Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS Lounge under COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Didymis
The official website still states it is "closed due to COVID-19"
https://lounge.klm.com/client/lounge52/home
They were open briefly when there around New Years. Not sure hours/if was temporary.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
How are the showers in the AMS non-Schengen lounge? Do they have sinks? Do they have toilets?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
How are the showers in the AMS non-Schengen lounge? Do they have sinks? Do they have toilets?

Thanks in advance.
Sinks yes, toilets no.
Buster CT1K, Smuffe and Digicola like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi - I have an intercontinental arrival -> Schengen departure at AMS next month (DL J -> KLM J). Will I have access to the non-Schengen lounge (52?) I'm not that familiar with transiting AMS. I assume that's a better lounge than the Schengen lounge? Main concern is ability to shower, I believe the Schengen lounge does have them but only a few? So could be a long wait?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Hi - I have an intercontinental arrival -> Schengen departure at AMS next month (DL J -> KLM J). Will I have access to the non-Schengen lounge (52?) I'm not that familiar with transiting AMS. I assume that's a better lounge than the Schengen lounge? Main concern is ability to shower, I believe the Schengen lounge does have them but only a few? So could be a long wait?
You are (obviously) arriving non-Schengen, and then continuing on a Schengen flight, right? I would pick the least busy lounge, but that's easier said than done. Lounge 52 is arguably nicer, and certainly offers more variety in seating options etc. It also has windows that admit daylight, which may matter to some, and will appeal to those who enjoy watching what goes on on the apron. Showers are subject to supply and demand, the wait could be longer in either lounge.

Johan
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Note the lounge agents at the 52 lounge try and direct you to the 25 lounge. This is more due to fact you must clear immigration. Just point out you want a shower, or if long layover, a sleep cabin.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johan rebel
You are (obviously) arriving non-Schengen, and then continuing on a Schengen flight, right?
Exactly.
I would pick the least busy lounge, but that's easier said than done. Lounge 52 is arguably nicer, and certainly offers more variety in seating options etc. It also has windows that admit daylight, which may matter to some, and will appeal to those who enjoy watching what goes on on the apron. Showers are subject to supply and demand, the wait could be longer in either lounge.
So you're saying I don't need to clear passport control immediately on arrival, I can stay in the non-Schengen zone and check out that lounge first? And if it's too busy, then there's a way through passport control into the Schengen zone where I could access the other lounge (25)? I'm pretty sure many other airports don't have this setup.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Exactly.

So you're saying I don't need to clear passport control immediately on arrival, I can stay in the non-Schengen zone and check out that lounge first? And if it's too busy, then there's a way through passport control into the Schengen zone where I could access the other lounge (25)? I'm pretty sure many other airports don't have this setup.
yes, correct
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:25 pm

In the Schengen lounge there is no service anymore for the hot food, you can just serve yourselves as much Stroganof and pasta you want (it's back to self-service)
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
In the Schengen lounge there is no service anymore for the hot food, you can just serve yourselves as much Stroganof and pasta you want (it's back to self-service)
Same is true for non-Schengen lounge.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Exactly.

Any airport, in a Schengen country with international non-Schengen flights, has this type setup. Part of airport is on Schengen side, part is non-Schengen side. This is basically the same as most countries do to separate international and domestic flights. The US is among the oddball not to have this type setup. (We have many more domestic flights, so makes more sense not to limit gate use)
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Any airport, in a Schengen country with international non-Schengen flights, has this type setup.
I have to disagree with this. Many airports in Europe have a strict segregation of arriving/departing passengers on top of the separation Schengen/non-Schengen.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have to disagree with this. Many airports in Europe have a strict segregation of arriving/departing passengers on top of the separation Schengen/non-Schengen.
As does AMS. Arriving passengers must clear security unless exempt. However once past security they can easily go onward through passport control without needing to exit.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by flyerCO
As does AMS. Arriving passengers must clear security unless exempt. However once past security they can easily go onward through passport control without needing to exit.
This is clearly not what Goldorak meant. In many airports, you simply can not enter the concourse without a connecting BP, even if arriving clean. And often in case of NS>S connections, you can't enter NS departure concourse and even if you did, there is no way to cleanly connect to a Schengen concourse.

End result, if Amsterdam had this kind of a setup, would be for ijgordon not to have access to NS Crown Lounge (52).
ijgordon and Goldorak like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: DL SM
I'll be flying from AMS to a Schengen area tomorrow. Would I want to access KLM Crown Lounge 52 anyway, or no bother and just head to 25? Of course 25 is easier, just like to understand if 52 makes it worth to go through security extra.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.