Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2023, 12:27 am

Is it confirmed that we can’t same day switch and keep the mint seat after receiving a move to mint upgrade? Has anyone been able to do it successfully?
Old Nov 11, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If JetBlue wants to retain those Delta elites they just tried to win over, they need to scrap the same day switch restriction. Over in Delta-land, a RUC (Regional Upgrade Certificate) is treated as a method of payment, and once it clears, the ticket is treated no differently than paid J
Old Nov 14, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Some quick notes on my process experiences with Move to Mint since accepting the Mosaic 4 status match as a Delta Diamond medallion and receiving 6 Move to Mint certificates:

LAX-JFK, 530AM flight on a Wednesday, regular A321: 3 open Mint seats at 5 days out, down to only 1 open at 48 hours out, then got the 'Sorry, we're not able to use your certificates' email. I did get to use my Blade helicopter transfer on arrival though, which was amazing.

JFK-LAX, 3PM flight on a Saturday, regular A321: 5 open Mint seats at the 48 hour mark, received 'congrats you've moved to Mint' at T-39 hours, was placed into one of the aisle seats, and a certificate was deducted from my Trueblue account. Couldn't change the seat selection via app or website, but I called the Mosaic line and within 2 minutes my seat was switched to one of the open window seats. Was a great experience for my first time trying Mint.

LAX-BOS, 8AM flight for this coming Thursday, A321neo with the new Mint setup: 5 open Mint seats a week out, down to 3 open Mint seats at T-49 hours. Checked ExpertFlyer again at just under 48 hours to go, and suddenly down to only 1 seat open. Didn't receive a "We're sorry email", nor a "congrats you've moved to Mint" email, but I did get a "What to expect on your flight" email, which indicated I had booked Mint and was talking me through that. Checked the app, and I was indeed moved into one of those two seats that vanished at the 48 hour mark. Still one available, so I assume there were only two Mosaics with Move to Mint that were booked in the economy cabin on this flight. As of this point (T-45 hours), still no 'congrats you moved to Mint' email, nor have they deducted a certificate. Really looking forward to trying the new A321neo Mint setup and also the eastbound breakfast menu.
pgh234 and sommerma like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 12:31 pm

Does anyone know how many certs each route will take starting next year? E.g. will JFK-SFO or JFK-LAX be one cert or two?
Old Nov 14, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by taf1273
Does anyone know how many certs each route will take starting next year? E.g. will JFK-SFO or JFK-LAX be one cert or two?
Nobody on here is going to know.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 4:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by diburning
If JetBlue wants to retain those Delta elites they just tried to win over, they need to scrap the same day switch restriction. Over in Delta-land, a RUC (Regional Upgrade Certificate) is treated as a method of payment, and once it clears, the ticket is treated no differently than paid J
Yeah, Delta has changed this in the past year. It is treated DRAMATICALLY different than a paid J ticket now. Only automated schedule changes let you keep the upgrade, if you don't like what you got, too bad, you must downgrade to switch flights and then hope you re-clear. Also many times SDC is locked out for RUC supported upgrades on the app or website, and 90% of agents won't help you.
jetsfan92588 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta DM
Called the Mosaic desk to apply the certs. Agent tells me for this year, as long as the flight qualifies, any customer with the certificates will have it applied automatically. For next year, you can apply it yourself under "management" at the time of booking. Interesting.

I was able to use all of my points. Booked JFK-SFO with all points, then used the rest plus some cash for LAX-JFK. Thank you Jetblue!

requested Blade rides too. this is ridiculous.

Blade confirmed. wow!
jjbiv likes this.

Last edited by golfr; Nov 15, 2023 at 12:19 pm
Old Nov 15, 2023, 4:57 pm

My free Blade experience was awesome. Also allowed me to prank my company's CFO by sending him a picture and telling him I was expensing it...
jjbiv, sommerma, FTDDD and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 9:33 am

Upgraded two seats today for Saturday's BOS - GND. Not sure if Grenada is still not on main US tourist map, but flights and hotel were super cheap for Thanksgiving week so we're checking it out. Seems that no Mint for the return trip next Saturday though as no revenue seats available on that day.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 3:44 pm

Just finished my first flight on the Mint seat on the 321neo. Really fantastic. Best transcontinental US business experience I have yet tried. Much better selection of movies on the IFE, too, and as usual the Mint food and flight attendant service was just outstanding. It's too bad they only use the 321neo on a small number of days/times going across the US (though the regular 321 Mint is still very good, in my opinion.)
golfr likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 6:22 am

Good morning - new to Jetblue - are the upgrade certs transferable? Do I need to travel on the same reservation?
Same question regarding Blade heli vouchers.

I also signed up for the CC so I'm assuming I'll get new certificates in early 2024?

Thank you
Old Nov 17, 2023, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by FTDDD
Good morning - new to Jetblue - are the upgrade certs transferable? Do I need to travel on the same reservation?
Same question regarding Blade heli vouchers.

I also signed up for the CC so I'm assuming I'll get new certificates in early 2024?
To my understanding, the upgrade certificates are not transferable. They can be applied to up to one other traveler on your same reservation, space permitting. Same with the BLADE certificate, according to the Q&A on https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/faqs

Yes, you'll receive the appropriate amount of new Move to Mint certificates in early 2024 - either 4 or 6 depending on whether you've been matched to Mosaic 3 or Mosaic 4. They did have some language indicating that it may take a couple of weeks at the start of January to go through and process that. And, starting in 2024, the Move to Mint process will change - it will no longer be done automatically starting 24-48 hours before the flight, but instead you'll use the certificates at the point of booking- but they are also introducing dynamic certificate pricing, so it will start requiring more than 1 certificate on some routes depending on demand.
FTDDD likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 5:24 pm

Lol, a flight I booked and was hoping to use a certificate for is now the only flight on that route +- 3 days that's sold out in Mint. On the bright side, JetBlue via Whatsapp assured me that it is in fact possible to same-day switch to a different flight with availability, and upgrade the new flight, just that it has to be done manually. I'll report back in a couple of weeks if it actually worked.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by mb752
Lol, a flight I booked and was hoping to use a certificate for is now the only flight on that route +- 3 days that's sold out in Mint. On the bright side, JetBlue via Whatsapp assured me that it is in fact possible to same-day switch to a different flight with availability, and upgrade the new flight, just that it has to be done manually. I'll report back in a couple of weeks if it actually worked.
Fascinating insight, that will be very useful if it works, thanks for sharing.

P2 and I were both just moved to mint on a flight for tomorrow - we got the last 2 mint seats, flight is J0 now, so it appears that B6 is not, at least in this case, holding back seats for gate upgrades/last minute sales. Also, the system pulled 2 certs from P2 and none from my account - I thought the rules said that if both pax have certs, then it'll pull 1 from each? But we prefer this result anyway because I'm more likely to travel and use them before the end of the year than she is. May be relevant that I booked this trip for us while logged into her account, and used her miles for partial payment.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AntimonyER
Yeah, Delta has changed this in the past year. It is treated DRAMATICALLY different than a paid J ticket now. Only automated schedule changes let you keep the upgrade, if you don't like what you got, too bad, you must downgrade to switch flights and then hope you re-clear. Also many times SDC is locked out for RUC supported upgrades on the app or website, and 90% of agents won't help you.
Not my experience at all. SDC on Tuesday JFK-LAX on RUC ticket (via an agent) without any issues. Took all of 3 minutes and I had a seat assignment and off I went. Same on recent sked changes - massive change, wanted different DL operated flights and was handled quickly and without question - for sure it isnt that way with AFKLVS but on DL metal, I havent had any issues with upgraded legs post sked change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.