Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,

As a new status matched Mosaic, I will be interested in redeeming "Move to Mint" certificates where available. I didn't see a consolidated thread on the subject (feel free to merge it if there is one); I figure it would be good to have a thread to talk about successes, challenges, best routes and times to apply the certificates, etc.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Another DL refugee here. Can anyone confirm if Move to Mint works on Blue Basic fares or flights purchased with points? It seems like they should, but I can't see that in the T&Cs.

Last edited by pgh234; Oct 4, 2023 at 11:51 am
Old Oct 4, 2023, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
also asking the same question if they would work on points ticket.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:25 pm

Spoke to an agent on the Mosaic Line (877-538-8783) who says they should work on point tickets but didn't ask about blue basic fares.
pgh234 and golfr like this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
One additional question. Do you get the upgrade on the day you make the reservation if a Mint seat is available at that time or do you have to wait until the day of the flight or flight time if there is an available Mint seat?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:59 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Not when one reserves. B6 provides the upgrades 24 hours before the flight. As I usually am not flying solo, this Mint certificate arrangement does not provide me with any real benefit. I find I max out my personal advantages on B6 at Mosaic 2, with little incentive to spend more on B6 after level 2.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by shawbridge
One additional question. Do you get the upgrade on the day you make the reservation if a Mint seat is available at that time or do you have to wait until the day of the flight or flight time if there is an available Mint seat?
The terms say you have to book at least 96 hours before, and upgrades are processed 24 hours before a flight.

Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
Not when one reserves. B6 provides the upgrades 24 hours before the flight. As I usually am not flying solo, this Mint certificate arrangement does not provide me with any real benefit. I find I max out my personal advantages on B6 at Mosaic 2, with little incentive to spend more on B6 after level 2.
I have played around with some seat maps, and I have seen plenty of Mint flights that have two or more open Mint seats within 24 hours of departure. I would assume that if two additional passengers had requested Mint upgrades with certificates, they would have been moved up at that point. But I am not sure if that is how it works in the real world - which is why I started this thread. Have you attempted got use two or more of these certificates, and it didn't work? If so, what route, day, etc? I hope we can collect a lot of data points in this thread over time

Last edited by Adelphos; Oct 5, 2023 at 4:06 am
Old Oct 5, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Have you attempted got use two or more of these certificates, and it didn't work? If so, what route, day, etc? I hope we can collect a lot of data points in this thread over time.

Did not attempt as dealing with 4 seats.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Any confirmation on whether the certs work for Basic Blue fares?
Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
[QUOTE=Adelphos;35638134]The terms say you have to book at least 96 hours before, and upgrades are processed 24 hours before a flight.

I think I will try it on flights from Boston to San Francisco. I recently took the London flight with paid Mint. The seat was excellent but I would want to have Mint guaranteed on the night flight.
Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: B6
I recently had the upgrade clear for two passengers going BOS > LAX and LAX > BOS. In both cases, the upgrade cleared automatically somewhere between 28 and 30 hours before the flight. Nothing was needed from me in either case.

I got a different response from an agent re: booking on points. The agent I spoke with said an "all points" booking was not eligible for Move to Mint, but that "some cash" needed to be used for the itinerary to be eligible. It was not clear to me whether the cash paid for taxes on a points booking would count. Rather than risk it, I just booked flights with all cash because I wanted to maximize my chances of using the certificates.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 10:05 am

I was told by a chat agent that there doesn't seem to be fare class restrictions for it so award bookings should qualify. Would be nice if someone had a DP to support this. If not, I'll have a flight in November to test this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Looks like JetBlue is already changing how Move to Mint works - one upgrade, and one likely downgrade.

1) Starting next year, you can apply Move to Mint certificates immediately after booking

2) However, the amount of certificates you need will vary based on demand, pricing, etc

So you will probably be able to confirm Mint upon booking next year... but it may cost you three of your six certs for one seat for a transcon...

Starting 1/4/24, you can redeem Move to Mint certificates immediately after booking. After you finish booking your core seat and check out, just head to jetblue.com/manage-trips. You can Move to Mint any time before check-in, up to two hours before departure. You get to choose which flights you want to apply your certificates to, instead of them being assigned automatically. The number of certificates required to redeem will be dynamic and change based on the route and other factors, like flight prices. The only associated out-of-pocket cost will be taxes. Just pick your flight, apply your certificates, and pay any applicable taxes—it’s as simple as that.

Bookings eligible for Move to Mint
  • JetBlue-operated flight with Mint
    • Move to Mint can only occur on bookings made directly with JetBlue. Excludes Blue Basic fares, group bookings and JetBlue Vacations packages.
    • No pets or unaccompanied minors are allowed in Mint.

Note:

Move to Mint certificates are valid to use for travel by the above expiration date. Additional applicable taxes may apply at checkout. Certificate(s) can only be used to move from a core seat to a Mint seat on routes where Mint seats are available. Move to Mint certificate holder must be traveling in order to use certificate(s). Move to Mint certificates cannot be redeemed in connection with certain bookings including, but not limited to, Blue Basic fares, group bookings, JetBlue Vacations packages, bookings made with a corporate or government discount, bookings made with other airlines even if they include a JetBlue segment and bookings with pets. Certificates cannot be used for moves directly into Mint StudioŽ seats, even if only such Mint seats are available. Customers who have used Move to Mint certificate(s) who no-show for the flight without canceling the booking before the time of departure will forfeit the certificate(s) and applicable taxes, except where prohibited by law. Certificates and applicable additional taxes will be recredited to customers who have used Move to Mint certificate(s) if the flight is canceled or operated by substituted equipment on which Mint is not available.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
In practice Jetblue really won't let you use certificates on corporate bookings? By comparison Delta will take over reservations to process RUC/GUC.

The variable upgrade cost is a little concerning, hopefully 4 certs will still be enough for at least one LAX-JFK round-trip in Mint on most flights. A cut in half of value would be worthwhile if they can be confirmed in advance. 3x cost would be less favorable.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Adelphos
2) However, the amount of certificates you need will vary based on demand, pricing, etc

So you will probably be able to confirm Mint upon booking next year... but it may cost you three of your six certs for one seat for a transcon...
I just assumed this was because it currently costs 2 certs to upgrade TATL routes. Please don't give JetBlue any ideas on charging more for immediate upgrades!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.