Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS Lounge under COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maalloc
Please feel free to post pictures of the Schengen airside lounge next time you go,
Took a while. Sorry.

The presence of half a dozen other guests somewhat limited what I could photograph.
Concerto and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:04 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Thanks Johan.

This one, too, looks from another world compared to KL25. Very tempting, especially after Monday's circus at the Crown Lounge, when finding a seat was almost impossible and queue for food was > 10 minutes. First time ever I actually turned back and went straight to the boarding gate.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maalloc
circus at the Crown Lounge ... queue for food was > 10 minutes.
Queue here zero minutes. The sandwich was built to my specifications, I could pick and choose from a long list of parts. Somewhat like an elegant, tastier and healthier version of Subway. It was served at my seat.

Johan
Fabo.sk and maalloc like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:12 am

Schengen lounge breakfast offering looks improved there. So, are catering and other arrangements in non-Schengen Crown lounge still the same as they were a long time: 1 food station/queue for all food and unimproved food offering (and 1 open bar for drinks)?

Am flying Sunday evening, and wondering whether to schedule some time in the lounge, or not bother!
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:15 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The design looks like a cross between the Star Alliance and Aspire lounge I think. The *A one having the more premium feel to it, but this isn't far behind. That sandwich looks nice!
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Unfortunately looks is the only premium part of the *A lounge in AMS

cafeamsterdam if you refer to Johans pictures, that's not Crown lounge.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Yeah, apologies for the confusion, but that's the Privium Express Lounge. Pic posted in response to an earlier request.

Johan
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Unfortunately looks is the only premium part of the *A lounge in AMS

Absolutely agree on that one. Its been closed for the last 18 months or so anyway. Before that the food was pretty much identical to the aspire lounge next door (meaning... not great). But..the design and seating is good.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The food was about as bad as it can get, school cantine level. It wouldn't take a huge amount to raise the standards just a little bit and everybody would be happy. Or happier. I am quite surprised that they haven't had issues with people getting ill.

Actually, that happened to me, after a visit to the Schengen Crown Lounge about 5 years ago. From then on I never touched food in lounges if it wasn't packaged. And then they started serving it to us, which pleased me greatly, so I tried eating the food again. Much of the problem is that people are disgusting and unhygienic.

During Covid people, generally, had to be re-educated about hygiene. The fact that there are signs telling you to wash your hands and even pictograms explaining how it should be done should tell you about the state we had reached, about what the human race had become.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Absolutely agree on that one. Its been closed for the last 18 months or so anyway. Before that the food was pretty much identical to the aspire lounge next door (meaning... not great). But..the design and seating is good.
Not pretty much identical, exactly the same. Same kitchen, same offer.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is non-Schengen Aspire lounge offering self serve wine again? How’s the buffet? Or is it still pre packaged food? I was hoping BA lounge would be open by now given that flights are slowly returning.

unfortunately I’ll be stuck in aspire tho during my inbound KL from USA and outbound connection on Royal Air Maroc to CMN. Anyone think KL lounge dragons will let in an elite plus passenger in WBC to take a shower during my connection (given the next segment is on oneworld?). Wasn’t sure if they have been any more or less generous on those KL arrivals connecting to other airlines that use the Aspire lounge as their facility.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: FB
I’m pretty sure that you will have access to the Crown Lounge, as an incoming WBC passenger

Last edited by P.B.; Sep 25, 2021 at 10:58 pm
Old Sep 26, 2021, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Privium Express Lounge breakfast
Old Sep 26, 2021, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel

Privium Express Lounge breakfast
I have to say, the staff there are lovely. Enjoyed my morning on Friday immensely, time allowing. Just hoping they'll open for the full day soon
Old Sep 26, 2021, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to say, the staff there are lovely. Enjoyed my morning on Friday immensely, time allowing. Just hoping they'll open for the full day soon
Yeah, the staff are very nice and go the extra mile. Early this morning, I asked the catering lady for the sandwich pictured in my previous post (it was not on the menu). She replied that the bread had not yet been delivered, but that she would see what she could do. A few minutes later I noticed that the agent at the desk by the door had vanished. She soon returned, with two loaves of bread. I was asked whether I wanted brown or white for my sandwich, which was served quickly thereafter.

I enquired about the opening hours, and was told that they indeed want to extend them, but everything hinges on traffic picking up further and Privium members traveling more. So it all depends, and no date has been fixed, nor have they determined how much longer the Express lounge will stay open.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.