Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS Lounge under COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CyBeR
What actual use this has I will never understand.
No logic whatsoever to that, but don't tell me you are surprised?

Johan
Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo
nice and quiet except for the occasional baby ugh.
When will they invent Adult Only air travel?

Why can't AF/KL combine their efforts and create a more similar lounge experience. At CDG 2F at least you can get some decent food and wines. Food offering at Lounge 25 is still horrible: soggy pasta with a bland "mushroom sauce"...and €7 cava...
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Didymis
Food offering at Lounge 25 is still horrible: soggy pasta with a bland "mushroom sauce"...and €7 cava...
One cannot fail to notice the long lines of lounge patrons queueing for that soggy pasta, and all around you people can be observed gulping down enormous quantities of all the horrible food on offer. Look a while longer and you will be sure to spot people stuffing their bags too, and not always surreptitiously.

Perhaps KLM is warranted in concluding that the vast majority of lounge guests either have stunted taste buds or are completely undiscerning when it comes to culinary delights, and therefore entirely satisfied and satiated when they leave for the gate. The global proliferation of junk food and obesity supports such a conclusion.

Bottom line: if you hope for change, then keep dreaming!

Johan
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the topic of airport amenities, I noticed that all four landside ATMs I walked past were switched off, with signs referring customers to a currency exchange desk somewhere.

If this has something to do with the fight against Covid, then the logic escapes me entirely.

Johan
SkyTeam777 and maalloc like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johan rebel
On the topic of airport amenities, I noticed that all four landside ATMs I walked past were switched off, with signs referring customers to a currency exchange desk somewhere.

If this has something to do with the fight against Covid, then the logic escapes me entirely.
Hazarding the guess that the concern might be about transmission via the keyboard, if they are unable to disinfect it regularly enough?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickB
Hazarding the guess that the concern might be about transmission via the keyboard
If so, that begs the question why the airside ATMs were all working? And what about the other 5,000+ ATMs in Holland?

Johan
the810 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
If so, that begs the question why the airside ATMs were all working? And what about the other 5,000+ ATMs in Holland?

Johan
You know we are going to win this war one battle at a time.
Now that we are 99% sure that Covid is airborne, not contact-transmitted, and that we have taken all appropriate actions air-wise, it's time to ban these nasty ATMs.
Moreover, it's actually quite consistent to focus on land-side ATMs. Like restaurants, they certainly have a very different effect on contaminations than their airside counterparts.
the810 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CyBeR
They are now open again but with an "order and collect" system, where rather than walk into the store to pick out your items you talk to the store employees at the front of the store and they get the item for you.
Insane! Bizarre! A through-the-looking-glass shopping experience.

Went for a stroll this morning. The concept does not only make no sense, it is counter productive. Instead of spreading themselves around the store, customers cluster at the tensa barriers, disregarding distancing rules.

​​​​​​I struck up a conversation with a staff member in one of the stores. She said this stupid concept just resulted in a lot more work for her, and far more customer contact, what with running back and forth to show customers various items and then putting them back on the shelves again.

One thing is for sure about this pandemic: it has shown us that rational behavior is not exactly mankind's strongest point. Deranged and delusional strategies to deal with problems, real or imagined, have been allowed to flourish unchecked.

No crowding, please! - customers trying on apparel out in the concourse! Ha ha ha ha!

Johan
the810, caliform and Solevita like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Haha. This is the results of politics. In NL all non-essential shops are closed except for 'order and collect' (be it at restaurants or elsewhere). The airside Schiphol shops initially stayed open.....outrage in the press and parliament! So now the Schiphol shops have to apply the same formula with the results as described. Indeed, it is the question to what extent shops are a source of dispersion of COVID. The real dangerous settings are what the Japanese call 3C (closed spaces, close contact, crowded), particularly if you stay there for a long time. Night clubs, pubs, crowded restaurants....and schools are the places for superspread events. No matter if all in that space are vaccinated or not. Particularly if badly ventilated. But if these would have the same air refreshing systems as airplanes, most likely no problem.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But all the airside F&B outlets were open as normal, and I even passed a souvenir shop without barriers?!? It admittedly looked as if quite a few of the items they were selling were edible (kaas, kaas en nog veel meer kaas), although obviously not intended for immediate consumption.

Then arriving in CPH everything was open like normal.

No checks of any kind anywhere, by the way. Not at AMS, not at CPH, not at the Swedish border.

Johan
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by kosy91
Non-schengen lounge was completely packed on 25th morning around 10am. Blue restaurant was calm and relaxing
Blue restaurant? Last time I was in that lounge, the whole upper floor was closed off. Is it opened now?

What did they do with the actual restaurant space - is it integrated into the lounge? What about the bar, is it staffed?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:26 am

The concept does not only make no sense, it is counter productive. Instead of spreading themselves around the store, customers cluster at the tensa barriers, disregarding distancing rules.
My exact thoughts when I saw this nonsense.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Blue restaurant? Last time I was in that lounge, the whole upper floor was closed off. Is it opened now?

What did they do with the actual restaurant space - is it integrated into the lounge? What about the bar, is it staffed?
Was there last october. The upper floor is open (one half - bar side) to anyone. The bar is closed but all seatings can be used.The former restaurant part was not accessible when I was there.
KLBGO likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Was there last october. The upper floor is open (one half - bar side) to anyone. The bar is closed but all seatings can be used.The former restaurant part was not accessible when I was there.
On the upper floor, the bar area was open. The restaurant itself was closed in the morning...but it looked like they were preparing for lunch or dinner service (I may be wrong)
Old Jan 16, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by kosy91
On the upper floor, the bar area was open. The restaurant itself was closed in the morning...but it looked like they were preparing for lunch or dinner service (I may be wrong)
The official website still states it is "closed due to COVID-19"
https://lounge.klm.com/client/lounge52/home
kosy91 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.