Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:01 am

Didn't have the cert thing show up in any of my bookings NYC->LHR OR BOS->LHR.

Figured id test booking and then doing move to mint and this showed up although i have 4 certs - anyone else seeing this? IT SAYS:

"ACK. THIS FLIGHT ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR A MOVE TO MINT" - All mint seats are unbooked
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by mb752
Same here, can't see anything in either the app or website - my guess would be that they are rolling out the new interface slowly, and that it'll show up for everyone over the next few days.

​​​​​​​my gut is they arn't doing the rollout by user but rather doing it by flight - flights that are later in the year don't have the option while more recent do.

they are probably still pricing out later flights

Last edited by hiso167; Jan 4, 2024 at 11:03 am Reason: messed up quoting
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by hiso167
Didn't have the cert thing show up in any of my bookings NYC->LHR OR BOS->LHR.

Figured id test booking and then doing move to mint and this showed up although i have 4 certs - anyone else seeing this? IT SAYS:

"ACK. THIS FLIGHT ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR A MOVE TO MINT" - All mint seats are unbooked
Do you have a RT booked? It is only pricing out the cost for the entire RT and will not let you apply to individual legs, which completely obliterates the value of this program as you could previously call in and request to not be upgraded. Sounds like the cost might be >4 for the RT. I'd much rather take a daytime flight in economy and save them for a redeye.

Last edited by atyppo; Jan 4, 2024 at 11:46 am Reason: clarity
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I spoke with someone at the Mosaic line who had no idea whether the number of required certs was available prior to purchase. She called me back an hour later (after speaking with someone she deemed knowledgeable) to confirm that right now you can only see the number of certs required after purchase. She said they are working on adding functionality to the website at some point in the future so Mosaics can see the number of certs required prior to booking (with no estimate of when this might become available).

I had to cancel and rebook my trip three times, but I was finally able to book a round-trip to CDG for 4 certs total (2 in each direction). As best I can tell, the number of certs seemed to correlate directly to the Mint price (requiring more certs as the Mint price in $ went up, and I saw TATL flights requiring 2, 3 and 4 certs).
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I spoke with someone at the Mosaic line who had no idea whether the number of required certs was available prior to purchase. She called me back an hour later (after speaking with someone she deemed knowledgeable) to confirm that right now you can only see the number of certs required after purchase. She said they are working on adding functionality to the website at some point in the future so Mosaics can see the number of certs required prior to booking (with no estimate of when this might become available).

I had to cancel and rebook my trip three times, but I was finally able to book a round-trip to CDG for 4 certs total (2 in each direction). As best I can tell, the number of certs seemed to correlate directly to the Mint price (requiring more certs as the Mint price in $ went up, and I saw TATL flights requiring 2, 3 and 4 certs).
this goes against the screenshots above that said they could book with knowledge prior
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by atyppo
Do you have a RT booked? It is only pricing out the cost for the entire RT and will not let you apply to individual legs, which completely obliterates the value of this program as you could previously call in and request to not be upgraded. Sounds like the cost might be >4 for the RT. I'd much rather take a daytime flight in economy and save them for a redeye.
That seems insane right? there is now here in the fine print that says that - if i want to go with P2 and only have 4 certs im SOL or riding in the back lol
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by hiso167
this goes against the screenshots above that said they could book with knowledge prior
The screenshots above are post-purchase (see the note at the bottom of the post). They are showing the checkout process for the Mint upgrades (not the original airfare). In my case, I had to "pay" 4 certs and $60 in taxes to upgrade both segments.
hiso167 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
For JFK-LAS flight tomorrow, 4 certificates required for Mint upgrade.

At least 7 Mint seats available for sale.

No thank you.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:26 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
made in error
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:59 pm

Is there an upper limit on the number of certs required? Has anyone seen a flight that requires 5 or more?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:20 pm

Is there an upper limit on the number of certs required? Has anyone seen a flight that requires 5 or more?
If I recall correctly, the announcement a couple of months back said the maximum would be 4.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:24 pm

Ah, well that explains why I wasn't able to see anything. Not being able to tell before purchase is kind of annoying though. I guess if it's tied to Mint cash price one could make an educated guess, but still...

Unrelated question: Has anyone here applied certificates, or even just checked the price, for a multi-segment itinerary, e.g. SFO-JFK-LHR? Curious if in the new dynamic system the certificates are still per-segment, or if maybe west coast to Europe might end up potentially being cheaper if it's priced out for the journey as a whole.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Genuinely curious - any organic JetBlue elite customers using these certs?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by mb752
If I recall correctly, the announcement a couple of months back said the maximum would be 4.
4 doesnt seem enough for SFO to FLL but agents also cannot see pricing for my booking. Said to try again tomorrow as not all mint routes have been loaded for online upgrades. 🤔
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
4 likewise does not appear to be enough for LAX-JFK on 1/8. Hopefully an artifact of the rollout and not an accurate indication of pricing to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.