Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS Lounge under COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Daxy
I'll be flying from AMS to a Schengen area tomorrow. Would I want to access KLM Crown Lounge 52 anyway, or no bother and just head to 25? Of course 25 is easier, just like to understand if 52 makes it worth to go through security extra.
YMMV, but in my opinion the answer is no, unless you have many hours to kill and are looking for a bit of variety.

Johan
NickB, Daxy and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
I'll be flying from AMS to a Schengen area tomorrow. Would I want to access KLM Crown Lounge 52 anyway, or no bother and just head to 25? Of course 25 is easier, just like to understand if 52 makes it worth to go through security extra.
Unless you have a 12h layover and want to see some sunlight, I really don't see the point of going to lounge 52 (not even sure that's possible these days if you don't hold a Non-Schegen BP)
Daxy likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Of course 25 is easier, just like to understand if 52 makes it worth to go through security extra.
simple answer = no !
and if you go to 52, you don't go through security again, but twice through immigration.
Daxy and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I actually like the 25 better (when it's not too crowded). Easier access, less weird seating like low laying benches (who likes sitting on that garbage?!) Same F&D. I also think it doesn't have 52's annoying Muzak?!?

I suppose 52 might be better if you need to take a nap. I once did (yes I know, I'm sorry okay, i was out of a dreadful TATL).
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
I actually like the 25 better (when it's not too crowded). Easier access, less weird seating like low laying benches (who likes sitting on that garbage?!) Same F&D. I also think it doesn't have 52's annoying Muzak?!?

I suppose 52 might be better if you need to take a nap. I once did (yes I know, I'm sorry okay, i was out of a dreadful TATL).
I agree. Lounge 25 has the qualities of old slippers: ugly but comfy.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by NickB
... Lounge 25 has the qualities of old slippers ...
Ohh I get where they found their inspiration for the food's smell and taste now
NickB, Goldorak, mlin32 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:45 am

Proper assessment of the F&B offerings at the 25 AND 52 Lounges....
Goldorak likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:33 am

Programs: FB
Well, I liked 25 better when they had the section out back with the window on the charter check-in area. In 52, there is at least a section outdoors, where you can enjoy the finest Batavian weather. Last I checked, that outdoor area where D meets the main building was closed "because COVID" or something ridiculous. Is that still the case?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BubbaX
Last I checked, that outdoor area where D meets the main building was closed "because COVID" or something ridiculous. Is that still the case?
Don't count on it reopening to the general public. That area is right outside the Privium Express Lounge, whose patrons would feel like fish in a aquarium being ogled by curious and envious spectators.

I've suggested to Privium that the terrace would make a great addition to the lounge, but I doubt they are willing to pay for it.

Johan
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
How about the terrace right in front of the Aspire and *A lounges one floor up? Last week I noticed them cleaning/prepping that area. Is that reachable at all for pax (and/or from the observation deck - which is closed nowadays as well I believe).
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I'm planning to book a 12h layover in AMS in order to visit some museums. I'm also planning to have breakfast at the KL lounge (courtesy of my ITA status match which as far as I understand works in AMS/KLM) before leaving to the city and then dinner at the lounge before my flight in the evening. Any reasons why this would not work? Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alec84
I'm planning to book a 12h layover in AMS in order to visit some museums. I'm also planning to have breakfast at the KL lounge (courtesy of my ITA status match which as far as I understand works in AMS/KLM) before leaving to the city and then dinner at the lounge before my flight in the evening. Any reasons why this would not work? Thanks!
It should work, as long as you can stomach both breakfast and dinner in the lounge. Just the thought is enough to make plenty people feel queasy.

Johan
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
It should work, as long as you can stomach both breakfast and dinner in the lounge. Just the thought is enough to make plenty people feel queasy.

Johan
That's sad. I was looking forward to my first SkyTeam Lounge ever. I hope at least the cappuccino is normal lounge level (mediocre) and not undrinkable.

Last edited by Alec84; Mar 29, 2022 at 3:44 am
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:14 am

Two people landing from a TATL flight but connecting to different flights, one to Ireland and one to a Schengen destination. One has Elite stats and would like to guest the other into the lounge.

Would the Ireland flight be leaving from the same terminal as the TATL arrival or is there a separate UK/IE departure area? Is the nine Schengen lounge near that departure? Would the Schengen destination passenger have access prior to immigration to the same lounge as the Irish destination passenger?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Two people landing from a TATL flight but connecting to different flights, one to Ireland and one to a Schengen destination. One has Elite stats and would like to guest the other into the lounge.

Would the Ireland flight be leaving from the same terminal as the TATL arrival or is there a separate UK/IE departure area? Is the nine Schengen lounge near that departure? Would the Schengen destination passenger have access prior to immigration to the same lounge as the Irish destination passenger?
AMS is a one-terminal airport - there are only two parts, the non-Schengen area and the Schengen area. The TATL arrival and UK/IE departure will be from the same area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.