Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2023, 6:43 pm

It would be great if they had a hybrid version i.e. 1 cert to wait-list, 2 certs to confirm at booking for transcon.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
it only costs one SWU or RUC to confirm a transcon on AA/DL way ahead of time - it seems like Mint certificates (if 2 are needed) are less valuable?
Old Oct 13, 2023, 8:55 am

It's a real bummer that these can only be used for 2 people on a single flight.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:39 pm

Programs: Frontier 100k, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know what the move to mint priority is when there are multiple move-to-mint passengers?
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Anyone know if these can be used on redemption tickets or just paid. T&C do not speak to this at all.
firemandan9 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Move to Mint / Same Day Switch

How does the Move to Mint cert work with the Same Day Switch benefit?

E.G. if I am upgraded to Mint on a LAX-JFK-FLL itinerary, can I same day switch to Mint on LAX-MIA assuming there is at least one open Mint seat on the direct flight?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
How does the Move to Mint cert work with the Same Day Switch benefit?

E.G. if I am upgraded to Mint on a LAX-JFK-FLL itinerary, can I same day switch to Mint on LAX-MIA assuming there is at least one open Mint seat on the direct flight?
Move to mint is a pretty manual process so it’s very unlikely you will get upgrade to mint if you same day switch a flight since they don’t process them same day.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie
Move to mint is a pretty manual process so it’s very unlikely you will get upgrade to mint if you same day switch a flight since they don’t process them same day.
The scenario I was describing is that the Move to Mint is processed first and then I do a same day switch after - would I stay in Mint or get kicked back to coach?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Many JFK-SFO flight sold out before move to mint processing window (24 hours), or have one seat left.

obviously paid Mint is more popular than I thought 😂
Old Oct 16, 2023, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
The scenario I was describing is that the Move to Mint is processed first and then I do a same day switch after - would I stay in Mint or get kicked back to coach?
I understand and was trying to get across that it’s likely a change back to coach.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: Jet Blue Mosaic, Emirates Silver, Etihad Silver, BA Bronze,
Sharing in case it’s helpful. Here’s the response I received (after 12 days) on my M2M questions. For context, this is related to earned status, not status match.

“Thanks for reaching out to JetBlue. We are happy to answer your questions.

Question 1) If I reach Mosaic 3 in 2023, do I get 4 Move to Mint certificates in 2023 which expire in 2023, and then do I get a fresh set of 4 certificates on Jan 1, 2024, for being Mosaic 3 going into 2024?
Answer 1) If you reach Mosaic 3 status before the end of the year, you will be issued 4 Move to Mint (M2M) certificates that will expire on 12/31/2024.

Question 2) Do the Move to Mint certificates work on points bookings (award tickets) or just cash tickets?
Answer 2) M2M certificates work on an award or cash bookings.”

This is the first time I’ve read that point bookings are 100% eligible which is good to know.

As a side note: *nice* to see Delta converts get 2 sets of certs (2023, 2024 if they pay $99 for the credit card) and Mosaic spenders get one… I understand the business strategy behind all of it - it’s smart for JetBlue corporate and great for Delta flyers, but between this and the reliability issues/schedule changes, I’m over it.
cdubz likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Set2Jet
As a side note: *nice* to see Delta converts get 2 sets of certs (2023, 2024 if they pay $99 for the credit card) and Mosaic spenders get one… I understand the business strategy behind all of it - it’s smart for JetBlue corporate and great for Delta flyers, but between this and the reliability issues/schedule changes, I’m over it.
I can understand the frustration. I do think that there's going to be a huge amount of "breakage" for the DL matched Move to Mint awards issued for 2023. They're only valid for three months, many people would already have their holiday travel booked for this year and there's always a lull in business travel in November/December around the holidays and as companies tighten their belts heading into the year end.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS Gold 75K and Delta PM, former AA EXP
Datapoint - recently status matched to Mosaic 3 from Delta. Booked JFK - SFO in Core and was automatically upgraded or "Moved to Mint" at 36 hours prior to departure. Nice perk!
Adelphos likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone successfully Moved to Mint for work travel booked through TripActions/Navan? The program rules state:

Move to Mint can only occur on bookings made directly with JetBlue. Excludes group bookings and JetBlue Vacations packages.
I've asked two JetBlue reps this question and gotten one yes and one no. I'm not sure if Navan counts as an OTA.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt DIscoverist
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Anyone know if these can be used on redemption tickets or just paid. T&C do not speak to this at all.
I emailed and they said yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.