Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS Lounge under COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: FB
What a feast! Now there's a buffet that expresses the unequaled Dutch reputation for cuisine!
Old May 12, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Thanks Johan.
I haven’t set foot in Crown Lounges for months due to flying more on AF these days… it’s good to see that some things don’t change, and that AMS lounges are still waiting for us with their timeless offer !
Old May 13, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My pleasure!

That (allegedly vegetable) soup looked like what you end up with after thoroughly cleaning a septic tank, and the pan it was served in must have been found during an archaeological excavation of an early Industrial Revolution site somewhere in the Midlands.

Johan
Old May 22, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Just a quick question ...
What is lounge 25 closing time in the evening ?
Old May 23, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by psollitt
Just a quick question ...
What is lounge 25 closing time in the evening ?
I believe 22h, from what I read recently on another thread here about overnight layovers.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Privium Express Lounge closed, in the Schengen Crown Lounge now. It's a lunatic asylum, only the straightjackets are missing.

My flight suddenly delayed due to a last minute change of tail number. Not sure why KLM now thinks it will depart 15 minutes before the incoming aircraft is expected to land.

Johan
Arpoador likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:15 am

johan rebel I know this thread is about the AMS crown lounge, but given you pass through CPH potentially more often than I do - I usually fly the 6am red eye morning flight out of CPH and thus have never visited the partner lounge for AFKL.

is it any good? Any food at hand?

for, what feels like the first time ever, I’m flying in the afternoon with a full day to kill, so was hoping to at least kill part of the day airside and enjoy free beer, but that’d also mean I need to eat 😊

thanks for input.

Last edited by b12e; Jun 21, 2022 at 11:27 am
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by b12e
is it any good? Any food at hand?
If you are in J (or Plat, I think), you can use the Apartment Lounge, which is more than halfway decent. The food is fine, with cold and hot options throughout the day. Lunch replaces breakfast at 10.30, which is nice if you are on that KL flight where they serve breakfast at lunchtime.

Coach pax use the adjacent lounge, I forget what it's called, think it might be Aspire. Haven't been there for years, but I'm pretty sure it sucks, certainly food-wise.

Johan
b12e likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
If you are in J (or Plat, I think), you can use the Apartment Lounge, which is more than halfway decent. The food is fine, with cold and hot options throughout the day. Lunch replaces breakfast at 10.30, which is nice if you are on that KL flight where they serve breakfast at lunchtime.

Coach pax use the adjacent lounge, I forget what it's called, think it might be Aspire. Haven't been there for years, but I'm pretty sure it sucks, certainly food-wise.

Johan
thanks for that. Not in J, but definitely plat. I won't have to pass a check-in desk but if no queue I'll quickly ask there, not that big of a detour.

If not I'm sure the apartment lounge will send me away if it's J only and plat is not eligible.

I guess the other one is the Aviator Carlsberg lounge, or whatever the name.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If not I'm sure the apartment lounge will send me away if it's J only and plat is not eligible.
The two lounges share a reception desk, the staff will scan your boarding card and direct you to the appropriate lounge, either Apartment behind you or the flying beer hall one on your left.

I'm almost 100% sure Plat will get you Apartment access, Gold I'm not sure about.

Johan
b12e likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:33 pm

The two lounges share a reception desk, the staff will scan your boarding card and direct you to the appropriate lounge, either Apartment behind you or the flying beer hall one on your left.

I'm almost 100% sure Plat will get you Apartment access, Gold I'm not sure about.

Johan
I'll let you know Thursday around lunchtime CEST when I get there 😊 I'm on the KL1130 if it doesn't get cancelled. Will update this message.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Point of comparison: Privium West Lounge

I estimate there's seating for ±70, the number of patrons was around a dozen during the two midday hours I was there.

Goldorak likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:18 am

I was cheering too early. 40 minutes after OLCI opened:
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL

Johan
Plat get the Apartment. I was about to write Gold get the flying beer, but I realized that I was there on Priority Pass, not as STE+. In any case the F&B offerings seem to be the same. Ambiance is nicer in the Apartment in my opinion.

Aspire used to be the lounge for Czech Airlines from ST, but they don't even fly to AMS any more, I think they only fly to Paris couple times a week and that's it. The airline is effectively dead.
b12e likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was cheering too early. 40 minutes after OLCI opened:
Plenty of AMS-CPH-AMS flights get canceled these days, with KL1133/1134 and KL1129/1130 being the most common victims by far.

Cruise ship turnaround days in Copenhagen are an exception, KLM will operate the full complement of flights on those. If during the summer months the seatmap shows more than two rows of J at STD -72 , I know what I'm in for. American cruise passengers are a demographic so peculiar that they almost qualify for distinct species status. Yesterday's flight was a case in point. Packed to the rafters (I had the only vacant adjacent seat); eight or nine pax in various stages of decrepitude had to be pushed or hoisted on board; ridiculous amounts of checked luggage and carry-ons caused not only storage problems but also weight & balance issues, resulting in the flight being delayed even more than it already was; and the atmosphere on board was somewhat reminiscent of a domestic flight to LAS.

American lady behind me started yapping loudly on her cellphone as soon as she took her seat, and continued doing so when the safety demonstration started. After a few seconds the Cabin Supervisor stopped the demo, walked over to the lady and very politely, but in a firm tone that brooked no argument, told her to a) switch off her phone, and b) pay attention to his safety demonstration. Good for him!

Johan
Fabo.sk, Solevita and b12e like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.