. That was 3 and a bit months. Happy that dealing with KE has finsihed.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 4:55 am

Just as a reference - but I know being IN Korea I'm the exception. I got a schedule change notice for my Europe flight in October YESTERDAY...which I'm obviously cancelling bc Corona restrictions and quarantine rules here in Korea.

It was a mileage ticket paid with Korean credit card. The mileage was refunded in literally 15 minutes. The taxes/fees fully refunded as well and that was finalized in less than 24 hours in their system (got message TODAY) - now waiting for my bank to give the cash back to me so I'm guessing it will show up overnight here in Korea.

Somehow here in Korea it's still LIGHTNING FAST.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Just as a reference - but I know being IN Korea I'm the exception. I got a schedule change notice for my Europe flight in October YESTERDAY...which I'm obviously cancelling bc Corona restrictions and quarantine rules here in Korea.

It was a mileage ticket paid with Korean credit card. The mileage was refunded in literally 15 minutes. The taxes/fees fully refunded as well and that was finalized in less than 24 hours in their system (got message TODAY) - now waiting for my bank to give the cash back to me so I'm guessing it will show up overnight here in Korea.

Somehow here in Korea it's still LIGHTNING FAST.
As reference for others - IN KOREA - KOREAN CREDIT CARD - refund hit my account yesterday, so barely five days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.